• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
2aes2z6.jpg
Police are questioning two people - named locally as the Rev Jim Percival (above) and his daughter Ruth
[...]
vicar and his daughter have been arrested on suspicion of murder and sex offences after her newborn baby boy was found dead.

Police are questioning the pair - named locally as the Rev Jim Percival, 64, and his daughter Ruth, 28 - after finding the baby's body at his vicarage
[....]
They are also being questioned on suspicion of conspiracy to conceal the birth of a child together with a 65-year-old woman, named locally as the vicar's wife Susan.
[...]
trio were being held tonight at Blackpool Police Station. None of them have been charged with an offence.

Police said the baby boy, born to the 28-year-old woman named locally as Ruth, was reported stillborn
[...]
After 'numerous inquiries' and a post mortem which could not establish the cause of death, the circumstances were declared suspicious.
[...]
Police spokesman told
[...]
‘Shortly before 6pm on Tuesday November 25, police were called to an address in Freckleton following an initial report that a woman had given birth to a still-born baby.
[...]
‘The baby’s mother, a 28-year-old woman, was taken by ambulance to Blackpool Victoria Hospital where she was treated and later released.

‘Following numerous inquiries, the death of the baby boy is now being treated as suspicious.

‘A post mortem examination has been carried out and the cause of death is currently inconclusive. Further tests are now being carried out to try and establish exactly how the baby died.
‘A 64-year-old man and a 28-year-old woman
[....]
have been arrested on Tuesday, December 2 on suspicion of murder, conspiracy to conceal the birth of a child, and sexual offences.

‘A 65-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to conceal the birth of a child.
‘They are all currently still in custody and the police investigation continues’.
[....]
have made several trips to the vicarage, which is in a quiet lane at the edge of the village, in the last week. Forensics officers wearing white gloves were seen searching the house and taking photographs.
[...]
is the vice-chairman of the governors for the village's Freckleton Church of England primary school, where his daughter is also believed to work.

One parish council member told
[...]
'He's been here for about eight to ten years. He's well-known among the community, especially at the church. He's a friendly, nice chap.'
Greg Butler, who has lived near the vicarage for 33 years with his wife Brenda, said: 'The vicar seemed like a nice enough person but I wouldn't say he was a natural vicar.
[...]
obviously known to some people in the area but me and wife don't go to church so we didn't know him on a personal level.

'We would see him and his wife Susan and his daughter Ruth quite often because it's only a small village. But I would never expect to hear of something like this.
[...]
really shocking - this is a very small village and it's always peaceful.

'There has been a hefty police presence in the last seven days or so. It was obvious that something wasn't quite right but this is very shocking.'
[...]
'The village is running amok with talk. I live nearby and the vicarage has been littered by police and people doing fingertip searches. The vicar has been here for some time and this is a complete shock.'
Another neighbour, who asked not to be named, added: 'There's a van been parked outside all day today but police cars and vans have been up and down the street all week.
[...]
must have been coming here for a good week to ten days now.

'I've not heard anything about any arrests as we've not long lived in the area. But either way it's quite a shocking thing to hear.'
[...]
the Diocese of Blackburn said: 'The diocese is aware of the situation regarding Rev Jim Percival and his family.

'We have been liaising closely with Lancashire Police and are offering pastoral support to the church and the local community and will continue to do so.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...irth-child-sexual-offences.html#ixzz3KuTQifXk

I thought for sure he'd be an American. Sex offenses against a newborn, "stillborn" or murdered. :vomit: Reminds me of a certain movie. The minute he was available, he was born nothing but fresh meat. Welcome to the world, little guy. So sorry your birthday was lethal. :(

I am hoping the sexual offences are related to the fact this man has been having an incestuous relationship with his own Daughter and not to do with the poor babys death. He may have killed the baby to hide the whole sick debacle, but I wonder how the police found this all out?

Just eyuw fucking EYUW all round.

It's certainly possible it was incestuous. In fact, it would make more sense with the mother being arrested, too. Nice. EYUW is right. I read it as if the charges were for evidence the baby had been sexually abused.

Looked up the term "Fingertip search". Web def. was vague. Pretty cool technique developed by a British forensic scientist.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?rd=1&word=Fingertip+Search

Police conduct fingertip search at vicarage where body of baby was found as detectives question mother, 28, and her vicar father, 64, on suspicion of murder
  • Reverend Jim Percival, 64, arrested in Freckleton, Lancashire
  • Daughter Ruth, 28, and wife Susan, 65, also being questioned
  • Police called after reports that Ruth, 'had a still birth' at vicarage
  • She was taken to hospital but boy's death was later declared suspicious
  • Post mortem examination could not establish how the baby died
  • Pair quizzed over three allegations at Blackpool Police Station
  • She was questioned on suspicion of conspiracy to conceal child's birth
  • Police guard vicarage today as officers given extra time to quiz family
Mystery: It has emerged that in the days following the death of the baby, Rev Percival disappeared from the village leaving behind a note which outlined what hymns and bible readings he wanted at his funeral

Murder quiz vicar is so religious he 'hates to see births out of wedlock': Members of congregation said to be unaware his daughter was even pregnant
  • Reverend Jim Percival and his daughter Ruth, 28, are being questioned
  • It's over the death of newborn found at their £400,000 vicarage last week
  • Police were called on Tuesday after reports Miss Percival had a still birth
  • But senior officers later declared death in Lancashire to be suspicious
  • Regular congregation members were unaware daughter was pregnant
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gious-hates-births-wedlock.html#ixzz3L0dRERsw

Hmm. Wouldn't be the first time we've heard someone preach how religious they are, only to break several commandments on the same day and in horrific fashion.

Vicar arrested over death of daughter's baby may have thought 'pregnancy out of wedlock was sinful and brought shame to family but he's no murderer'
  • Reverend Jim Percival and his daughter Ruth, 28, have been bailed
  • Police investigating death of newborn found at their vicarage last week
  • Officers called on Tuesday after reports Miss Percival had a stillbirth
  • But senior officers later declared death in Lancashire to be suspicious
  • Regular congregation members were unaware daughter was pregnant
  • Relatives said he took a dim view on illegitimate pregnancies
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gious-hates-births-wedlock.html#ixzz3L5R9qD6i

was sinful and brought shame to family but he's no murderer'

How very muslim of this fucker. I really don't see why the various religions of the world can't get along better.

Then again, jews and muslims don't like pork, which is just insane to me and reason enough for me to despise said religions. Fucking nutters, depriving yourself of something that delicious.

I
How very muslim of this fucker. I really don't see why the various religions of the world can't get along better.

Then again, jews and muslims don't like pork, which is just insane to me and reason enough for me to despise said religions. Fucking nutters, depriving yourself of something that delicious.
I can't eat pork...:( But it's because my stomach doesn't digest it well...I get nauseated and sometimes puke.
If I could I'd eat ribs everyday though!!! Love pork.:shifty:

Vicar who was accused of rape, murder and child neglect says he felt 'vilified' after ALL charges against him were DROPPED
  • Rev Jim Percival, 65, and daughter Ruth, 29, arrested in November 2014
  • Charged with murder of baby and conspiracy to conceal the birth of a child
  • Clergyman was also facing historical rape charge - which was dropped
  • Today, the pair told murder investigation had finally been drawn to a close
  • The 18-month probe has 'ruined Rev Percival's life', who retired from work
Reverend Jim Percival, 65, and daughter Ruth, 29, were both arrested in November 2014 after detectives were alerted to a stillbirth at the vicarage of Holy Trinity Church, in Freckleton, Lancashire.

Shortly afterwards, Lancashire Police dropped historic allegations of rape against the respected clergyman.

Then in January, Rev Percival and his daughter were told the baby murder and conspiracy to conceal the birth of a child investigations had been dropped.

Today they were finally told the complete investigation was now closed after officers dropped any claims of child neglect against them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ys-felt-vilified-charges-against-DROPPED.html

Back