• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A man beat his ex-partner to death with a machete, hammer and screwdriver and slit his baby daughter's throat before leaving a note blaming his ex for what he had done, the Old Bailey has heard.

Roland McKoy is charged with murdering Valerie Forde, 45, and 22-month-old Jahzara at the family home in Hackney, north London, on 31 March.

The brutal attack was witnessed by Mrs Forde's 28-year-old daughter Carrise.

Mr McKoy, 54, denies the murders.

Three months before the deaths, community worker Mrs Forde had ended her 18-year relationship with Mr McKoy and had set 31 March as a deadline for him to move out of the three-bedroom terrace house, the court heard.

On the day of the alleged murders, Mr McKoy had still not moved out and the argument that ensued was allegedly overheard down the phone by Ms Forde.

She heard screams from her mother and half-sister before the defendant said: "This is the destruction that you have brought on to the family", jurors heard.

The court heard the young child had seen her mother being killed before Mr McKoy slit her throat with the machete.

[Prosecutor Ed Brown QC] told jurors a note had been found on the dead woman's face that "seeks in some perverse way to blame Valerie Forde for what had happened".
The note read: "Valerie Forde you never stop playing derty ticks (sic) for many years on all people places and things you targets. Now the world must see the sudden destru..tions you creates in our families, our home and on yourself Our fame in history Roland."

[...]

The court heard how Mrs Forde's relationship with Mr McKoy began in 1996 but hit the rocks after she discovered he was already married to a woman called Pamela McKoy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-30377411

He was already married to someone else and he hid that from her, so she wanted him out, AND she is the reason the relationship soured?

Doubt it douchebag, pretty sure your lying, cheating, abusing ass is the reason she wanted you out.

He was already married to someone else and he hid that from her, so she wanted him out, AND she is the reason the relationship soured?

Doubt it douchebag, pretty sure your lying, cheating, abusing ass is the reason she wanted you out.

@Krystal wins the internet for today.

He denies the murders??? He has to be the spawn of Satan. Gee, I can't imagine why she would want him out.
Do you have pictures of him? I tried to research him but only found a Ronald McKoy that was trying to stab passengers on a bus and threatening a 14 yo. I know the listed above is messed up but I woundn't think he could be the one in the same, or could he? Just curious.

Oh ladies! Don't you know it's always her fault? Yeah, if you hadn't done this or that, he wouldn't have had to hit you! Even standing over her dead body, it's still HER fault. Poor guy had no other choice. Abusers are cowards; real men don't hit or abuse women.

The man has no heart, no soul, no conscience. He is nothing. He killed a baby and will not have an easy time in prison. Oh, wait...this is GB. He might get 5 years. Might. <---sarcasm. I love England, I just think their sentencing for heinous crimes is a joke. Makes me mad, and I don't like being mad at people I admire. Ours isn't perfect, lots of mistakes are made, but we take murder and child murder pretty seriously.

Afraid we'll probably have to wait until after sentencing, @Kathy . They usually keep the photographs under wraps until then in case people turn out to be not guilty of the crime they were accused of......

ETA: Actually, we might get lucky when the verdict is in. Sentencing is later....

Last edited:
A man who beat his ex-partner to death with a machete, hammer and screwdriver and slit his baby daughter's throat has been jailed for a minimum of 35 years for murder.

Judge Charles Wide sentenced McKoy to life imprisonment with a minimum term of 35 years.

He told him: "You did it out of spite and resentment that Valerie at long last had the strength and resolve to say that enough is enough and you had to go.

"You thought she was going to back down but she didn't and that was an affront to your monstrous egotism."

McKoy's legal team had argued he was acting in self-defence against Mrs Forde having found their daughter dead.

But prosecutor Ed Brown QC said he had concocted a fictitious version of events.

"It is plain that the defendant had attacked Valerie Forde with the hammer, slashed her face and neck with the machete and stabbed her multiple times with the screwdriver," he said.

"It is equally clear from the evidence that the defendant used that same machete to cut Jahzara's neck from one side to the other. Each attack was a brutal one."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-30519574

Monstrous' handyman who beat his ex-partner to death with a hammer before slashing his baby daughter's throat with a machete is jailed for 35 years
  • Father was ordered to leave family home by partner he had threatened
  • On the day he was due to leave, he attacked partner with array of weapons
  • He then cut his own baby daughter's throat with a machete in crazed attack
  • Brutal killings were overheard by the woman's older daughter on phone
  • Killer drank bleach after writing bizarre note blaming victim for the deaths
  • He then tried to claim she killed her own daughter before attacking him
  • Jury took just two and a half hours to find him guilty of both murders
  • Judge says affront to killer's 'monstrous egotism' led to 'horrific' murders
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-Hackney-jailed-35-years.html#ixzz3MELs8per

Back