• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

ells9824

Bold Member!
19 year old Derrick Bailey of Gainesville,GA

gt.jpg

It was 2am, and he was bored. Like any other 19 year old, to relieve boredom he whips out his AK and starts cleaning it. Trouble was, it ended up being loaded. Shots were fired, striking 52 year old Mary Baily in the chest.She later died at an area hospital.

Derrick says he is sorry,and will have to live knowing he killed his mother. The Sheriffs office say after toxicology reports are completed on Derrick, the DA will decide whether or not to press charges.

http://tinyurl.com/24eg6h

WTF is a 19 year old doing with an AK-47 in the first place? I'm gonna hazard a guess Mama ain't the first person he's killed, just the only one he's sorry about.

WTF is a 19 year old doing with an AK-47 in the first place? I'm gonna hazard a guess Mama ain't the first person he's killed, just the only one he's sorry about.

That's what I was thinking when I read, "deciding on whether or not to press charges".

Wha? The fucker was cleaning an assault rifle Press some charges!

I'm sorry the woman who was his mother died, but I'm glad that he has now experienced what it's like to have an asshole shoot someone in your family. Maybe he'll put his little gun away and learn to read or square dance or something.

QUOTE: Hall County authorities say a 19-year-old Gainesville man won't face charges in the shooting death of his mother.

DA's office figured he was to much of an idiot to actually be able to determine if his weapon was load or not. I guess you can only punish stupidity to certain limit and there was no point even bothering with this one any longer.

I know the mom and son personally. His mom Mary was a single mom who tried her best. My husband worked out of town and after my youngest was born she helped me a lot. I have epilepsy and seizures where really bad . She would actually call out of work and stay with my babies. Where as my own momma who was not working would not stay with my kids. We moved to better area but one week before Mary told me she was afraid of him. That he was crazy. I told police but nothing was done . Derrick had a history of getting in trouble. Mary told me that last time he got locked up he actually snuck gun into jail.
Post automatically merged:

I'm sorry the woman who was his mother died, but I'm glad that he has now experienced what it's like to have an asshole shoot someone in your family. Maybe he'll put his little gun away and learn to read or square dance or something.
He never learned and he didn’t care

Hello @Mimiof2. Welcome.

I have always been dubious of the excuse that somebody was cleaning a gun when it fired. Part of cleaning a gun is running a patch down the barrel to wipe the fouling out, and that's a little hard to do if there is a cartridge in the chamber. Then there's the whole "partially disassemble the firearm to allow access to both ends of the bore for cleaning" thing to be considered too. What you're telling us about the dynamics of the family tells me that my dubiety has reason to exist.

I hope you stick around. There's plenty more stories for you to read and comment on.

--Al

I know the mom and son personally. His mom Mary was a single mom who tried her best. My husband worked out of town and after my youngest was born she helped me a lot. I have epilepsy and seizures where really bad . She would actually call out of work and stay with my babies. Where as my own momma who was not working would not stay with my kids. We moved to better area but one week before Mary told me she was afraid of him. That he was crazy. I told police but nothing was done . Derrick had a history of getting in trouble. Mary told me that last time he got locked up he actually snuck gun into jail.
Post automatically merged:

He never learned and he didn’t care
Derrick was crazy, I grew up on myrtle st not far from where him and his mom lived in melrose apartments. He didn't come outside and his mother did every thing for him. Worked long hours, pushed 2 grocery buggies from j&j to Melrose for him. Bought video games and action figures (he loved them, he would trade you brand new video games for old action figures you could find left at a park). Derrick was real life slow, on the spectrum and just always off. He never would have passed a psych evaluation to be considered competent. Mental health issues are real. From what the streets said he was mad that his mother didn't give him her tax refund to buy some video game or system.

Back