• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
A mother-of-three murdered by her "controlling" partner was "not listened to or heard" by the authorities, a report has found.

Natasha Trevis was stabbed 26 times by Junior Saleem Oakes in August 2012 as she tried to escape from a taxi.

A review into her death found police and social services in Birmingham had not dealt effectively with her complaints about his abusive behaviour.

Police said their approach to domestic violence cases had "radically" changed.

The report, by Birmingham Community Safety Partnership, found Oakes had come to the attention of West Midlands Police 25 times before the murder, including for a string of offences against his ex-partner and her family.

Evidence of his "escalating repeat offender behaviour" had been recorded since 2003, it said, but information on his background had not always been shared between different agencies.

Services provided to 22-year-old Miss Trevis and her three children, fathered by Oakes, were "not effective in keeping them safe", according to the report.

An allegation that a social worker had "let slip" to Oakes that Ms Trevis had aborted their fourth child, five days before she was murdered, was "still under investigation", the report said.

Oakes, now aged 30, admitted Miss Trevis' murder last January and was given a life sentence with a minimum jail term of 22 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-30479197

:mad:
25 times?!?!?
25 separate opportunities to protect this woman?!
Her blood is on the hands of the West Midlands Police....

Not blaming the victim.....but I am wondering about the 25 previous complaints and wondering if she followed through with the process. Did she go to court, was he convicted, was he court ordered counselling, did he go? Why was she pregnant and aborting the baby of man who had previously assaulted her 25 previous times. Four kids with no parents now. FUCK

QUOTE: Police said their approach to domestic violence cases had "radically" changed

To late for this woman though and hard telling how many others have "SLIPPED" through. I am pretty sure if I had this nut doing whatever he was doing to her he would have been found in a river somewhere appearing to have drowned and accidentally shot while he was falling in. :whistle:
And what is it with that greasy looking hair? o_O

Back