• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
@Taxidermi , Rotties are my favorite, I had one of the best, Katrinka, she was massive, weighed in at 140 at only 7 months old.

Hubby wants a Shepard, which I also really like but I want another Rottie, or a Mastiff. Right now our Doxies will have to do. But they're great too, little with big dog attitude, I had one growing up meaner than any pit bull I've ever seen, she was a vicious little bitch.:( now I miss my Ruby.

@Taxidermi , Rotties are my favorite, I had one of the best, Katrinka, she was massive, weighed in at 140 at only 7 months old.

Hubby wants a Shepard, which I also really like but I want another Rottie, or a Mastiff. Right now our Doxies will have to do. But they're great too, little with big dog attitude, I had one growing up meaner than any pit bull I've ever seen, she was a vicious little bitch.:( now I miss my Ruby.

The first pet dog I remember as a child was 'Blacky', our black lab (creative name, I know)
She let us kids just jump all over her, RIDE on her and she just loved it. If we got n trouble and our parents were coming to yell/spank us, she would get in between us and our parents and growl at them. She had to be put down for heartworms- heart breaking! A REAL GOOD dog is honestly hard to come by, and those 3 dogs, I will love forever- makes me tear up thinking about it still 30 years later lol.

I don't know how to make those smaller... sorry... that's my cat Smokey. We took her when my grandma died. Best cat in the world. You can pick her up and kiss her face and obviously my daughter likes to dress her up, and she won't attack or bite anyone. Very friendly even with strangers and little kids. A LOT of fur and she purrs really loud when she wants treats.. which is alllll the time

I've been checking back everyday to see if you had posted them. Very pretty kitty with such beautiful eyes. <3

@Athena and @Taxidermi , he's not mine but I got to spend the week with him. Lincoln, pure bred Bloodhound, one of the sweetest dogs I have ever been around, I wanted to bring him home from Louisiana with me!
i__rF8h0VE_cc5Fh9Lml7LcRmO0si0oKxH5OPUVquEM=w122-h162-p-no
zqXKmTmT64rqIltstmWBbX1Pz9um-dqtr5ViqLeiQaI=w122-h162-p-no
Oh, and he's still a puppy with way more growing to do!

I have wanted a bloodhound since reading Where the Red Fern Grows in 7th grade. I'd love a dog that goes ARROOOOOO! Those ears are to die for.

Last edited:
PY0oqjrfuPrTOJqlXm0UsKOlAOhWwKB_ELSLJeI2CHI=s192-p-no
c6s_Q8f0vNQght62Fj-JYU6QNHBEI5GQ02bjlH9REWM=s192-p-no
Recent pictures of Bear. He's one healthy boy now in our care. And yes in the one picture he's laying on the tv stand and desk while eating, creating a little Bear bridge over the gap between the furniture.

PY0oqjrfuPrTOJqlXm0UsKOlAOhWwKB_ELSLJeI2CHI=s192-p-no
c6s_Q8f0vNQght62Fj-JYU6QNHBEI5GQ02bjlH9REWM=s192-p-no
Recent pictures of Bear. He's one healthy boy now in our care. And yes in the one picture he's laying on the tv stand and desk while eating, creating a little Bear bridge over the gap between the furniture.

Awww, look at his sweet face. He looks so comfy and content now that he's found his real family. ♡

ortmp5.jpg

This gorgeous boy is my Dozer. He's almost fifteen months old and the first dog I've ever had (I've always been more of a cat person). I spotted him lying in the conservatory intent on chewing something so I got the camera and went for a closer look. He was murdering a poor wee snowman llf.

He didn't even look guilty, his expression was just like "yeah I'm killing this snowman you don't want me to touch. What are you gonna do about it?"
Even now he's demanding my attention, it's like having a toddler again lol.

IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/abrtid.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited:
I don't know why my second pic isn't showing, but it's just a close up of his wee face. Dear love him, can't imagine life without him now fs.

Now, I already had a cat and a parrot, plus a rescue cat that was living with my parents, their two parrots, and the family dog. But for my 30th, I really wanted a dog of my own. Since I was at uni and working shifts, it seemed like a good time, since I had dogsitters and would only be gone for 3-4 hours max.

I wanted a rescue, but a rescue wouldn't adopt to me, so I looked through papers and online ads for older dogs that needed rehoming. But I saw this little baby:

21bt8va.jpg

And fell in love. I decided I had to get her when they sent me this next photo, because it's obvious from her swollen little belly that she was riddled with worms.
do790x.jpg

When I went to go see her, she was being sold as a 9 week old Springer, but she was the size of a chi, not the chunky pups that Springers usually are at 9 weeks. It seemed like the worms might have stunted her growth, or she was crossed with something else. I broke every rule about what to do when buying a puppy. She was alone, no siblings or parents, I had concerns about potential health problems since she'd never been wormed, de-flea-ed or vaccinated, and the owners had no food to go with her. Worse still, as I cuddled this poor, clearly not loved tiny puppy, the woman said "if you want to dock her tail, you can go ahead and do it yourself, I'll tell you how". :( At nine weeks!!

That was it. I wasn't leaving this little baby there. I got lucky, and she's remarkably healthy, very smart, fit, and gorgeous. She grew more than we thought she would after her rough start, is the right size for a Springer bitch, but her coat isn't right for a springer, and she's clearly mixed with something else. Something about her head shape and the arch of her belly. But I adore her as is, especially her lovely full tail! Which she is very proud of.

After a few weeks of love and health care:
2jik5w.jpg

Keeping up with her new big brother:
21kwjug.jpg

All grown up now she's two:
2ez7mlz.jpg

Still loves to dance like Snoopy:
35irhqg.jpg

Oh goodness, @ScarletHarlot , her little belly looks like it's going to pop. And it definitely doesn't look like a normal, healthy, fat puppy belly. You can see the bloat. I'm soooo glad you found each other. It doesn't sound like she was faring/would've fared well at all with the uh, people, you got her from.

Thanks, @gatekeeper , I'm really glad we found each other as well. :)

Sorry for the wormy picture, I find it quite distressing as well - but she was wormed immediately, and recovered quickly. I'm hoping the following photos show just how much happier and healthier she is now!

I'm glad I got her as well because those 'people' were awful and who knows who they would have sold her to. They certainly weren't screening for a good home. While I adore Pixie and her character, I really meant it when I said she is smart - which means she's hard work! She was a lot of work as a puppy, and needs a lot of physical exercise and mental stimulation to keep that busy brain occupied and out of trouble. I love that about her, and I want a dog with that kind of drive and busyness about them. But I can see that in the wrong hands, she could have easily been mistreated. Some dogs really need an experienced and patient handler, then become the most wonderful dogs. In the wrong hands, she'd have been destructive, and had all that spirit knocked out of her.

Now that spirit is tempered with maturity, and knowing that patience earns her a lot of rewards! We have a great relationship, and I can't imagine being without her.

@ScarletHarlot - I love a good love story. :) I'd like to see your post hanging on the wall of the ASPCA and other local shelters and rescues here (breeder's homes, too). There are so many well-intentioned people who don't have clue one about that cute, little puppy's (or kitten's) nature and activity needs, grrr...

There are plenty of legit reasons a pet may end up in the pound, or a shelter. I get that. But, my *major* issue is with the "adopters" who refuse to educate themselves on how to properly care for purebreds, easily identifiable mixed breeds, or dogs and cats in general when it comes to multi-mixed breeds. And, with our city shelters, adopters have to sign a "10 day free return policy" and pay a hefty fee if they bring them back after that. So, you know how that pans out. Nothing like encouraging a pet to stay in an abusive home, or upping the "dump and run," stray population.

The people who just go into adoption blindly, letting little Billy or Susie pick out their next long term family member b/c it's "cute" then when they're tired of their natural activity levels and training needs, abuse them or get rid of them piss me off to no end. They're deliberately lazy and irresponsible, and it's the pet who suffers.

Sometimes (I'd guess the majority of the time) the fit is golden, and the fur person fits right in for life, or folks who adopt strays have no problems at all, and they fall in love with them and take good care of them. I love that, but when the fit doesn't work, we end up seeing the result of their deliberately uneducated, bad choices in the overwhelming stray and shelter populations, or we end up reading/seeing sad horror stories in the news; either the animal attacks, or suffers abuse for simply doing what was in its nature to do. Argh, this is one of my big soapbox rants that can easily send my blood pressure into stroke range.

If nothing else, we just need a big, fat sign at the front entrance to our shelters that says, "If you haven't done your homework on basic animal care, do not enter!" Maybe then we'd actually see a decline in strays and shelter/rescue populations. /rant. ♡

Last edited:
the woman said "if you want to dock her tail, you can go ahead and do it yourself, I'll tell you how". At nine weeks!!
:bigtears:At just the thought of it. Thankfully it was you that came along. Someone else might have said *Yes, great news. I really need to know how... We plan on breeding her and want to dock the tails ourselves.*:greedy:

I adore her as is, especially her lovely full tail! Which she is very proud of.
<3

Thanks, @gatekeeper , I'm really glad we found each other as well. :)

Sorry for the wormy picture, I find it quite distressing as well - but she was wormed immediately, and recovered quickly. I'm hoping the following photos show just how much happier and healthier she is now!

I'm glad I got her as well because those 'people' were awful and who knows who they would have sold her to. They certainly weren't screening for a good home. While I adore Pixie and her character, I really meant it when I said she is smart - which means she's hard work! She was a lot of work as a puppy, and needs a lot of physical exercise and mental stimulation to keep that busy brain occupied and out of trouble. I love that about her, and I want a dog with that kind of drive and busyness about them. But I can see that in the wrong hands, she could have easily been mistreated. Some dogs really need an experienced and patient handler, then become the most wonderful dogs. In the wrong hands, she'd have been destructive, and had all that spirit knocked out of her.

Now that spirit is tempered with maturity, and knowing that patience earns her a lot of rewards! We have a great relationship, and I can't imagine being without her.

That's just how Dozer was when we got him, absolutely riddled with worms. I found him on gumtree, he had been rescued at three weeks old. He had been left lying in dirty hay and had mites eating away at him. I wasn't sure how his fur would grow but he has a lovely healthy coat now. He was with a woman who fosters dogs for a rescue centre, and they charged £120 for him, to help ensure he didn't go to someone who wanted him for anything horrible. I dread to think what would've happened if they hadn't found him in time. His mummy died and only he and his brother were left. His brother was bought first so he was alone in foster care.

People have tried to steal him, and he's so friendly he'd probably go with them. I just know some scummy bastards would use him as a bait dog. People make me so angry I could bite! Your dog is beautiful, and very lucky to have ended up with you.

I have really enjoyed reading this thread and looking at the photos.

I have always had rescues. From rats and rabbits to cats and dogs. But my favorite was a large, never caged, highly socialized iguana. Archie.

The young man who had Archie first, passed away, and his family planned on euthanizing the iguana. When I took him in he was close to 4ft, but years later he was 6ft. He adapted to my cats and dog right away. One cat, Marvin, became Archies BFF. I have pictures I wish I knew how to post.

Archie had the run of the house, but went outside to catch some sun, and went over to some trees to poop. He insisted on eating his salads and fruit next to his friend Marvin's bowl.

When he was about 18yrs, he died peacefully in his sleep. I still miss him.

So the other day I took my puppy Teddy to the beach for the first time and this surfer dudebro says, "Hey, your dog is pretty bad ass for a little fru fru dog!" Lol. I've been teaching Teddy the 'fru fru' Poodle mix puppy to chase a frisbee so he doesn't chase my tennis balls at the court.

Suffice it to say, like his daddy, he loves the beach.

Sweet catch:

15763801333_7abf5e80ae_c.jpg

Yay! I loved this thread. :)
Since it's been bumped, I'll share my bf's kitty with y'all. I live with him now, so I can claim a least a little of this cuteness! :cat:

He's a teeny little guy- full grown but looks like a kitten (and just under 4 1/2 lbs).

We just moved into a townhouse last month and he loves the stairs. Spends a lot of time there.
EM6WoKS.jpg

Here he is in a sweater I made for him, after being told I couldn't do it:
LKs7iRj.jpg

05CDAE1C-CC2F-4DCB-8529-E9CCCDD986F2_zpsa2xdysrj.jpg
I have Jake the boxer lab mix. I adopted him from the pound 2/14/2006. When we moved to Fl last year we got Daisy. Baby girl loves them both.

Last edited:
This is Jake and Brutus. Brutus crossed the rainbow bridge in the spring of 2013
B64A4127-E8D1-4F58-A432-A6E8B0A384CA_zpsxkrhh07j.jpg

This is Randy he cross the rainbow bridge in dec 2012. It was hard on Jake when he lost his two best buds.
3952E858-64F5-446F-90D9-6F126A4616EE_zpsc3ohxmja.jpg

Ren begging for butt scratches. He's a giant whore for the butt scratchin'

VSBlyHq.jpg

Ren begging Ash to scratch his ass:

6Di2zrB.jpg

This is Ash going for his favourite ball, a deflated basketball that we found in the yard when we moved in. Ren as you can see couldn't really give a shit:

VqHIky6.jpg

Happy Ash!

SSlifau.jpg

Ren's favourite ball:

vYYyxS3.jpg

Back