• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
1zlpw6c.jpg

James Lusted, a 3ft 7in dwarf, took his fiance Chloe Roberts, to a posh restaurant when he was given a children's colouring book and crayons
k523d1.jpg
[...]
James Lusted walked into a restaurant for a romantic meal with his fiancee he expected to be handed a menu.
[...]
didn’t think the waitress would also try to give him a children’s colouring book and some crayons.

Unfortunately the well-meaning Harvester employee had mistaken him for a child – because while 26-year-old Mr Lusted, who has dwarfism, is just 3ft 7in tall, his 20-year-old fiancee Chloe Roberts towers over him at 5ft 7in.
[..]
only when the waitress heard Mr Lusted’s deep voice that she realised her mistake.
[...]
she was covered in embarrassment, her gaffe was the highlight of the night for the couple who have been laughing about it ever since.
Mr Lusted said: ‘As I said thank you to the waitress for the menu she heard my voice and knew I wasn’t a child.
[..]
immediately put the colouring book behind her back in shock. But I am man enough to see the funny side – I would never take offence.’
He and Miss Roberts did not complain to the Harvester
[...]
and will visit again with no hard feelings.
[...]
couple realise they make an unusual sight when they are out together in Cardiff, where she is a third-year education student.

But they say their mis-matched heights make no difference to them and they are getting married in the summer of 2016.

Mr Lusted, of Colwyn Bay, North Wale
[...]
‘Life has not been easy – when I was young I had a lot of surgery and went through a time of being bullied in school.

‘I have often thought from an early age, who would want to marry me, a dwarf? But then I met Chloe and everything just fell into place.’
[...]
rare genetic condition called diastrophic dysplasia caused Mr Lusted’s dwarfism. Both his parents are of average height.

He works as a TV presenter, actor and motivational speaker. He also competed in the World Dwarf Games twice and played badminton at a national level.

Miss Roberts
[...]
said: ‘All little girls dream about having their tall, dark and handsome Prince Charming. Never in my life did I think I’d date someone like James.

‘People sometimes get a bit confused when they see us for the first time but we always laugh it off. I felt a bit sorry for the waitress – she felt very uncomfortable.’

She added that she didn’t hesitate when Mr Lusted got down on one knee to propose. ‘There may be a two-foot height difference between us but when you are in love little things like that don’t matter,’
[...]
A spokesman for Harvester said: ‘We can’t apologise enough to James and Chloe, and are happy they have taken the error in good faith.’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ring-book-crayons-waitress.html#ixzz3FnMwhU4C

I understand but opposite this.
I am 6ft. Broad shouldered. When people walk up behind me, they call me Sir.
However, it sure as Hell is amusing when I turn around and they see I'm a female.

‘People sometimes get a bit confused when they see us for the first time but we always laugh it off. I felt a bit sorry for the waitress – she felt very uncomfortable.’

Aw bless, he is very gracious about it. At least it was an honest mistake.

I have made that mistake but only once. It was Halloween, I was in costume, and I didn't have my glasses on. I was putting candy in a group of kids' bags and got to the last one and realized she was holding car keys. Even though I had an excuse, I felt really dumb.

Back