• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
My Aunt called me whilst I was watching it with my oldest girls and I had one ear on her and one on the tv, when I heard my girls go Ooooops! I said whats going on - And they said ' Del nearly beat up the 3 titty lady because he couldn't get it up.' My poor old Aunt was like ' what was that? What the hell are you watching?!':oops:

I loved last night's episode!!!!! Anyone one who dares to say different can suck a dick.

Twisty's back story was AWESOME and so SAD. Elsa's was pretty horrible too and not at all what I was expecting. I did wonder though, why did Mordrake take Twisty and not Elsa? Because Twisty was killing people? I mean they were both (actually all of them) damaged souls in one way or another, why choose Twisty?

Also, RIP Patti.

@Mata Hari LOVE this! I was just saying to my kids, I bet loads of people in America go as Twisty, Id love to see the costumes.

Halloweens quite big over in the uk now - as AHS is too.

I'm glad I have this thread as although My Daughters mates all watch it , I'm the only adult I know apart from you guys that does!

Mind you, that's probably because I don't have any friends.

:crack:
:(

@paintedred how old is your daughter?! I know mostly only adults who watch it, with the exception of my little scary stuff loving girl. Tonight I am going to do much better with the teeth, last night I kinda half-assed it just to see if I could do it at all.

@paintedred how old is your daughter?! I know mostly only adults who watch it, with the exception of my little scary stuff loving girl. Tonight I am going to do much better with the teeth, last night I kinda half-assed it just to see if I could do it at all.

Haha - Definitely not my youngest, she's still 4, its my oldest two who love it - they're 15 and almost 20.

Well!! Just when they suck you in with Dels weird softer side, he goes and breaks the kind docs hands!!
In the words of Dandy - ' I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU!'

Had to LOL at Dandy getting a time out for the maid killing - ' Go to your room - I don't want to see you for the whole day!'

I do love the way you feel a little sensitivity in the freaks stories and are lulled into some 'feelings' before something disturbing happens, it is a very good play on human emotion and does get you going.

I did enjoy the episode, it crammed an awful lot in during a short space of time though. And Dandy in his Grandpa type underwear has us gals laughing and eyuwwwing at the same time :crack:

Gonna try this w/o giving too much away.

I got quiet about last week's ep. b/c I ended up in a "I love it!", "I hate it!" emotional quagmire, lol. I'm sitting here, waiting for more standard horror fare, and then they open up Twisty's story :eek: and ripped my tender-hearted, emotional guts out, the dirty bastids! I don't watch horror to fall apart and end up lost in emotional oblivion! :wacky:

Blood! Guts! Gore! Sadism! Psycho Thrill Killers who butcher people then bake them into meat pies!! Not weird, mean ol' clown has-beens who really aren't mean b/c they really do love to make children laugh despite the fact they botched their suicide, and all they could find was a rich, inbred, otherwise bored, psycho weenie who throws temper tantrums and has a mommy complex (for good reason). :bigtears: I'm too empathetic for this shit, lol!

That said, as of last week's ep., I'm not warbling as a struggling fan trying to maintain my series loyalty anymore. After a slow, and rather feeble, confusing start (comparatively speaking), I think it's hitting its stride.

This week's ep. was equally as good, IMO. The Dandy scene was great, in that (among other things), we wonder if his emotional discomfort over what he was doing when he said, "You're making me feel bad!" was the last dying ember of his humanity, or if it's a foreshadowing of things to come... *wiggling eyebrows* My personal fav. scene, though, was Michael Chiklis (Dell/Strong Man) pouring his heart out to the "person" at the table, and the response that person gave. He did an excellent job of dumping his "Commish" (et al) stereotypes right out the window. His heartfelt pleas, and subsequent rejection was another big :bigtears: moment for me!

Last edited:
I love this - I've seen a few episodes, but I'm going back to On Demand and watching from the beginning.

Just watched 3 episodes On Demand...so cool that they have Hollywood stars - Angela Bassett, Michael Chiklis, and of course Jessica Lange who's a different character every season. Twisty is freaking me out, but what's freaking me out even more is that guy with a face on the back of his head - he looks (his front face) exactly like my late friend's ex-husband :-o

@Deja, did you make it up through last week's ep. yet?

Anybody else getting the :popcorn: ready?

I did - and...

Mid-show intermission:
NOOOO!! Don't do it gd it!! :rage: :punch:

:popcorn:

*continued*
I'm not sure which WTF you're talking about, but there's 2 that I'm horrified by! oooh, maybe three! It's on again now, looks like they're playing the same episode repeatedly (good programming plan!) I'm sad, scared and freaked out all at the same time - mission accomplished!

I did - and...

*continued*
I'm not sure which WTF you're talking about, but there's 2 that I'm horrified by! oooh, maybe three! It's on again now, looks like they're playing the same episode repeatedly (good programming plan!) I'm sad, scared and freaked out all at the same time - mission accomplished!

LOL! I typed that first "don't do it!" :facepalm: when they showed what Maggie Ezmerelda (Emma Roberts) was planning to do with Ma Petite (Jyoti Amge) and that big specimen jar so she wouldn't have to cut off Jimmy's lobster claw hands. :eek: Ma Petite is one of my fav. characters. I know she's 20 yrs. old, but I think she is soooo adorable. After that, I had to laugh for posting it b/c as you said, there were 2 -3 more, "Oh shit, noooo!" moments, lol.

As for Dandy, I think he's my personal ep. winner for this one. I was SO not expecting that story line plot twist. I knew the minute one of the twins pissed him off he'd go off, :mad: but his emotional acting was *top notch* IMO, and he really made me feel sorry for him. :bigtears: After the Twisty backstory and Dell's heartbreak last week, I think I'm getting used to the emotional train wrecks mixed in with the horror/suspense elements. It's definitely diff., but it's drawing me in. :)

And, fps, I hope Seal Boy doesn't end up dying, too. What a noble guy to stand up and be a guinea pig after pissing off Elsa/Jessica (and her knives!). :nailbiting:

Yep, great article :). He says a lot of what I was stumble-f**king around trying to say in the beginning, too. Re: horror fare, I was wondering how Murphy was going to keep from dead-ending himself with the story lines. Space, post-apocalypse, and under the sea, or a "mole people", subterranean kind of thing are about all the "epic" themes that're really left besides a return to more reality-based horror. There's a ton of stuff still left to play with there, IMO.

Re: a "hidden connection" that links each of the four series (so far) together besides recycling the same actors/characterizations, personally, I love built-in plot puzzles, but I'm too thick to see it within these four. Anyone else see a hidden connection other than what's in the article? Looking forward to finding out what it is/was.

Oh, and now I kinda wish I'd have watched Nip/Tuck just to catch the similarities between that and the AHS characters. Sexy cosmetic surgery romps aren't really my thing, but I feel so "out of the loop," lol.

Last edited:
As for Dandy, I think he's my personal ep. winner for this one. I was SO not expecting that story line plot twist. I knew the minute one of the twins pissed him off he'd go off, :mad: but his emotional acting was *top notch* IMO, and he really made me feel sorry for him. :bigtears:

TOTALLY agree re: Dandy. I went from despising his character at the beginning-thinking he was too flat and one dimensional- to having an epiphany about him this episode! *Smacks forehead* OHHHH!!! THAT'S why he seemed so flat and one dimensional! It's all affectation to cover the barren, scorpion filled desert soul!!
Loved the whole breakdown flowing into resolve, where you get to see him consciously decide to embrace what he already long suspected he was.

This has definitely made me more interested to see where the season goes with him.

SPOILER: Don't scroll down cause I can't put the button in....

I liked last night's episode. Loved Jimmy singing Nirvana and am super excited to see what Ethel does with her new info about the "talent scout". I was upset that Ma Petit got killed foreal because she is so adorable but does this mean that douchebag guy is gone for the season, or is he going to come back to get more freaks?

One thing that I feel like I missed though is how did Jimmy and the fake fortune teller start hooking up? I mean she was all "no fucking way" and now they're in bed together?

Also, I really can't wait to see what Paul and his girl do to her daddy!!! That was sick shit, reminded me of his character on OZ way back when....

:headphone: "Come as you are, as you were, as I want you to be, as a friend, as a friend, as an old memory..." :singing:LOVED the Nirvana moment. He did a pretty good job with it, IMO.

Aaaaand, I had a feeling my li'l cutie pie just fit that specimen jar a little too well to live. :shifty: But, the way he crushed her :jawdrop: :wtf: :rage:! Cripes, if that wasn't a statement of opposites. And why in the hell are the H-wood e-rags spelling her name with an "e" @ the end (I copied their spelling) when Ma Petit <---- is spelled like @Mata Hari spelled it? I figured it was just creative license. :artist:

As for the other elements this ep., I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster :wacky:, one ep = :woot:, the next :wait:, or like I'm shopping for produce picking through the meh to find just the right peach <3. This week, I ended up in the potato aisle :cyclops:. Now that Desiree's dreams are dead, Dell can't bear to kill Jimmy (yet?), and my Wee Petit is floating in formaldehyde for the viewing pleasure of the REAL freaks, maybe next week will be back to :nailbiting:. Either way, I'm in til the end. :popcorn:But season five? Murphy's creative prosecution's making a pretty good argument for :wait:.

I didn't completely hate last night episode. Kinda sad about Dandy's mom. How many more episodes are left? I think they are rapidly killing folks because the season is almost over?

No way man. The season usually has what 12 or 13 episodes? This was #8. I know #10 is going to be a big one where Sister Eunice from Asylum has a part. I am waiting on baited breath for that.

I thought last nights episode was pretty awesome but I did not like Jimmy doing that whole played out "well then get away from me" to the pretty girl thing.

I LOVED the tar and feathering part but my question is this, did they really intend to kill him and fortune teller girl stopped them? I felt like if they really were going to kill him they decided not to way too easily. I think exactly what they did was their plan all along.

And oh Dandy... you little psycho fuck. Bathing in your mommas blood. I loved the flashbacks to him as a kid. So, he didn't kill Dora's daughter yet, right? I wonder what will happen with her, to this point she's pretty boring.

You are just delightful Gate. <3

And you, are too kind, m'dear. <3 :)

I'll be a lot more delight-ed when my contract for this pos phone is up and I can upgrade to the new Android for $20. I know I bitched, whined & apologized for this back in Aug., and again last month, but three solid months of pm's & posting apologies for random posts finally showing up gods know when (like FB not showing everything on ppl's feeds :rolleyes:) is tiresome. Pffftt.

Agree re: Dandy's mom. With the story/character counts going down, the rest -should be good from here on out b/c he wants a season 5. Can't afford to end this one on a lukewarm meh note.

I really liked last night's episode! "I am a god among men" that fucking Dandy is a full blown psychopath!!! I didn't like that Dell's suicide was stopped and Jimmy banging the fat chick? GROSS!!! then saying no to the twins? Ha!

I liked the episode before this one. I expected more from Dandy and not the introduction of someone else. The only good part was Del. It's lacking something to me, character development or cohesiveness or something.

So, tonight is the finale. I am excited but also - already wondering what they will do next season. last weeks episode was AWESOME IMO. Cutting the girl in half, fuck yeah, I kinda saw it coming but it was still awesome.

well, I loved the first season as well as Coven though both could have been allot better, with more plots and scdripoting, imo. I think second season was kinda meh [but once again could have been allot juicer as the combo of insane asylums and catholic church coulda been worked into something truly terrorizing] and am having a hard time getting into freakshow. I'm sure it will pick up but I haven't gotten through the first episode flipping over to spartacus until the third season when I could get that to load right [european stream, gr] so I guess will try to make it through the first of fs or go over to try to find breaking bad. Can still fall back on sons of anarchy as that is another series I want to see.

Back