• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Woo hoo! FInally, a movie to enter in my top 10 horror films of 2014 - Housebound. It's a comedy, sort of. It's more of a horror mystery with some dark humor. Cant't say much about it without ruining things, aside from saying it was fucking excellent.

Woo hoo! FInally, a movie to enter in my top 10 horror films of 2014 - Housebound. It's a comedy, sort of. It's more of a horror mystery with some dark humor. Cant't say much about it without ruining things, aside from saying it was fucking excellent.
Is it in theaters?

So since I was sick and out of work the last 2 days and its Oct. I watched:

The Children - I really liked it, thought it was well done, worth a watch

Children of the Corn - because it's one of my favorites and it was on

The last Exorcism - also thought this was pretty cool - I liked the documentary style shooting of it

The Uninvited - thought this was ok, nice lil twist at the end.. although some parts were a lil ehh for me

Sorry i'm not a very good writer/reviewer, lol

I wasn't too happy with the ending, but other than that I thought it was pretty solid.

My daughter said the same thing! She also had a pretty good theory that I guess I can't share cause I don't know how to put the spoiler alert from my phone -

My daughter said the same thing! She also had a pretty good theory that I guess I can't share cause I don't know how to put the spoiler alert from my phone -

That the Babadook never existed at all and that it was merely an allegory for grief and loneliness and not letting it take over your life to the point that it will destroy you and the ones you love? If so, that was my interpretation of it as well. The woman let the death of her husband, combine with raising a... unique... kid alone, formed into a crippling psychosis brought on by depression and stress - The Babadook. The film merely shows the Babadook taking over, and then her overcoming it. As for where the book came from in the first place, the mother told the other women at the party that she used to write children's books. She wrote it herself.

Just watched Pontypool. Very weird and claustrophobic. Seems to be your thing, @Morbid. I'd give it a 5 but worth the watch.

Seen it. I held off on watching it when it first came out because I was sick of "zombie" related anything, and the premise sounded retarded. Watched it one night when I didn't have anything else and ended up liking it a lot more than I thought it would. The plot doesn't sound like it would worj at all, but surprisingly they pulled it off. I thought, at least.

I didn't see Separation or Die on anybody's list. Both are eerie psychological thrillers. Die is more in-your-face; Separation is far more subtle. I had to go back and watch S a second time to see what the hell I missed the first time around.

--Al

On a side note, I did like that they couldn't drink human blood (or at least didn't want to) because we've become so tainted by chemicals that it made them sick. Pretty genius.

It's a similar premise to one of my favorite movies, 1974's Blood for Dracula. In that film, Dracula is dying because he can no longer find virgin blood and has no choice but to drink blood from women who have already had sex. In one classic scene, after feeding, Dracula laments, "The blood of these whores is killing me!"

Back