• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

beli

jaylen-fryberg_zpsb4e10868.jpg

he gunman who opened fire Friday at Washington state's Marysville-Pilchuck High School has been identified as freshman Jaylen Fryberg, fellow students, including eyewitnesses, told CNN.

Fryberg was announced as the high school's freshman homecoming king on October 17, according to YouTube video of the ceremony and accounts from students to CNN.

Fryberg's multiple social media accounts depict him frequently hunting, and using rifles. His social media accounts say he was a Native American and a member of the Tulalip tribe

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/24/us/washington-school-shooting/index.html

his twitter - https://twitter.com/frybergj

Last edited:
The student who opened fire at a Washington state high school Friday was described as a generally happy and popular football player who'd recently gotten into a dispute with a fellow student who'd made a racist comment.

Two law enforcement sources identified the gunman as Jaylen Ray Fryberg, a freshman at Marysville Pilchuck High School, north of Everett. He fatally shot himself after opening fire in the school's cafeteria Friday, killing another student, police said. At least four other people were injured, three of them critically.

"Everybody knew him. Everybody liked him," Bryce Vitcovitch, a member of the school's football team, told NBC station KING of Seattle. "This is just a huge shock to everybody. For the most part, he was a really happy kid."

[...]

Fryberg had a very active Twitter account that included many tweets and photos referring to a girl he was dating. But on July 20, he stopped tweeting for more than a month, resuming in late August with a series of heartbroken tweets.

"I hate that I can't live without you," said one. Another said: "Tell me what your plan is.... You can't make a bond with anyone like the bond me and you have right now.... Tell me what your going to do..."

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ma...jaylen-fryberg-happy-popular-students-n233506

All schools in WA I think went into lockdown because of this. Or my daughters elementary school did anyways. I got a call Friday morning with the important emergency message stating because of the Marysville incident the school was going into lock down although its not believed her school would be effected by the incident. But just as a precautionary....This is sad I think for everyone tho....Just tragic.

just read an article saying that Fryberg targeted his family - at least two of the injured are his cousins. so so sad for everyone invoved

Another schoolgirl dies in hospital from gunshot wounds inflicted by one of her closest friends in high school love triangle shooting as remaining three victims fight for their lives
  • Gia Soriano, 14, has died of gunshot wounds, bringing death toll to 3
  • Shooter Jaylen Fryberg, 15, and 'love interest' Zoe Galasso, 14, also dead
  • Andrew Fryberg and Shaylee Chuckulnaskit are still fighting for life
  • Third and final survivor Nate Hatch, 14, is 'improving' in hospital
  • Nate's grandfather said he can't talk but is writing notes to his family
  • The friends were sat in Marysville-Pilchuck canteen when Jaylen struck
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-gunman-sat-table-friends.html#ixzz3HJuCjOgS
2aeot9i.jpg
Gia Soriano, 14, has become the third to die following the Washington school shooting on Friday​

two of the kids he shot were his cousins and it is devastating to all the families effected and to his tribe as well as other tribes in the area. What's odd is out of all the school shootings and deaths not a single one has produced racial threats against a community of people as is happening in this case. http://www.cbsnews.com/news/classes-resume-monday-at-marysville-high-school-after-shooting/ This would be such a horrible thing for a family dealing with the consequences of your child

Hospital: Girl, 14, dies after school shooting
[...]
of the teenagers wounded in a Washington state high school shooting died Friday, raising to four the number of fatalities from the moment when a student opened fire in a cafeteria a week ago.
Shaylee Chuckulnaskit, 14, died late Friday afternoon
[....]
Zoe Galasso, 14, was killed during the shooting
[...]
Gia Soriano, also 14, died Sunday at the Everett hospital.

Two other students remain hospitalized
[...]
in Seattle. Andrew Fryberg, 15, was in critical condition Friday and Nate Hatch, 14, was in satisfactory condition.

The shooter, Jaylen Fryberg, 15, died of a self-inflicted wound.
[...]
school 30 miles north of Seattle was closed this week and will reopen Monday. The school will have grief counselors available.

"Our hearts are broken at the passing of our beautiful daughter," Shaylee Chuckulnaskit's family said in a statement released \
[...]
"Shay means everything to us. In Shay's short life she has been a radiant light bringing us incredible joy and happiness. She has been a loving daughter, a caring sister, a devoted friend and a wonderful part of our community. We can't imagine life without her."
[...]
family also thanked medics and hospital officials.
[...]
released police radio traffic recordings from the shooting scene showed officers faced a daunting task as they responded to reports of a shooter. They learned they would have to secure a maze of buildings that make up the sprawling campus.

About a minute after 911 dispatchers reported at 10:39 a.m. Oct. 24 that they were receiving calls of a shooting in the Marysville-Pilchuck High School cafeteria, one officer got on the radio from inside and said: "It's confirmed. We have a shooter. We have five down."

A few seconds later he added, "The shooter is DOA. We've got apparently four" and then "the shooter is down. Two causalities." Two minutes later: "I have two that are still breathing and alive. Looks like I have three possibly deceased."
[..]
http://www.wjhl.com/story/27179998/hospital-girl-14-dies-after-school-shooting

Fourth victim in Marysville school shooting dies two weeks after his brother-like cousin fired a bullet into the back of his head at point-blank range
  • Andrew Fryberg, 15, was the only teenager still fighting for life 15 days after his brother-like cousin opened fire in Marysville-Pilchuck High School
  • His girlfriend Zoe Galasso, 14, and gunman Jaylen, 15, died at the scene
  • Gia Soriano and Shaylee Chuckulnaskit, 14, died days later in hospital
  • Nate Hatch, Andrew and Jaylen's cousin, only one to survive his wounds
  • Andrew's family thanked neighbors for support during their 'deep loss'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...let-head-point-blank-range.html#ixzz3ISLHt8Zg

Marysville shooter threatened classmates in messages before shooting: ‘Call me before I do this’
Text and Facebook messages examined by Snohomish County, Wash., detectives show Jaylen Fryberg may have been planning a shooting at his Marysville-Pilchuck High School days in advance over a failed relationship with a 15-year-old girl and detailed his final wishes for a funeral to his family.
In his last known communications with friends,
[....]
shooter Jaylen Fryberg told a girl to call or else and sent a photo of himself posing with a handgun.

He also described “My Funeral” in a makeshift will expressed in a text message to relatives that divided his possessions and asked his family to apologize to the loved ones of victims about to be gunned down in the Washington state school’s cafeteria.

The messages were partially detailed in a search warrant filed by Snohomish County detectives to examine Fryberg’s cellphone found in his pocket, according to court documents
[...]

The 15-year-old shooter took his life within minutes of shooting Zoe Galasso, Gia Soriano, Shaylee Chuckulnaskit and his two cousins, Nate Hatch and Andrew Fryberg, in the head.

Only Hatch survived the attack with a gunshot wound to his jaw.

Friends and classmates had previously described Fryberg as normal in the days before
[...]
but text messages shared by the Herald indicate he may have planned the shoot-out in advance over a befouled relationship with a 15-year-old girl.

“Don’t bother coming to my funeral,” wrote Fryberg on Oct. 18, the day after being crowned homecoming prince.

[...]

tone darkened in the days to come, but the girl only identified by initials in court documents, ignored him.

“I set the date. Hopefully you regret not talking to me. ... You have no idea what I’m talking about, but you will,”
[..]
Bang bang I’m dead.”

Unable to reach the girl, he contacted her friend the morning of the shooting with a photo of himself holding the same gun found by investigators in the cafeteria between his legs
[...]
“Call me before I do this,” Fryberg pleaded one last time.

The threats were never reported to Marysville-Pilchuck High School teachers or the principal, Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Shari Ireton told
[...]

Detectives also searched Fryberg’s bedroom, but found no evidence to suggest a premeditated act.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...eatened-classmates-shooting-article-1.2017590

The father of a teenager who used his dad’s gun to kill four classmates and then himself at a Washington state high school was sentenced Monday to two years in prison on firearms charges.

Raymond Fryberg apologized for his son’s actions in U.S. District Court. He was convicted in September of illegally owning six firearms, including the gun that his 15-year-old son, Jaylen, used in the 2014 school shooting.

A domestic violence protection order filed by Raymond Fryberg’s former partner in Tulalip Tribal Court should have kept him from owning a gun. But a record of the 2002 order never made it into any state or federal criminal databases used by firearms dealers conducting background checks during gun purchases.

FAMILIES OF WASHINGTON SCHOOL SHOOTING VICTIMS TO SUE

The case revealed flaws in the way federal authorities and tribal governments share information and led to 10 American Indian tribes gaining access to national criminal databases. The tribes, including the Tulalip tribes in Washington, can now conduct thorough background checks and add criminal records to the databases.

Prosecutors say Fryberg lied on a form he filled out when he bought the guns to hide the restraining order. His lawyers said he didn’t know he was prohibited from having firearms, and they sought probation as punishment.

[…]

Fryberg acquired nine firearms between November 2012 and July 2014, prosecutors say.

He bought a Beretta pistol on Jan. 11, 2013, from a gun shop on the reservation, according to a criminal complaint. He answered “no” on the federal firearms purchasing form when asked if he was the subject of a restraining order that prohibits him from “harassing, stalking or threatening your child or an intimate partner,” the complaint said.

Fryberg’s lawyer, John Henry Browne, said “there was never an order prohibiting him from owning or even purchasing firearms” from the tribal court. The issue in court will be whether he lied on the federal purchasing form, Browne said.

[…]

Five families of the teens shot at the school filed a $110 million lawsuit Frida
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-dad-2-years-gun-possession-article-1.2493102

Latest posts

Back