• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

I see nothing wrong with these for adults, Ill be going to look for these actually for xmas gift

• Yes for adults

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No shouldnt be sold at all

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Whisper

#byefelicia
I see nothing wrong with these as collectables for adults and no reason the store shouldnt sell them
1e5q8h.jpg

'I was very shocked and appalled,' Susan Schrivjer told about stumbling across the figures
2i9jv4k.jpg
Breaking Bad's place among the greatest television dramas of all-time is secure. Its place among the action figures at Toys 'R Us[...]
A Florida mother is campaigning to have the show's action figures pulled from the store's racks and Web site saying its adult themes and depiction of violence and drug abuse aren't suitable for children.

'I was very shocked and appalled,' Susan Schrivjer told
[...]
about stumbling across the figures.
For the tragically ignorant: The show follows the transformation of mild-mannered high school chemistry teacher Walter White in ruthless drug kingpin Heisenberg when a diagnosis of terminal cancer forces him to cook meth as a means to leave money behind for his family.
[...]
White and his business partner, Jesse Pinkman, have action figure versions completed with gas masks, a duffel bag of cash, and a toy bag of crystal meth.
'Anything to do with drugs is not doing the right thing,' Schrivjer told
[....]
'I just think that they need to look at their visions and values, as they call them.'

She has since put a petition up to remove the figures at Change.org, garnering more than 1,500 signatures.

In response, Toys 'R Us told
[...]
that 'the product packaging clearly notes that the items are intended for ages 15 and up.'

Also, the toys 'are located in the adult action figure area of our stores.'

I have no problem with them selling them but I guess they shouldn't be along side of the Barbies and GI Joes (if someone hasn't had him banned already because he glorifies violence too) but in asection geared toward older teens and above. Not that I think that children are shielded from the reality of drugs and violence but I just feel like there isn't anything left that is sacred, such as a nieve child's innocence, and I feel that our humanity has suffered because of that.

Don't put them with the Barbie or Elmo or whatever but Toys R' Us should be able to have them on the shelves. FFS they sell video games that are rated M for Mature so why couldn't they have collectible figures that are marketed for teens and adults. It's no different.

And if you're offended by it then, wait for it... DON'T FUCKING BUY IT!

:hilarious::crack::smuggrin:
Sorry I just can't help but laugh!!! AHAHAHA

Ok FINE!
It probably shouldn't be sold where children can really see it. Maybe a "behind the counter" thing.
But if it is meant for ages 15 and up then whatever.

I have a horrible time with meth being glorified by the t.v. show and I don't think these should be in a toy store.

All that being said, I also know its not my place to control what the rest of the world does. My only control in this is to not buy these dolls.

LMFAO!!! This is the greatest thing I have ever read, ever. I want one sooooo bad.

Also, being that they are not next to barbie and toys marketed to children, I think it's fine Toys R Us sells them.

They are in a seprate aisle from "kids" things - here is an idea, don't walk your child up that aisle. Not only that, look at what they look like - its not like a kid can tell Hey that's a bag of meth!!! I want that!!

one of the actors from the show tweeted something along the lines of "I'm so mad I'm burning all my Florida mom action figures in protest." I thought that was great!

Funny side note, my son likes to play with action figures etc and he isn't very picky about them. last Christmas my mom saw figures on sale really cheap so grabbed a couple - well 1 ended up being Machete (as in Danny Trejo action figure, complete with hand that comes off and a bloody machete) she realized as she was getting ready to wrap it and had me come check it out before giving it to him. I told her it was fine and she could give it to him BUT i told her I wanted it... so I now have Danny Trejo on my desk at work :)

I support the sale as long as they include the step by step instructions to cook meth.
Since Mommy and Daddy support the store, they'll need all the help they can get.
Maybe a little meth lab, sold separately of course.

LMFAO!!! This is the greatest thing I have ever read, ever. I want one sooooo bad.

Also, being that they are not next to barbie and toys marketed to children, I think it's fine Toys R Us sells them.
well, maybe Biker Barbie and Trailer Trash Barbie but those were OOAK and I think Mattel tried to sue the guy: I thought they were hysterical

I support the sale as long as they include the step by step instructions to cook meth.
Since Mommy and Daddy support the store, they'll need all the help they can get.
Maybe a little meth lab, sold separately of course.

oooh like an easy bake oven... my first meth lab, it can be sold with the science kits n shit!!! YES!!!

Obviously these figures don't need to be right next to the toys, but as others have pointed out - these stores sell 18 rated xbox etc games , so what's the problem here. They really belong in a collectable model aisle or store but I think starting an actual petition was slightly OTT, there are far more damaging things in toys-r-us to society - like pushing the blond bimbo Barbie with her freakish figure as a role model. Now that's an abomination.

Back