• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Momzilla

Badass/PTA Mom
This was apparently a prank, pulled off by collegues of the plantiff at the surgical center where he was employed.
Was it in poor taste? Sure.
But to wait 2 years to file the suit & to claim 'emotional distress' that forced him to leave his job?
Well, to that I say:
il_570x_N_458519007_rwl7.jpg
;)

A groggy Delaware man roused from a colonoscopy exam only to find himself sporting a pair of pink women’s underwear.

Andrew Walls, 32, of Dover, has no idea how he ended up with the unmentionables, but suspects his colleagues, employees at the Delaware Surgery Center, had something to do with the 2012 prank while he was under anesthesia.

The medical practice where Walls worked is named in a civil lawsuit filed in New Castle County Superior Court seeking damages for intentional infliction of emotional distress,
[...]

“When the plaintiff initially presented for his colonoscopy he had not been wearing pink women’s underwear and at no time did the plaintiff voluntarily, knowingly or intentionally place the pink women’s underwear upon himself,” the lawsuit filed nearly two years after the incident reads.

The prank eventually led to Walls losing his job after staff at the surgery center dressed him up in the underwear, which is never described in documents, only to embarrass and harass him.

His colleagues “failed to maintain proper policies and procedures for the care of patients with respect to not engaging in extreme and outrageous conduct,”
[...]
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...y-exam-wearing-pink-panties-article-1.1975668

Did they also surgically remove the man's testicles while he was under?

Get over it jackass.

Last edited:
This wouldn't have been okay if he was a chick, so I think the lawsuit's valid, assuming it was actually related to him losing his job.

No, he has a claim. I'm sure the other guys joshed him about it at work until he couldn't take it anymore and had to leave. Yes, I think he's whiny and too sensitive, but some people are. Having your co-workers do this is not okay in any way. Funny, but not okay.

No, he has a claim. I'm sure the other guys joshed him about it at work until he couldn't take it anymore and had to leave. Yes, I think he's whiny and too sensitive, but some people are. Having your co-workers do this is not okay in any way. Funny, but not okay.
U don't think this kind of thing was fairly common between these coworkers? I guess I just don't c a prank of this caliber coming out of left field. But I c ur point about them teasing him about it.
It just had the hallmarks of a good ol' boy, messing with each other kinda thing to me.

I want to know exactly how much he is asking for. I could only find "unspecified damages".

I do see some merit to the case as far as lost wages but I don't see millions of dollars in damages being warranted.

U don't think this kind of thing was fairly common between these coworkers? I guess I just don't c a prank of this caliber coming out of left field. But I c ur point about them teasing him about it.
It just had the hallmarks of a good ol' boy, messing with each other kinda thing to me.
If they continued to tease him to the point that he felt harassed and that he had to quit his job, then no, I don't think it was just a prank. A prank is funny when you pull it on friends or close coworkers that can tolerate being the butt of a joke for the sake of a group laugh - when you target a coworker who wants no part of such shenanigans, it's just plain harassment, and nothing amusing about it.

If they had strapped a dildo onto a female coworker while she was unconscious - especially if she were butch or openly gay, or at least non-conforming to standards of female beauty - and then continued to joke about it long afterwards, despite cues from her it wasn't funny, to the point she had to quit her job, I doubt anyone would be complaining that she took two years to work up the nerve and stand up for herself. The fact that some would write this off as an over-sensitive whiner who needs to "get over it" just highlights the continuing sexist double standards we hold people of different genders to.

It's especially offensive if he is gay, either openly or not, since men cross-dressing is a common (and largely untrue) stereotype about gay men.

Of course, it's also possible that he quit for unrelated reasons, and this old incident is just a convenient excuse to hit some pockets up for an easy payout. But I prefer to err on the side of not blaming the victim, or speculating about them with pure conjecture.

Without any indication from the article about how close he was to these coworkers before and after this happened, such speculation is probably largely worthless.

If they continued to tease him to the point that he felt harassed and that he had to quit his job, then no, I don't think it was just a prank. A prank is funny when you pull it on friends or close coworkers that can tolerate being the butt of a joke for the sake of a group laugh - when you target a coworker who wants no part of such shenanigans, it's just plain harassment, and nothing amusing about it.

If they had strapped a dildo onto a female coworker while she was unconscious - especially if she were butch or openly gay, or at least non-conforming to standards of female beauty - and then continued to joke about it long afterwards, despite cues from her it wasn't funny, to the point she had to quit her job, I doubt anyone would be complaining that she took two years to work up the nerve and stand up for herself. The fact that some would write this off as an over-sensitive whiner who needs to "get over it" just highlights the continuing sexist double standards we hold people of different genders to.

It's especially offensive if he is gay, either openly or not, since men cross-dressing is a common (and largely untrue) stereotype about gay men.

Of course, it's also possible that he quit for unrelated reasons, and this old incident is just a convenient excuse to hit some pockets up for an easy payout. But I prefer to err on the side of not blaming the victim, or speculating about them with pure conjecture.

Without any indication from the article about how close he was to these coworkers before and after this happened, such speculation is probably largely worthless.
Yikes! I hadn't even taken it in the direction of attempting to emasculate the man. I was basing my opinion on the usage of the word prank.
If that is the case then I would have to agree with ur points. However if he was also on the delivery end of many similar other pranks against others, I think it's a different story.
I do however agree that without further information it is difficult to decipher the friendships and the intentions behind this.

So touché, my friend.

Why the fuck would they put someone under for a colonoscopy? They're just inserting a tiny camera up your ass, big deal.

Why the fuck would they put someone under for a colonoscopy? They're just inserting a tiny camera up your ass, big deal
Because we all know that when someone says "im just gonna put it in a little" it is a fucking lie. The truth is...this is gonna fucking hurt.

Ask mr cb about colonscopy; he had one last month. He was unimpressed, to say the least. They put himunder with Milk of Amnesia; wound up having to insert the needle into a vein on the top of his FOOT! Needless to say, I've been ordered to have one too....yeah, I'll get right on that! when pigs fly out my ass and turn into bacon sammiches. The 3 day prep for the procedure was disgusting.

@carolinablue, I agree, it is disgusting, towards the end, before I even reported to the hospital I was having to camp out in the bathroom, just in case. Some folks have a low tolerance for that stuff they make you drink. It's funny but it's not.

Back