• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.examiner.com/article/mis...y-carter-vanishes-after-showing-arkansas-home
66cbc255d6172c08d4335d8e07a357b7.jpg

A 49-year-old Arkansas woman, who is a real estate agent, has been missing for three days now after she never returned from showing a house to a potential buyer on Thursday evening. Local law enforcement agents have asked that the residents in the area help by searching their farm and large plots of land for any clues to Beverly Carter’s whereabouts, according to ABC News on Sept. 28.
[....]
her husband said she never returned. He went to the house she was scheduled to show and found his wife’s car with her purse and wallet inside, but she was nowhere around.
[....]
the house was left wide open, which led him to believe that something is very wrong. The house Beverly was to meet this potential client at is located on Old River Road in Scott, Arkansas, according to First Coast News.
Her husband called the police once finding no sign of his wife at the scene where she left her car and belongings. Beverly was last seen wearing a black sleeveless top and red shorts.
[....]
Carl Carter received three text messages from his wife at about 1 a.m. on Friday, which sounded nothing like her at all. She is not a drinker, yet the text messages indicated she met some friends for drinks. Two text messages before that said her phone was low and she would call him when she got a signal. That was three days ago and nothing else has been heard from the wife and mother.

The three messages were back to back and out of Beverly’s character.
[....]
said of her coworker Beverly, “she’s kind of like the sunshine in our office.” She said that the real estate agents take safety very seriously and always tell someone where they are going and who they are meeting, which is something that Beverly always did.
[....]

So who was the person she was supposedly showing the house to?

There was a case very similar to this one some years ago in the UK where the female estate agent went to show a house to a man with a name like Kipper or Salmon or something equally fishy and never returned.

So who was the person she was supposedly showing the house to?

There was a case very similar to this one some years ago in the UK where the female estate agent went to show a house to a man with a name like Kipper or Salmon or something equally fishy and never returned.

Suzy Lamplugh. They never found her body or solved the case.

Huh. Her co-worker says that agents take their safety very seriously and always tell someone where they are and where they're going. But it sounds like she didn't in this case. And she left her purse and wallet in the car instead of keeping it with her, another thing that's not normal for women (I know).

My vote: She met someone she trusted. The husband did it.

Huh. Her co-worker says that agents take their safety very seriously and always tell someone where they are and where they're going. But it sounds like she didn't in this case. And she left her purse and wallet in the car instead of keeping it with her, another thing that's not normal for women (I know).

My vote: She met someone she trusted. The husband did it.

Yup i agree!

I am eager for more information here...

Is the house isolated? A killer could ask a real estate agent to an isolated location on purpose to try to keep witnesses from seeing him/his vehicle or anything out of the ordinary.

Is it possible that she was harmed inside the house or was it spotless?

I don't know why, but I want to wait before I call out the hubby on this one. I don't have a lot of hope that she will be found alive :(.

Huh. Her co-worker says that agents take their safety very seriously and always tell someone where they are and where they're going. But it sounds like she didn't in this case.

Well, they knew which house she was showing, and it sounds as though they have a named individual that she was showing it to, even if they have not told us which name that person was using. I suspect they've already found it was a made up name.

It will be interesting to see where her cell phone pinged - if she / someone else sent her Husband text messages , then the signal will let police know where in the area the calls came from.

We had a really awful notorious murder case here where the Uncle killed his 15 year old niece( Danielle Jones) and sent texts from her phone to his , pretending to be her and this was heavily used in the case even though they've never found her body .

Even though in this case the Husband himself says the texts were obviously suspicious , it could be a double bluff , seeing as he was the last one in that home . But the fake viewing thing holds its own too - I thought of Suzy Lamplugh too with this one . You just never know with these situations .

I don't think any of us held out any hope that she'd be found alive, but at least she has been found. :(

I read that he was transported to the hospital but left before being treated.

He looks like a predator, even minus the blood.

I believe that photo was taken by police when they were called out for the auto accident he said he had.

I need to see if I can find where I saw that.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/arkansas-realtor-beverly-carter-targeted-woman-worked/story?id=25860583

The man accused of kidnapping and killing Arkansas real estate agent Beverly Carter said today she was targeted because she was "a woman that worked alone."

Aaron Lewis, an ex-con, pleaded not guilty today charges of capital murder, robbery and kidnapping in connection with Carter's death. He is being held on $1 million bail.

Lewis, 33, admitted during police questioning to kidnapping Carter, 50, Pulaski County Sheriff's Lt. Carl Minden told ABC News. Lewis did not admit to the slaying and did not provide any details about Carter's whereabouts, Minden said.

When asked by reporters why Carter was targeted, Lewis responded: "Because she was just a woman that worked alone -- a rich broker," The Associated Press reported. He denied killing her.

He says he targeted her because she was rich and working alone? That would lead me to believe this was about robbery... if that is the case, why the hell did he leave her wallet and purse in her expensive car? This was about sexual assault, me thinks.

He says he targeted her because she was rich and working alone? That would lead me to believe this was about robbery... if that is the case, why the hell did he leave her wallet and purse in her expensive car? This was about sexual assault, me thinks.

I think he resented her for having money so in his twisted fucke dup head that was a good reason to rape her.

I know - it's gruesome! It's the same one as on the news report, it says something about him being in a car crash before being caught by police .I'm wondering if that was taken at the scene?
no it was taken after he had wrecked his car. They took him to hospital but because he wasn't under arrest at the time he was able to slip out before they had a warrant

She was a woman that worked alone — a rich broker': Man suspected of killing Arkansas real estate agent claims mystery ‘co-defendant’ murdered her for money
Pulaski County officers found Beverly Carter’s body early Tuesday. Aaron Lewis pleaded not guilty to capital murder charges — but said he considered pleading guilty because he wants “it all over.” He claimed he worked with an accomplice who might have killed her. Together, they targeted her because she was a woman alone and a ‘rich broker.’
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...sas-real-estate-agent-found-article-1.1957694

I immediately had flashbacks to DeBardeleben upon reading real estate agent. He was one sick fucker.

About the only "good" thing about this is she now reunited with the son that she lost to a car crash over a decade ago.
My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

I have a young friend who is a broker. She and her associates have all changed their FB profile pic to this.
10632810_10202908515217509_6266266355443551970_n.jpg

They're busy discussing how to prevent this from happening. Procedures are there but no everyone is following them. Maybe they will from now on though.

Unfortunately in my state (MD), concealed carry permits are damn near impossible to get. But that is exactly what realtors (also my profession) need to do. Legally or illegally - Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

WHOA......

10437458_10152436011677555_2645902212665458857_n.jpg

"The wife of Arron Lewis, Crystal Lowery, has just been arrested in connection with the murder of Beverly Carter. The arrest was the result of the continuing investigation in the case. The case is still ongoing. The warrants for this arrest are sealed as are the other warrants and reports regarding this incident."
[....]

When asked what kind of role authorities believe Lowery played in Carter's death, PCSO spokesman Lt. Carl Minden said the fact she was charged with the same capital murder and kidnapping chargers as her husband is evidence that authorities believe both parties to be equally involved.

[....]

UPDATE (10/31 9:30 a.m.):

Crystal Lowery appeared before a judge via video feed from the Pulaski County jail Friday morning. Lowery pleaded not guilty. The judge denied bond and set the pass to file date as January 5, 2015.

http://www.katv.com/story/27168627/...ing-charged-in-connection-with-realtors-death

Latest posts

Back