• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I've fallen in love with him again. It sucks because people know what he did and hate him and look down at me for staying with him but honestly, I've never been happier and that is not "battered woman's syndrome" talking.
I'm am generally one of the first to call out a woman for staying (it's a road I have walked down too many times) but by your posts it wasn't a daily thing, not that it makes it better but I guess what I'm trying to say is that it seems he became abusive due to drugs and not for the sake of being abusive, and yes there's a difference. I applaud YOUR strength to stay and make it work and seeing that the person that you grew to hate was a person consumed by drugs, demons and addiction and knowing that the person you fell in love with was still there just "hidden" so to speak for a time.

Wow, there are some heartbreaking and impressive stories here.

Personally I haven't been a victim of a crime. I spent a large part of my life in bed due to a debilitating illness, that's about the worst of it for me.

A friend of my father was attacked and almost killed by a guy who was psychotic and off his meds. One night he climbed into my dad's friend's yard, over barbed wire, and started to stab him and his wife. The cops were absolutely shocked when they came over, the scene was a bloodbath. They had never met before. Ever since then, I cannot deal with people with mental illnesses very well and I avoid them at all costs. Perhaps unfairly, but I can't help it.

My Moms good friend is the daughter of Charles Albright. The Texas serial killer known as the Eyeball killer. There was a documentary about him.
My Mom had known her friend for years before she shared that with her. I can't say that I blame her, If I was the daughter of a serial killer, I would not share that info freely.

My best friend was stabbed to death, she had a bf when she was a teenager and they met up again when she was a little older and started dating again, he was abusive and a dick.

I asked her one day why she didn't leave and she said they got back together when she was really heavy (at that point she had lost a lot of weight and was pretty thin) and he loved her when she was fat so she stayed. In that same conversation she told me she knew she was going to die and her mom would raise her kids, she did not want that to happen, she didn't like her mom. I blew it off and talked about something else.

A week later she dumped the abusive guy and we were all really happy, two weeks after that she met Dennis Rogers. he was younger than her but seemed ok.

A few short weeks later I was bartending and a guy came in and threw money on the counter and said "give me as much tequila as this will buy, I just killed my girlfriend", It was Dennis Rogers.

He killed her and came to my bar. We were all happy when she left the other guy and then she met the guy who killed her.

She adopted her nephew who was a crack baby and she had a little girl, and her mom is raising them.

I still forget sometimes she is dead, I will think I see her walking or driving and think "there is Toni".

My middle-aged cousin beat his elderly father to death with a hammer in his own home, then killed himself. They lived next door to each other. This was the affluent side of the family, nobody suspected anything was wrong and we still don't know why, except that it was mental illness and he skipped his meds.

Years ago, a guy I worked with was murdered by his son - the kid was about 15, shot and killed his mother and sister in the home, then waited for his dad to come home and shot him to death in the garage. It was so sad when someone called the office for him the next day, I was in tears transferring the call to HR for them to give the news. The kid/killer is still in prison (he's gotta be close to 50 now)

Oh, and when hubs and I were first together, a 'friend' of his stole money from him...a few months later the guy was found strangled, on his knees leaning over his bed with his hands tied behind his back (they printed the picture in the newspaper). It wasn't us! But we didn't shed a tear for him, he was a bad dude and got on the wrong side of someone badder than him.

Thank God I've never personally been a victim of a violent crime, I'm so sad to read all the stories of what you've all been through. Like minds gravitate to each other <3

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but I have read the whole thing and you guys are amazingly strong people !!!
When I was 16 my 18 yr old boyfriend used to hit me and stalked me for 6mnths after I got out. I got off easy compared to the girls whom came after me from what I hear. He got his own back when his latest girl friend put poison in his dinner last yr. He was found in a pool of his own vomit. He lived, she got off with a suspended sentence after a battered woman's defense.

When I was in highschool a stranger home invaded my friends home when she was alone beat her and lit her on fire . She lived , has undergone numerous surgeries and will forever wear her scars :(
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/the-...uy9-1225699976380story-e6freuy9-1225699976380

About two years ago a childhood friend was shot walking down the street. The person who shot her has not been found. She also survived.
http://m.theaustralian.com.au/news/...ack-in-blacktown/story-e6frg6n6-1226616936851

This ones raw, an old friend was stabbed in a freaking road rage altercation recently
http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/news...front-of-friends/story-fni0cx12-1227243149476

And another ex ( I pick em well :\)
Well... He kinda became a meth cookcook/ drug lord and hacked up his business partner.

http://m.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-...fnk-1227056414888story-fni0ffnk-1227056414888

I was close friends with this guy, he went to jail for the stuff in the link, got out , go raided and is currently on the run.

http://www.blacktownsun.com.au/story/241166/bikie-gang-member-charged-with-weapons-offences/
No I don't know where he is lol
As you can tell I lived in a fantastic part of western sydney *insert sarcasm here*

I've warned in other threads I've had a past hence I know some bad people.... I myself am pretty much boring and normal

@Anubis This AssHat's fucktardery happened on so many levels it was unreal. I think the small amount of time he got to be off work was just gravy. Honestly, I think there are some serious mental issues going on. Hope they have a good shrink in the big house. He is going to prison, it is just a question of how long.

He sent threatening emails and text to his coworkers. The dead brother in the coffin picture was my personal favorite, followed up with bomb threats (not one, not two, but several). We got to calling it bomb threat Tuesday.

Then he stole credit card data. I think this was purely opportunity based, but that is what tripped him up in the end.

He has now angered the Gods of Banking & Commerce, and you know how that bunch gets testy if someone steals from them.

Last edited:
Back