• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, she would spend most of her time feeling homesick, praying, trying to prove her innocence and babysitting the other inmates. If I were a CO, I would hire a Filipina nanny for CERTAIN INMATES only.
As a movie lover, I'd have to pass. Unless, of course, you're going to be producing for Lifetime or Oxygen or some shit. They may bite.

No, she would spend most of her time feeling homesick, praying, trying to prove her innocence and babysitting the other inmates. If I were a CO, I would hire a Filipina nanny for CERTAIN INMATES only.
Guess what, ur not a CO. They have tests for us. U fail! So shut the fuck up already.

I mean that with all my sincere heart. Obsess all u want. U don't know shit about prison, u don't like to hear reality vs ur HBO show, so for fuck's sake, if u won't throw urself into the mix by applying for a job, take ur Filipino obsession elsewhere. No one here gives a flying fuck.

Good day, sir, ma'am, it. Whatever u r.

Ahhh, he's having fantasies about his wife in a prison setting.
I'm telling you, this is one fucked up dude.

Anyone here an Alaskan crab fisherman? I am thinking of doing a movie about a transgender interested in the inner workings of the CO/pedo relationship starring Angelina Jolie as a crab fishing pedo ambassador interested in hiring a Filipina orphan to babysit sad people...anyone?

That's kind of fucked up. . . and maybe a CO isn't your best bet. You still have to kind of protect the inmates. Maybe a nice desk job for you.

If you think that is fucked up, then you must think that people that like to see horror movies are fucked up. Same with people that like to hear or tell war stories.

Do me a favor, go for it. I encourage u to apply.

Code of Ethics: Indifference to anyone's crime. Everyone is treated and respected the same. Ur ass would survive literally less than a week. Just hope ur fired before gen pop finds out what ur "preaching". A CO contains, we don't preach anything. That's between the inmate and the chaplain.

Not according to the CO's in Scandinavia.

Ok @Forensicwx
I ACTUALLY am interested in your line of work, I am a security guard but I am looking for something a bit.....MORE.

How are the C.O's treated there?
If you don't mind me asking what is the pay rates?
Also is being a corrections officer kind of like a contract job? Do you work for a company that is hired out to all different clients?
Does it get intense?
Have you ever been attacked?
AND, I am pretty freaking short but also pretty strong for my size, Would it be better to work for an all womens prison or a mens prison?
I actually have a lot of questions but didn't want to go over board lol

What is it with you and Filipinas? @chrisandsharonhoxha
Seruously, I am actually interested in the line of business and pursuing it.
You are trying to make a (never going to happen) "movie"

HA! Hey I'm short and thin....But I am Caucasian....BUT my personality is BIG! LOL
My sister-in-law is FILIPINO she is adorible

K, BUT...from "Greenland's Favorite Son's" Facebook page, he looks Caucasian to me. The Filipina on his page IS quite pretty. His sister? (Shrug) I don't know.

Ok @Forensicwx
I ACTUALLY am interested in your line of work, I am a security guard but I am looking for something a bit.....MORE.

How are the C.O's treated there?
If you don't mind me asking what is the pay rates?
Also is being a corrections officer kind of like a contract job? Do you work for a company that is hired out to all different clients?
Does it get intense?
Have you ever been attacked?
AND, I am pretty freaking short but also pretty strong for my size, Would it be better to work for an all womens prison or a mens prison?
I actually have a lot of questions but didn't want to go over board lol
I work in a state run prison so I work for the Dept of Corrections, so I'm a state employee. That gives me great benefits, but they pay is less than stellar. The more time you are in, the more rank u gain, it improves, especially if u make officer. If you are already in security, it can benefit you when the time comes. Also if u have any military experience or a college education.
As for your size, I'm 5'4 and 120 lbs. but I also have combat experience and a criminal justice degree, as well as an ego that's 6'6. ;) But u'll get self defense training, and learn how to manipulate the body of any person that attacks u, now matter how much bigger they are. U practice a lot, different types of attack scenarios, attempted rape scenarios, abduction or confinement scenarios, things like that. Most of the real threat to women in a male prison is psychological. I call it mind fucking. There's a lot of attempts for sympathy, wanting u to "help" them, anything to show other prisoners that u pay attention to that one person, that gives them seniority. Oh, and u'll c a lot of dicks. They'll look at u while doing it, say graphic things, attempt to throw it at u, etc.

Only ever been attacked once. That story in this thread was me. And I ended up with this:
15ey8ie.jpg

It was scary, but that was my only bad encounter. I enjoy it, I also enjoy being on high alert the entire time. But I'm also a skydiver, so I just enjoy that kinda stuff. For me it's a constant game, they plan and hide, I figure them out and find. :). I literally love cell searches. If that sounds like ur cup of tea, go for it!
As for male vs female, I don't know any officers in a female prison, so I'm not sure. Sorry.
Any other questions, or if I missed anything, feel free to ask!

ETA: states vary, but a CO1 here in MO starts around 22-25k I believe...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back