• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

n0longerinuse

giraffe_2.jpg

MADISON, Wis. —[...] a California woman was cited after climbing into the giraffe exhibit at a Madison zoo and getting kicked in the face.

[...] Amanda Hall, 24, of San Luis Obispo, California, climbed over one fence and almost got over the second fence of the giraffe enclosure at the Henry Vilas Zoo about 5:30 p.m. Saturday.

A 2-year-old, 12-foot-tall giraffe named Wally gave Hall a lick, then turned and kicked her in the face.

Zoo staff told police that giraffes are capable of killing lions, so the woman was fortunate that her injuries were not life-threatening.

Police ticketed Hall for harassment of zoo animals, which has a fine of $686.

The police report said Hall told officers she climbed into the exhibit because she loves giraffes.

Read more: http://www.wisn.com/news/woman-kicked-by-giraffe-at-madison-zoo/27564142#ixzz3AluXB41O

....and obviously they looooooove her, that giraffe was trying to kill her dead so he could have her for dinner, he loved her so good! People can be sooooooo stupid.

I like tigers,monkeys and other zoo creatures, but I would never think about entering their habitat. This giraffe was smarter than the woman.

Bummer. wish I was there to see it and have a good laugh
Wonder if she was going to hand feed the lion next

Honestly, that $700 fine isn't enough. She should be also be sentenced to community service mucking out cages for awhile.

Honestly, that $700 fine isn't enough. She should be also be sentenced to community service mucking out cages for awhile.
I would assume she's a UW student based on her age and location (UW gets a lot of Cali kids), so I hope that happens...

When did fucking common sense disappear? How many times do we hear about some fucking idiot climbing into a habitat that is DESIGNED to protect both humans and animals? Should have put a bullet in her, she will just drain our resources.

MADISON, Wis. —A woman who was kicked in the face by a giraffe in Madison is speaking out.

She said police have a lot of nerve giving her a ticket.

Police say a California woman was cited after climbing into the giraffe exhibit at a Madison zoo and getting kicked in the face.

Amanda Hall, 24, is from California.

She told the Los Angeles Times that she's going to fight a citation she received.

The incident happened over the weekend at the Vilas Zoo.

[...]

A giraffe named Wally first licked Hall but then kicked her in the face.

Police said they're standing by their decision to give Hall a ticket.

[...]

"Any time you cross a barrier, you cross a line. You're creating a situation where you can potentially harm the animal you say you care about," Vilas Zoo deputy director Jeff Halter said.

[...] "I got hit in the face by a giraffe. I don't need a fine and this on my record. I don't harass zoo animals. I'm an animal lover."

Read more: http://www.wisn.com/news/woman-kick...y-about-getting-ticket/27612844#ixzz3ArZpiKld

Those people are full on crazy pants. They seem to think that its their stuffies come to life!

Back