• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
jutx5g.jpg

Corey McQueary​
An inmate at a Kentucky detention facility is being charged with murder after another inmate died of a drug overdose allegedly caused by methadone-soaked underwear.

Corey D. McQueary, 33, was found dead last Thursday in his cell at the Jessamine County Detention Center
p[..]
where he was awaiting trial for manufacturing methamphetamine.
[...]
cause of death is under investigation, but Michael B. Jones, 55, has been charged with murder in relation to the death, as well as first-degree promoting contraband and possession of a controlled substance.

Jones was being held at the detention center on a charge of driving under the influence of intoxicants, but had been given the furlough to attend a funeral.

There has been speculation that Jones snuck in a pair of underwear that had been soaked in methadone. He allegedly shared pieces of the underwear with fellow inmates including McQueary
[...]
Kentucky State Trooper Robert Purdy would not comment on the underwear allegations.

"There are a lot of toxicology reports that have to be done," he told
[...]
of testing and investigation that needs to be done."

McQueary's mother, Serena, is shocked by his death and the news that he died from a drug overdose, which she found out not from investigators
[...]
"They said we wouldn't hear anything until the autopsy comes back and here it is on the news saying he overdosed?" she told
[...]
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/27/corey-d-mcqueary_n_5724868.html?utm_hp_ref=crime

A bizarre murder investigation is underway inside the Jessamine County Detention Center after an inmate reportedly died following an incident involving a pair of underwear soaked in methadone.

Deputies at the jail found 33-year-old Corey McQueary
[...]
nresponsive in his cell Wednesday night. He was taken to St. Joe Jessamine and later pronounced dead by the coroner.
[..]
investigation revealed that 55-year-old Michael Jones of Lexington had soaked a pair of underwear with methadone while he was out of jail on a court ordered furlough. He brought that back to the jail, allegedly shared it with his cell mates and Corey McQueary died as a result of it.

Jones is now charged with murder and other charges.
[...]
gathering details of this overdose death investigation.
http://www.lex18.com/news/officials-inmate-overdosed-on-methadone-soaked-underwear/

This is exactly why here, any inmate who's allowed out of jail to go to work and back (work release), and all those who've been ordered to spend X amt. of weekends only in jail are made mandatory single bunk housing. They're also put in a work-release only pod so they don't have access to Gen. Pop. b/c the contraband risk is so high. Methadone has a helleva half-life and you have to have a high narc tolerance to handle it. There's no way to measure a safe/correct dose out of a damned pair of underwear. Another drug death brought to you by Fruit of the Doom. Dumbass. Smh.

This is exactly why here, any inmate who's allowed out of jail to go to work and back (work release), and all those who've been ordered to spend X amt. of weekends only in jail are made mandatory single bunk housing. They're also put in a work-release only pod so they don't have access to Gen. Pop. b/c the contraband risk is so high. Methadone has a helleva half-life and you have to have a high narc tolerance to handle it. There's no way to measure a safe/correct dose out of a damned pair of underwear. Another drug death brought to you by Fruit of the Doom. Dumbass. Smh.
they stopped weekend sentences here last year because they were expected to bring drugs back in with them at the end of the weekend and when they didnt they were beaten
huge thing last year here

I am really disappointed that they passed out underwear shreds to get high. I was hoping someone soaked his underwear in methadone in a diabolical murder plot.

I don't think there's any drug or high out there that would be worth me ingesting the crusty ass tighty whites of an old man.

I would hate to be this guys mother and have to spend the rest of my life thinking, "of all the fucking things I worried about, predators, accidents, cleaning products, babysitters, recalls on toys and food....my kid eats underwear and dies". I would slap him in the casket.

they stopped weekend sentences here last year because they were expected to bring drugs back in with them at the end of the weekend and when they didnt they were beaten
huge thing last year here

Holy shit. I knew parts of the Big D. were a hub for the real OG's, but bad enough to change the judiciary? Wow, that takes an Act of God (or lack thereof). That is a big deal. Too bad the criminal element hasn't figured out they're only making it worse on themselves in the long run. Then again, the men/women doing the beat downs aren't likely getting out anytime soon, so what do they care. :-/

Does anyone know if he was on MMT (methadone maintenance treatment) before he was arrested? Just curious about whether he was so desperate to avoid withdrawal symptoms that he ate another man's underwear, or was he so desperate for a fix that he ate another man's underwear....

Fruit of the Doom.....ha ha ha...happy ...laughing....just spilled my coffee on my new jeans and I don't care.

Holy shit. I knew parts of the Big D. were a hub for the real OG's, but bad enough to change the judiciary? Wow, that takes an Act of God (or lack thereof). That is a big deal. Too bad the criminal element hasn't figured out they're only making it worse on themselves in the long run. Then again, the men/women doing the beat downs aren't likely getting out anytime soon, so what do they care. :-/
not sure how it works in states but here they had the weekend sentences for stupid things
but here in jail you can only be kept up to 2 years and longer of a sentence its prison
so alot of our judges pass out sentence of " 2 years less a day"
that way the guys/ gals can be kept in the city jail

not sure how it works in states but here they had the weekend sentences for stupid things
but here in jail you can only be kept up to 2 years and longer of a sentence its prison

In Ca a jail sentence is limited to 1 year. The trend for minor crimes is house arrest to be served during non work hours.

Where is 'here'? - can't view your profile. Major overcrowding in Ca and lots of shens involving lowering sentences to less than a year to put the strain on locals instead of state prisons. Never heard of house arrest, the gps ankle bracelet thingies?

Ontario Canada
closest prison is about 400 miles away from me
well closest Canadian prison there are the ones in Michigan that are close to me
Jackson prison is outside of Detr and couple others

Last edited:

Ah, ok. I see the difference now (besides the whole you're in CA. thing, lol *facepalm*). KS & MO are both one year max. county time, too. B/c our crime rate shot sky high in the 90's & the overflow was an avg. of 11,000/mo., our county shut down the city jail and built a new one to house everyone instead of having two. All the arrestees from the PD and the Sheriff's Dept. go to the same place to be processed, and if they have to be housed more than 48 hrs on a felony hold. Putting ppl on House Arrest with a GPS tracker in an ankle bracelet is a popular trend here, too, especially for DUI's. Unless someone is a felony DUI resulting in personal or prop. damage, you're basically sentenced to your house/apt. w/strict regs. Most def. the same on w/e sentencing being for stupid things. A lot of it's just a taxpayer drain to keep our local politicians fat and sassy.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back