• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
zvddet.jpg

Too real?: This baby doll has an anatomically correct penis and it has some parents outraged
2whp4du.jpg
The original: The original doll to wet itself like a real baby is Besty Wetsy invented in 1935
Baby dolls have long been peeing 'like a real baby' since the 1930's but Toys "R" Us is now selling a doll with a realistic looking penis--and it's upsetting some shoppers who think it's 'unnecessary.'
[...]
toy is made by the company You & Me Change My Diaper Doll collection at Toys "R" US and it not only cries when it's wet, it pees from an anatomically correct penis.
[..]
some parents are outraged and think that the toy should at least come with a 'warning' label.
Others think that the doll's anatomy could be a learning experience for children and doesn't need to be perceived as sexual.

Monica Beyer, a writer at SheKnows.com, thinks the doll is an appropriate toy
[...]
'How on earth is it inappropriate for a child to see a naked baby? What about a baby makes a penis or a vulva dirty or sexual?'
[...]
'The truth is, when a child points out the body part that she doesn't have, all a parent is required to do is call it by its name,
[...]
She goes on to talk about how 'body shame' starts early and needs to be 'stopped early.'

'The bottom line is that, while you may not choose to give your child an anatomically correct baby doll, parents should have the option. The doll isn't harmful,'
[...]
Peeing dolls have been around since the 1930s when Betsy Wetsy was invented by the Ideal Toy Company of New York.
While she may not have what is considered 'a vagina' she had a whole from which liquids pour out.
[..]
first anatomically correct male doll was actually created in 1976 and is the Archie's Bunker's Grandson Joey Stivic doll which is still available for purchase on EBay.
[...]
spoke to Dr. Logan Levkoff who suggested that having a doll with a penis might be helpful rather than harmful.

What's harmful is banning the word penis because then children might not know how to tell their parents a body part hurts.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...anatomically-correct-penis.html#ixzz391R3iSsO

I had a anatomically correct doll in like, 1986. It didn't pee though. But my little sister colored on his penis.

This is so stupid, we teach our kids about body parts (I hope!) and what comes out of them (I hope!)...so who cares!??

Who wants to buy me one of those. My boys could have baby boys of their own. I really think that a boy having a baby doll would be a good way to teach them to nurture, early on, without risking them hurting (dropping) a real baby.

Here's a brilliant idea, if your child having an anatomically correct doll makes you uncomfortable then DON"T BUY IT!

I personally find Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus to be horrifically inappropriate for my children so as a result anythign to do with those to assclowns doens't come in my house, look, problem solved.

Parents are "Pissed". I see what you did there :)

This is exactly where body shaming is born. By our society here in America trying to censor or hide our body parts. Just because you take them off of a doll and replace it with some unnatural display of nothing there at all, it doesn't make it disappear. Your kid has one. Why is it so unspeakable that the doll does?

Smfh

God forbid a doll that pees has genitalia.

In all seriousness, the complaints are asinine. Nobody's forcing them to buy the toy.

I don't understand why people think this is such a horrible thing. I mean, dolls have heads, right? Arms, legs, fingers, toes, etc. Those are all body parts the same as genitalia. Why are people so scared of nature?

Barbie dolls have breasts. . . .
No one's in a fit about that. . .

ETA: Is that an uncirced anatomically correct penis?

Havent they had (sorta) anatomically correct girl dolls that pissed all over the God damn place when my kids played with them forever?

I'm getting my boys that doll. :devil: I know they're gonna make it pee on each other :rolleyes:

That's funny, but beware. That sort of thing could lay the foundations for dubious fetishes in later life, lol. By the time they become sexually aware they could be seeking out videos with titles like "Wet Weekend in Budapest" or shit like that......if you catch my drift. :crack:

That's funny, but beware. That sort of thing could lay the foundations for dubious fetishes in later life, lol. By the time they become sexually aware they could be seeking out videos with titles like "Wet Weekend in Budapest" or shit like that......if you catch my drift. :crack:
Not really. Lol. My brothers played with the doll that ate food and with my Cabbage Patch dolls and so far they don't have food fetishes. :p

Back