• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

PerfectChaos

QueenGEEK
JamieLykins-thumb-250xauto-403-thumb-250xauto-7551-thumb-250xauto-1378-thumb-250xauto-1786_zps227d8bc4.jpeg
caseycain-thumb-250xauto-754-thumb-250xauto-1377-thumb-250xauto-1785_zps85558326.jpg
Jamie(Left) Casey(Right)

24-year-old Jamie Lykins of Salem was sentenced by Judge Larry Medlock to serve 50 years for battery and 40 years for neglect in the death 8-month old Leelan Crain.
[...]
Lykins entered a blind guilty plea to the crime in May.
[...]
The baby's mother, Casey Crain of Salem, is also facing a felony charge of neglect of a dependent resulting in death.

Pathologist and Kentucky Medical Examiner Jeffrey Springer testified and showed photos of the baby's injuries.
[...]
The photos showed visible bruises on the ears, head and face, along with abrasions and scrapes along the jawline. There were more abrasions and bruising on the throat and chest, along with scratches on his scalp and more scratches on his right shoulder blade - all the result of being struck.

Along with the external injuries, there was also bleeding on the brain. Surgery was performed to try and save Leelan, but he died at the hospital.

Springer testified that Leelan suffered at least 12 impacts to the head area and at least seven to the torso.

Along with injuries to the head and upper torso, Springer showed injuries around Leelan's genitals, some of which he said could possibly be attributed to diaper rash, but some Springer appeared to be deliberate. They was a laceration of the anus from some sort of trauma.
[...]
Lykins had been living with Crain since Leelan was a month old and told police he thought of the baby as his own son.

Crain told police Lykins was angry that Leelan was crying. She told police she attempted to intervene as Lykins took Leelan into the bedroom to put him down for a nap, but he told her he would take care of it. She told police Lykins turned the radio up very high in the room, but she could still hear her son crying continuously for 45 minutes before the room went silent. Later, she went in to check on him and found Leelan severely bruised, not breathing properly and only semiconscious.

Police interviewed two friends of the couple who had arrived at the house later to go fishing. Micheel Livingston told police she noticed immediately Leelan needed medical attention, but Lykins didn't want to take the child to the hospital because police and child services would be called. Livingston and Gregory Lee finally talked Lykins into taking the infant to the hospital.

Dawn Walker, who was supposed to be babysitting Leelan that night, told police that when she arrived at the house around 7 p.m., Lykins looked at her and told her, "We have a problem. I beat the f--- out of baby LeeLee."

Lykins told police a different story: he claimed that after his girlfriend put the baby down to sleep, he and Crain were watching television when they heard a loud thud. He told police they went into the bedroom and found Leelan on the floor with the injuries.

http://www.wbiw.com/local/archive/2014/07/lykins-sentenced-to-for-death-of-baby.php

lykinsmurder-thumb-250xauto-1787_zpsffa5271c.jpg

I hope somebody beats the fuck outta this worthless lowlife piece of no good shit. Unfuckingbelievable.
FUCK THAT WORTHLESS SLUT SPERM INCUBATOR! How the fuck she sat there and listened to that baby scream and cry and not do shit is beyond me. If I sound like I am getting frustrated with my son or daughter my husband gets his ass up and helps me out. He'd never hear me losing my shit and just not do anything. Is this bitch brain dead?

How can you sit there for 45 FUCKING MINUTES and listen to your baby cry behind a closed door with the music turned up? This shit is like a horror movie, I can't make sense of this! I hope he gets his asshole torn to shreds in jail

Glad they still felt the need to get a babysitter. Probably wanted to go out with their friends....Priorities! I hate that the moms in these situations try to act innocent when they damn well know what they need to do!

I hope somebody beats the fuck outta this worthless lowlife piece of no good shit. Unfuckingbelievable.
FUCK THAT WORTHLESS SLUT SPERM INCUBATOR! How the fuck she sat there and listened to that baby scream and cry and not do shit is beyond me. If I sound like I am getting frustrated with my son or daughter my husband gets his ass up and helps me out. He'd never hear me losing my shit and just not do anything. Is this bitch brain dead?

Yep! That pretty well sums it up for me, too.

45 minutes. She sat there and let him do god knows what to that poor babies body and listened to it for nearly an hour.

This truly hurts my mind and heart to think of that length of time and how this boy suffered.

She was Leelans only hope and she might as well have killed him herself.

And how accepting and normal was this situation for a grown man to tell someone he ' beat the fuck' out of a little baby .

These two are as guilty as each other. SICK .

I just read the news report about people asking for mercy for the killer and his Mother saying he had a 'heart of gold' and would never have done it if he was sober.

WHAT. THE. ACTUAL.FUCK.
Where do these people come from - they show more kindness and mercy to killers and never mention the babies when they are talking about families crimes - A normal person wouldn't abuse a baby like this just because of drugs or drink, he is a stone cold bastard and the pleas for mercy and his stupid Mothers statement just make me feel rage up to my eyeballs.

Last edited:
Lykins had been living with Crain since Leelan was a month old and told police he thought of the baby as his own son.

They was a laceration of the anus from some sort of trauma.

Sure hate to imagine what would have happened if he had of him as a step-son.

WTF. Fuck this woman too... I tried to let my daughter "cry it out" one time, fuck that shit - I never made it past 10 mins. And I knew she was just crying from being alone, I can't imagine knowing someone was beating your baby and just sitting by.

I swear I posted this already, but... my theory is that mom knew if she intervened, she'd be the one getting the beating, so... better the baby than her, at least in her mind.

And this photo breaks my heart, let alone what the jury must have seen:

ldpgSzl.jpg

And because the neighbour in it pisses me off, here's a article from just after the baby died:

Neighbors tell WDRB News the couple's reaction after the alleged accident struck them as suspicious and that their story didn't seem to add up. Another neighbor said she had suspected abuse before.

"She was sitting on the porch and she had a smile on her face, and I was like, your baby's in the hospital," said neighbor Nicole Moore.
[...]

Casey Crain's Facebook page shows a recent picture of the mother, her son, and her new boyfriend. The same picture shows bumps and bruising on the baby's head.

Moore says, "A month to what happened now, the baby had a bruise around his face, its eye, and she said it was trying to get out of a swing."

She continued, "I heard them slamming doors, yelling, throwing stuff. When the baby cries they'll turn up the music really loud."

Well way to go, Nicole. I really hope you were this talkative to authorities before this baby died. And "it" is a baby, a male baby, call him a he, FFS.

she said it was trying to get out of a swing."
HE was an 8 month old baby. How in the fuck do you expect anyone with half a functioning brain to believe that an 8 month old baby was getting out of a swing and did that to himself? Especially when you factor in that the bruises are at least two different colors so done at two separate times?

Kill the cunt along with her dick dujour.

That picture breaks my heart. She looks drugged out of her mind and that baby looks VERY abused. Another case of why the fuck didn't someone say something before the baby died. And not just the idiot neighbor, but maybe friends of the couple. I just don't get it. If I saw anyone, including my closest friends or family, abusing a baby I would call 911 so fast, they wouldn't even have a chance to try and explain it away.

Look at his poor little face - as pointed out before by @Krystal those bruises are different colours so done at different times. Now look at the size of the babies hands compared to that monsters hand who has his arm around him.

KILL BOTH THOSE PEOPLE NOW.

After seeing mom's picture with her bruised baby I am sure that bitch is brain dead. Not only becoz she looks half in a coma but becoz that fucker is still standing up breathing with her baby looking like that. I would have fucked him up but thats just me and my motherly instincts.
Also to whoever is taking the picture you're an idiot for buying whatever excuse they gave you about what happened to the baby. You know you asked. I would have. And if it was the trying to get out of the swing story well you're just as brain dead as this bitch.

My 3 year old's name is Leland... And we call him Lee-Lee. I'm just sick over this one. Look at his head in that picture...

Rest in peace, Lee-Lee. They can't hurt you anymore...

I'd like to beat that smug smiles off both their faces in that ridiculous picture-- how do you pose for a fake ass family portrait with your poor babies face bruised & beaten-- just goes to show that for these selfish monsters, it was all about THEM- not that precious baby boy!

I'm an emotional person by nature, but this one is really hurting my heart. My baby girl is just a month older than Leelan was when his life was taken by this monster. I've always thought that a baby is about the closest thing to human perfection we will ever know, so happy and innocent, loving almost to a fault at times. No matter how many times his "daddy" had hurt him before, I'm sure Leelan forgave him and even loved him. That's the hardest part of stories like this; Knowing that in his last moments of consciousness he still loved the very person who was beating him to death :(

Side note: not defending anyone, just pointing out that it is possible that the bruise in the middle of his forehead is actually a stork bite. My littlest was born with one and it gets really red like that when she is mad or upset. It does look like a bruise when that happens and it would kill me to think that anyone suspected it was caused by abuse.

I thought of the "stork bite" too, but that wouldn't explain the blue bruise above his eye...

ETA: the "stork bite" is not at all present in the first pic/post in this thread.

[QUOTEp

Side note: not defending anyone, just pointing out that it is possible that the bruise in the middle of his forehead is actually a stork bite. My littlest was born with one and it gets really red like that when she is mad or upset. It does look like a bruise when that happens and it would kill me to think that anyone suspected it was caused by abuse.[/QUOTE]
My baby girls has that has well. Though my pediatrician referred to it has an Angel's kiss. :)

Last edited:
I thought of the "stork bite" too, but that wouldn't explain the blue bruise above his eye...

ETA: the "stork bite" is not at all present in the first pic/post in this thread.

I know :( that other forehead bruise looks awful. I just wanted to mention the stork bite thing because I had never heard of it before I had a baby with one. I can just picture people seeing a kid with what looks like a giant bruise on their face and suspect abuse when it's really just a birthmark of sorts :)

I never knew it was called a stork bite. My son was born with one as well and it was just very interesting to see. Its not noticeable anymore but it was cute when he was a baby.

lykins murder-thumb-250xauto-1787.jpg

The Penis appealed his sentence which was denied. He argued that his sentence was unjust and that his character as well as his responsibility to his two children should have been considered at sentencing. His appeal was denied
COURT OF APPEALS OF INDIANA February 13, 2015

Case Summary

Lykins pled guilty to battery resulting in death and neglect of a dependent resulting in death, both Class A felonies. Lykins was sentenced to fifty years for the battery conviction and forty years for the neglect conviction, both to be fully executed and to run concurrently, for an aggregate term of fifty years. Lykins contends that the trial court abused its discretion by considering improper aggravating factors and failing to consider certain mitigating factors. Lykins also argues that his sentence is inappropriate in light of the nature of the offense and his character.
We affirm.

History

Around 5:00 p.m., Lykins brought L.C. into the bedroom to put him down for a nap, closed the bedroom door, and turned on the radio to a high volume. Lykins then physically assaulted the child for approximately forty-five minutes until L.C. stopped crying and became unresponsive. The forensic pathologist identified signs of at least twelve separate impacts on L.C.’s head and seven impacts on the child’s torso and genitals. The pathologist’s official report listed twenty-nine separate injuries, twenty of which were to the head.
https://cases.justia.com/indiana/court-of-appeals/2015-88a04-1408-cr-387.pdf?ts=1423843590

Back