• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
9krmf6.jpg

Prosecutors charged Dennis J. Matthews, 24, and Rebecca Ann Palmer Matthews, 23, with felony child abuse after their daughter died inside her home.​
, MO (KCTV) -
A Richmond couple has been charged after allegedly beating their 3-week-old child to death.

Prosecutors charged Dennis J. Matthews, 24, and Rebecca Ann Palmer Matthews, 23, with felony child abuse after their daughter, Aprhil Diane Berrrniece Matthews, died inside her home.

Authorities were called Aug. 18 to their home on Southview Drive after Aprhil stopped breathing.

An autopsy showed that the infant's death was caused by blunt force trauma to the chest and stomach with internal bleeding. She also suffered various internal injuries to her body and had fractured ribs in various states of healing. Aprhil was buried in Richmond Memory Gardens.

After an extensive two-month investigation conducted by Richmond Police Department and the State Technical Assistance Team from the Missouri Department of Social Services, the couple was arrested. They are accused of inflicting "cruel and inhuman punishment" on their daughter.

Both remain in custody and in the Ray County Jail on a $500,000 cash-only bond.

Aprhil was born July 29. She was three weeks premature. She is survived by two sisters and two brothers.

Memorials can be made to the Christian Fellowship Ministries Church in Richmond.

According to a probable cause statement, Aprhil was put to bed by her mother at 10:30 p.m. Aug. 17 and was found dead in her crib at 9:51 a.m. the next morning. She had been dead for some time, Richmond police Chief Chad Burnine said Tuesday afternoon.

An autopsy revealed that her ribs had been broken at least twice and were in various states of healing when she died. This indicates she had been injured in her short life before the wounds that the medical examiner considered to have killed her.

Both parents denied causing any harm to their daughter when interviewed by authorities, and they did not know how she would have suffered in the internal injuries.

Court documents state that Dennis Matthews claimed the couple's 4-year-old child climbed into Aprhil's crib and fell on her. Dennis Matthews allegedly claimed the injuries were from the toddler squashing the baby.

The couple also said their 2-year-old child picked up Aprhil from her bassinet and dropped her, breaking her ribs, according to court documents. The couple initially didn't seek medical treatment, allegedly fearing they would lose custody of their other children.

According to court records, Rebecca Matthews took the baby in August to the doctor for a routine checkup but did not mention any injuries or breathing difficulties. The baby reportedly passed the checkup leading to Dennis Matthews to conclude, "We are in the clear," court records state.

If convicted of felony child abuse, the couple could face 10 years to life in prison.

[...]
Her godmother said Aprhil was a good baby who seldom cried despite being a preemie. In a Facebook post, she described the anger and rage she's been struggling with along with sadness and a multitude of tears.

"Struggling with questions that have no answers," she wrote. "I pray, speak scripture, sing to God, but subconsciously I battle. This is a new level of grief for me and it's not just me that is suffering. There are many struggling with the situation we have found ourselves in. Your continued prayers are appreciated."

Burnine knows some will wonder why charges weren't filed sooner, but he said the investigation took some time because of the nature of the case.

"It was a very extensive investigation. By the time we got the autopsy results back and got everyone's statements, we finally felt we had enough to charge the parents with the death of the child," he said.
http://www.kctv5.com/story/19893026...ed-in-death-of-3-week-old-daughter?hpt=ju_bn5

2vrxv1f.jpg
Aprhil Matthews​

2vrxv1f.jpg
Aprhil Matthews​

What has to be broken in you that you would look at this sweet child and decide to beat her? Not one person but 2 different mother fuckers. I bet she was beaten further because her cries were now of pain. She should be bonding with her mommy and instead she was the cause of hate in her parents eyes.

This is evil no other way to explain. That baby would have loved to have been cuddled, cherished and cared for even after being beaten like she was. Fucking animals

Last edited:
She looked like him.

He killed himself.

Too bad he didn't commit suicide before killing her.

I hope the momster gets a blue waffle and loses all her female reproduction organs including the outside ones so she never gets to bring another life into this world and also never gets to have the pleasure of the baby making progress. That or that she becomes a talking head (quadraplegic).

Not that it matters but who decided "April" needed an H?

I guess when all else fails blame the kids. Fucking douchehats! Its a baby not your own personal punching bag. Both of them are evil and should be eradicated,

Not that it matters but who decided "April" needed an H?

I guess when all else fails blame the kids. Fucking douchehats! Its a baby not your own personal punching bag. Both of them are evil and should be eradicated,

You only wondered about the "h" in April? I'm wondering why her middle name of Berniece needed three fucking r's.

And the only reason I am focusing on the fucked up spellings of this precious baby's name is because if I have to focus too much on the POS wastes of flesh she was born to and what they did to her, I will either 1) break down crying and not be able to stop or 2) start ripping and tearing anything in sight while ferally screaming at the top of my lungs.

Shit, I can't see through my tears...

You only wondered about the "h" in April? I'm wondering why her middle name of Berniece needed three fucking r's.

And the only reason I am focusing on the fucked up spellings of this precious baby's name is because if I have to focus too much on the POS wastes of flesh she was born to and what they did to her, I will either 1) break down crying and not be able to stop or 2) start ripping and tearing anything in sight while ferally screaming at the top of my lungs.

Shit, I can't see through my tears...

Im thinking whoever wrote the article had the shakes from either boozing it up the night before
or just plain couldnt spell or the parents couldnt spell

Prosecutors charged Dennis J. Matthews, 24, and Rebecca Ann Palmer Matthews, 23, with felony child abuse after their daughter, Aprhil Diane Berrrniece Matthews, died inside her home.
Look, just because you two illiterate fucks butchered her names' spelling on the birth certificate is no reason to go killing her. You can legally change her name, morons.

She was three weeks premature. She is survived by two sisters and two brothers.
What business did these two flesh bags have conceiving another child (their fifth) if they don't have the time or love to give that child?

Great going, blaming it on the other children.

And can't help but notice that she was killed when she should have been born.

The obit. Her name really is spelled as it is in the articles.
Aprhil Diane Berrrniece Matthews

cannot believe they listed the putrid fucks as her parents.

An autopsy showed that the infant's death was caused by blunt force trauma to the chest and stomach with internal bleeding. She also suffered various internal injuries to her body and had fractured ribs in various states of healing.
They deserve the same as they gave and then some.

I've avoided these threads for sometime, a break from the horror of horrors that happen in real life. Breaks my heart a thousand times over. Only way to feel some sense of justice for Aprhil is to see her murders suffer a long, lonely, miserable pathetic life in the dark in 8x8.....or, just drop them in a dark, deep well after they get the life beat out of them. just calling it the way it should be.

These people never deserved one child much less 5. Now Aprhil lies dead as they live and breath the air we all breath. ain't right.

Rest in peace baby girl, precious child Aprhil Diane Berrrniece Matthews.
May the angels comfort and sooth your cries give you the love you always deserved.

Last edited:
Three weeks? She was only here for three weeks, and went through so much undue suffering? I look back on the newborn days, and those were my favorite. When all my boys wanted was to be fed, kept clean, and snuggled all day. And they smelled so good. Now, they're so big and independent and busy. I'd give anything to have those days back.

RIP, little one.

Aprhil was born July 29. She was three weeks premature. She is survived by two sisters and two brothers.

Did these two not have any idea how to use birth control (even if it was just rhythm method, which is okay by the Catholic Church)? Did they not have any hobbies besides playing "penis goes where?"

OK, so what happened? She was released from the hospital after birth to go home to a life of a living total hell. How anyone can look at that sweet little face and do this is just beyond me. It reminds me of the Baby Brianna case.

There is no punishment that would be sufficient enough to pay for what they've done.

You don't want the baby, drop it at a safe site. Better yet, keep your legs together or educate yourself on the words BIRTH CONTROL. Oh yeah, you can really, really, really hate people you have never met.

I don't get it. Simply don't get it. How do you inflict any harm on a baby so small. I mean what could a newborn possibly do to warrant that kind of hate and anger. I mean I have toddlers that test my limits to the max and can drive me bat shit crazy and I don't beat them, I won't hit my children in anger or frusteration. I just cannot see what in the Hell a newborn could do to push a person over the edge. It's amazing their 4 other children are alive and well. If you can't handle that many kids stop having them. It's not hard. After my 4th I knew I was maxed out on time and patience. I went and made sure I would most likely (99.9%) never get pregnant again because reality is I can't take anymore. Why didn't these assholes realize this after #4 was born?

MY GOD. That is the reason why I don't come here often like I used to because this story emotional-fuck me up bad.

I love newborns. I have three. And I still remember I was worried like hell that I might hurt them, so I handled them with extra caution. Sometimes I wish my kids stay little. When my kids celebrate their first birthdays, I cried. Seriously. For people who got pregnant accidentally, don't want to keep newborn, don't be fucking selfish.....do the good thing, give up for couples who are able to give the baby all love and patience. How can that be hard? Gosh.

New child abuse charges are filed against a Ray County couple.
Not only are they accused of killing a 3-week-old baby, but also putting their other children in a very dangerous environment. The new charges involve abuse and neglect of three more children, including a set of charges related to snakes, lizards and alligators.

"We thought it was strange that they had swimming pools in the garage. Come to find out they was keeping alligators,"
[...]
Fields' mom used to let the kids come to her place, but she never saw what was inside the baby pools until the kids' parents were arrested.

"Who would keep alligators with their kids? That is kind of strange,
[...]
More than strange, it could be criminal.
[...]
They last lived on Southview Drive, but the baby's godparents say they never stayed anywhere for more than a few months before moving, with their reptiles and children,
[...]
Court records accuse the couple of endangerment for "exposing (the children) to boa constrictors, pythons, large lizards and alligators that were not safely caged."

Added to that are three felony counts involving the 3-week-old whose autopsy showed broken ribs from several occasions. They face even more charges for allegedly breaking the arm of their 1-year-old and hitting their 5-year-old on the back until the child bruised.

"It's sad for kids to have to live like that. I feel sorry for kids who have to go through that,"
[...]
The couple is in jail on a $500,000 bond a piece. The children are in protective custody.
http://www.kctv5.com/story/26109181/child-abuse-charges-include-snakes-lizards-and-alligators

Those kids need to STAY in protective custody. Why were they not in jail or tried yet for the murder of their little baby?

Geezus crimony. *speecheless re: fuckazoids allowed to breed (you're welcome, slight smile).* Heart goes out to little ones & hope for the best, but I also hope to hell someone rescues those poor reptiles. Those backward fucks are just as likely to shoot them. Gonna do some digging re: pets tomorrow. They're only about five hrs. from me.

Quick follow up re: Ray County, MO shitheads (Matthews) and the reptiles.

Sheriff's Dept.: "Uh, that's a really old case, ma'am."

Me: "Yeah, but they're up on new charges re: child abuse as of the 24th & I'm calling about the reptiles to see if they're up for rescue or adoption."

Deputy Dawg: "I don't know anything about it, ma'am, but I can give you the police dispatcher's phone number." (Wth, you're not connected to dispatch?!?)

Dispatch: "Dispatch."

Me: Same as above, plus, asked for Animal Control.

Dispatch: "I don't know anything about that, but you can call Animal Control Monday morning." (You mean they're not open on Sat.? Better and better, I swear).

Me: "Can you @ least hook me up w/Police Non-Emergency? *They'd* know something, I'm sure."

Dispatch: "No ma'am, this isn't a Police issue."

!@#$&*$#@!!!! Boy, oh boy, I'd hate to have their stinking jobs when I call back Monday...(!!!)

She was murdered at 3 weeks old and had been born 3 weeks prematurely, which means they murdered her before or when she was actually supposed to be born.

I have had all preemies and was told not to expect them out of the NICU prior to their due dates, these fucking monsters spent those 3 weeks where they should have been celebrating being able to have her at home beating her to death.

Putting that all together just brings up a whole new level of rage in me.

Poor baby didn't have any love in her short life. It is just to much to bear. Hugs and kisses little angel.

April 08, 2016

A Clay County jury has convicted a Richmond, Mo., woman in the child abuse death of her infant daughter.

Rebecca Matthews, 27, was found guilty of abuse of a child resulting in death, three counts of abuse of a child, and seven counts of first-degree endangering the welfare of a child, according to the Missouri Attorney General’s Office.

The 3-week-old baby girl, Aprhil Matthews, died in August 2012 as a result of “blunt force trauma” to her chest and abdomen, which lacerated her heart and liver, according to trial testimony.

After the baby died, doctors determined that she had multiple fractured ribs in various stages of healing.

Doctors testified at trial that the fractures were consistent with the infant being squeezed.

Matthews was also convicted of endangering the welfare of three other children by leaving them in a vehicle when temperatures were over 100 degrees and child abuse for breaking another infant’s arm.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article70710607.html

May 26, 2016

Wednesday, May 25, 2016, Judge Larry Dale Harman sentenced Matthews to 25 years in prison for abuse of a child resulting in death. She was also sentenced to an additional 21 years in prison on various abuse and endangerment convictions to be served consecutively. Additional sentences are to be served concurrently with the 25 year term.

With a total of 46 years of consecutive prison sentences Matthews will not be eligible for parole for over 23 years.
http://www.kmzu.com/rebecca-matthew...on-for-infants-death-abuse-of-other-children/
[doublepost=1514960265,1514960075][/doublepost]
Nov. 29, 2016

A Richmond man received a life sentence for the death of his 3-week-old daughter, and together with sentences for six additional counts, he faces an effective sentence of 72 years in prison.

In a sentencing hearing earlier this month, Dennis Matthews, 29, was given a life sentence for Class A felony child abuse in the death of his daughter
https://www.richmond-dailynews.com/2016/11/father-dealt-life-sentence-in-baby-daughters-death/

Back