• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Shaula

Eight families in San Clemente have been targeted in a disturbing pattern under investigation by authorities: porcelain dolls have been left at their homes resembling young girls who live there.

Some of the girls, all about 10 years old, attend the same elementary school, Orange County Sheriff’s Department Lt. Jeff Hallock said.

“Families in each of the homes where porcelain dolls were left voiced concern that the dolls resembled their daughters,” the Sheriff’s Department stated in a news release.

Up to 11 dolls were left in front of the girls’ homes, Hallock said. He initially said four dolls had been placed in front of homes, then revised that figure to eight and then 11.

No notes or threatening messages were attached to the dolls, which Hallock called “creepy or very unusual.”

The families all live in the same residential development, known as Talega.

Article: http://ktla.com/2014/07/24/porcelai...irls-placed-in-front-of-4-o-c-families-homes/

Please be sure to read the forum rules on posting. We appreciate the content, but direct cut-and-pasting of another person's work is prohibited (especially hotlinking their images). Thanks! - Morbid

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what I believe? I believe that someone inherited or had these dolls, and thought it would be a pleasant surprise and nice thing to do for these girls. Maybe its an older person giving them away, as no one else wanted them.
I would have been thrilled to see this on my porch, and looking similar to me?!! Wow!

You know what I believe? I believe that someone inherited or had these dolls, and thought it would be a pleasant surprise and nice thing to do for these girls. Maybe its an older person giving them away, as no one else wanted them.
I would have been thrilled to see this on my porch, and looking similar to me?!! Wow!

I want some of those Happy Pills you taking, cause you know it's just not that simple and innocent, nothing is ever that simple or innocent. I'm agreeing with the Ciminal Minds post, that is just too fucking freaky. It feels like a threat of some kind to me, even if the threat is not apparent, the more innocent it looks the weirder it feels to me.

If that were the case, it doesn't make it any less creepy. Why not just knock on the door and kindly ask if they want a FREE doll?
Whoever did this has got to be coo coo in the head!!
This is some witchcraft shit! lol

If that were the case, it doesn't make it any less creepy. Why not just knock on the door and kindly ask if they want a FREE doll?
Whoever did this has got to be coo coo in the head!!
This is some witchcraft shit! lol
Imagine some stranger knocking on your door and asking if you wanted a free doll that happens to resemble your daughter.

Still creepy lol.

Dang @cubby! No happy pills..if I had them, I most certainly would share with you!
I have a crap load of toys. They belonged to this young person in my care, and she outgrew them.. I give them away to the children in my hood, or to people I know that could not afford the hoity toity ones for their little scamps. This also goes about the clothes. Most times, its anonymous. We dont want to embarrass them.
I just think its nice that maybe, just maybe, someone is giving away a doll and things to some kid that would cherish it.

Imagine some stranger knocking on your door and asking if you wanted a free doll that happens to resemble your daughter.

Still creepy lol.
LoL You are right... if that indeed had been done by a stranger. But if the dolls resemble those girls, then it means the person who left them there knows the girls and most likely knows the parents too.

UPDATE: It indeed was an attempted act of kindness. I still find it creepy though lol.

SAN CLEMENTE, Calif. (KABC) --

Orange County sheriff's deputies identified Thursday the woman who anonymously left porcelain dolls on the doorsteps of at least eight homes in San Clemente that resembled the daughters of the families who live in the home.

The dolls were meant to be an act of "goodwill" and intended as a kind gesture, sheriff's deputies reported.

The dolls were left in the Talega community in San Clemente over the past week. Sheriff's investigators collected the dolls as evidence and worked with the families to find a connection between the homes.

Investigators discovered that a woman who lived in the community attended church with many of the families. The woman admitted to deputies that she had placed the porcelain dolls.

No further investigation was expected.

http://abc7.com/news/dolls-left-at-8-oc-homes-resemble-homeowners-daughters/217526/

That picture with the wooden-like dolls; I find odd that those 3 would be at the same door step. Why? Because, its not often we see see a blonde, redhead, and africa curly haired girls living in the same home. . . . js. I found that "odd". lol

UPDATE: It indeed was an attempted act of kindness. I still find it creepy though lol.
HA! Told you so..lol...
We just have been tarnished by the shit in the world, that this kind of goodwill, is seen as sinister. But im telling you, there are sweet people out there, trying to balance it out.

I was so hoping it was going to be some old lady. I know many porcelain doll collectors and this is exactly the kind of shit those old ladies would do especially since she went to church with them.

Someone left a dress up kit and some tea party sets on my doorstep with a note saying they saw my girls playing on the porch and thought they would like them. They even signed the apartment number to the note. While nice I still found it a little creepy that someone was comfortable watching my children play to the point they would bring them gifts but not want to knock on the door and talk to me. o_O

Dang @cubby! No happy pills..if I had them, I most certainly would share with you!
I have a crap load of toys. They belonged to this young person in my care, and she outgrew them.. I give them away to the children in my hood, or to people I know that could not afford the hoity toity ones for their little scamps. This also goes about the clothes. Most times, its anonymous. We dont want to embarrass them.
I just think its nice that maybe, just maybe, someone is giving away a doll and things to some kid that would cherish it.

And the dolls just happen to look like the children who live in that home? Even if that were so, the giver would have had to watch which children were in which home to give each the right doll. That's still creepy in my book. And I would be frightened.
ETA: I didn't finish reading before posting my opinion. I'm happy that it all turned out, but I still get creeped out by the thought of waking up and finding doll (Come on, some of those old timer ceramic dolls are almost as scary as clowns! :nailbiting:) that looked like my kid. But, God bless the nice old lady, I'm sure she never even considered that some might find it scary.

Last edited:
I'm glad it wasn't nothing sinister or creepy and I'm glad that somebody's granny gave the dolls away instead of trashing them, BUT hopefully someone tells her to next time talk to the parents first. She may have been worried that they wouldn't accept her kindness or she may be the type of person who just likes to do her good works without praise, so I hope she hasn't been put off doing good things for the children in her neighborhood.

Back