• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
246wgg3.jpg

Lori Sullenberger
2vwvdpd.jpg
A woman is accused of selling heroin from her hospital bed while she was in the intensive care unit at a Westmoreland County hospital
[...]
Lori Sullenberger, 38, of Youngwood, was charged Tuesday with felony counts of possession with intent to deliver and unlawful delivery of a controlled substance, along with misdemeanor charges of possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.

Police also filed misdemeanor charges -- possession of a controlled substance -- against Sullenberger's boyfriend, Jason Bates, 32, of Youngwood, and Robert Rearick, 27, of Greensburg, who they say bought or possessed drugs from Sullenberger.

Greensburg Police Capt. Chad Zucco said Sullenberger was a patient
[...]
Hospital for an unrelated medical issue when hospital staff noticed unusual behavior in and out of her room.

"What they noticed last week was an exorbitant amount of foot traffic happening to a patient's room. Not patients coming to stay two hours, but patients coming to stay two minutes. They thought that was really odd, so they contacted security,"
[...]
Zucco said Sullenberger had multiple cellphones in her room that would ring at all hours. He said visitors to her room also didn't know her last name, which made medical staff suspicious. Staff then notified Greensburg police, who conducted surveillance of the room and sent in a confidential informant to perform a buy.

"The confidential informant was able to purchase approximately 30 bags of heroin from her. In a subsequent search of her person and her room, they were able to confiscate 380 bags of heroin, approximately $3,800 street value,
[....]
Zucco said police also seized $1,420 in cash. Zucco said the woman kept the drugs inside her purse and inside drawers in the room. Police are still investigating how she got the drugs inside the hospital in the first place.

"Definitely is one of the more unique cases, to be selling narcotics out of an intensive care unit where obviously people are trying to get help,
[...]
Miele said hospital staff at all three of Excela's Westmoreland County locations are on the front lines of the drug addiction problem in the county, adding protocols are in place to limit the amount of painkillers prescribed to patients.

"Not only do we have this incident, but day after day we have patients being treated in all three of our emergency room facilities. People who are overdosing. It's very disturbing," Miele said.

Sullenberger remained in the hospital Tuesday. Police are working on arrest warrants for the three suspects.
http://www.wtae.com/news/intensive-...s-of-selling-drugs-from-hospital-bed/25586864

Now that's job dedication in intensive care still selling dope. People can take a lesson on work ethic from her! Oh wait I forgot she's a dope dealer never mind.

Ha! My kid was telling me about this, this morning! She said it was on the news before she fell asleep. I wonder how other patients knew she was dealing? Was it an ICU for Heroin Junkies?

Is there any word on what she was in the hospital for? Probably sepsis from repeated use of dirty needles.

Latest posts

Back