• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

China

La Mera Mera
No pic yet :spy:@penelopejo help me
A woman who was suspected in the death of her child in Billings in 2012 has confessed to abusing the 3-month-old girl.

Amanda Rose Steffan walked into the Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office in California on Friday and admitted she had abused her baby, whose initials were R.F., in Billings in 2012, according to Billings Police Lt. Kevin Iffland.

The child's father also was suspected, but never charged.

Her reason for confessing is not clear, Iffland said.

Steffan was not charged in 2012 because there was insufficient evidence.

[...]

When she was interviewed by police in 2012, Steffan said she put the baby down for a nap. When she checked on the child, she was not breathing and blue.

[...]

In her confession, Steffan said she began abusing the baby about two weeks after it was born and believed her abuse could have contributed to the baby's death, Iffland said.

Steffan admitted to putting the child in a car seat for long periods of time, shaking her, and sometimes shutting her in a closet.

Steffan went on to confess that she would suffocate the baby by putting her thumb in the child's mouth for 30 seconds at a time. She also said had fractured the baby's skull by punching her in the forehead and slapping her very hard when she spit up.

[...]
http://billingsgazette.com/news/loc...cle_f5f2358e-1955-58f0-975f-05cfe124631c.html

Wtf was her hatered towards her poor baby for. Those were sick mean sadistic acts.

Babies wake up at 2 weeks. They're quiet, they sleep all day...for 14 days. And when that 2 weeks is up it's a whole new ballgame. They are demanding, they can be colicky and they are NOT the baby you brought home.

A REAL parent would either know this or at least accept the inevitable. Your life is not your own really until they start sleeping through the night. It will ALWAYS confound me how these "parents" think it's going to be easy. It isn't...we're just better at not hurting something for being what it is. A baby.

She punched a baby in the head? I just don't get it, I feel like the worse person on earth if I yell at my daughter for pooping on the floor, how the fuck is this "woman' the same species as me.

Its odd that she confessed...maybe she did so as a part of a 12 step program.
Nothing against the 12-step programs, those rooms have saved my life. But this baby beating little cunt needs to skip the admitting and trying to make amends and invent a 14th step: public beating within an inch of her life and removal of reproductive organs.

The 13th step is meeting and marrying someone from the rooms, I'm a proud 13th stepper!

Nothing against the 12-step programs, those rooms have saved my life. But this baby beating little cunt needs to skip the admitting and trying to make amends and invent a 14th step: public beating within an inch of her life and removal of reproductive organs.

The 13th step is meeting and marrying someone from the rooms, I'm a proud 13th stepper!

Heh. My husband was a 13th stepper too ( I didn't know that existed) ....and then they divorced 2 yrs later & then he met ME! ;)

why in the hell would anyone punch an infant in the forehead...fracturing its skull...for spitting up??!! That will just cause them to spit up and projectile vomit even more!! Don't hospitals now a days inform new parents about shaken baby syndrome and have classes new parents have to take before leaving the hospital with a new baby??

why in the hell would anyone punch an infant in the forehead...fracturing its skull...for spitting up??!! That will just cause them to spit up and projectile vomit even more!! Don't hospitals now a days inform new parents about shaken baby syndrome and have classes new parents have to take before leaving the hospital with a new baby??
They should they had them when I had my first daughter 16 years ago by the time I had my second it was 5 years later plus two step kids full time because their piece of shit mom got them taken away. So my obgyn told the hospital to just let me sleep it wasn't my first rodeo that I had three kids to get home to plus baby .

We have swings at our local playground for mobility challenged kids which have a large plastic over-the-shoulder bar to keep them safely held in. My daughter likes to go in them because she can go much higher than I allow on a "normal" swing 'cause basically she can't possibly fall out. Well, as she was getting in, I lost my hold on the overhead bar and it fell on her head. She wasn't hurt but the shock made her cry, and my kid's a toughie, she almost never cries. GOD I felt like the worst mother EVER in the history of the universe. I couldn't give her enough hugs and kisses and chocolate to make up for it.

And then you have POS's like this that intentionally injure their kids over and over again and not think twice about it until they get caught, then all their tears are for themselves.

She obviously did not want the baby and could not handle being a parent. So many people out there who would love to have a tiny new baby and would have given her a wonderful loving home. Why don't these pieces of shit just give the baby to someone who wants it?

Can any of you talk about your stepkids without slamming the mother of said children? I'm just wondering.
Not when she gets her house raided and tear gased with the kids inside because she has a wanted murderer in her house with her kids. Oh and only made one visit to them in 4years and was on the phone for almost the whole time so the kids got to play with the social worker so she could talk to her new boyfriend.

Last edited:
Some people were abused as children and have no role models for how parents should behave. They don't know how to deal with their own kids. They don't know how to handle the anger inside them. It isn't an excuse by any means, but it is why the abuse cycle continues.

I want to hug this woman. She got away free and clear with the death of her kid. She had no charges and wouldn't have spent a day in jail. But something inside her made her confess. Her love for the baby that she'd harmed, perhaps or guilt over her actions. That right there proves to me that she isn't the same as these other "mothers" on here who would rather spend their time worshiping at the temple of the golden dick than be a mother, or would allow the moron attached to the golden dick to do unspeakable acts to their kids then cover for them. I mean, she gave up her freedom to try and make amends for what she'd done. That has to stand for something.

Can any of you talk about your stepkids without slamming the mother of said children? I'm just wondering.
Yup. Mother of my stepson and my hunny's stepson from his marriage to her is awesome. She set the tone for our relationship--that we were all in it together. The boys were raised to know that healthy people get along. I love both of her sons and am so grateful to her for having a big heart.

I thought 13th stepping was just fucking the junkies on the first few steps
I shared the "13th Step" with my husband & he said the same thing!! He gave a little inside chuckle first & said, "No, the 13th step is when you fuck the newbies."
Ok then. o_O

Her reason for confessing is not clear, Iffland said.

Remorse, perhaps? Not defending what this woman did, but the fact that she'd simply walk in there and offer up so much detail suggests she's feeling guilty over the baby's death -- if not the abuse in general. I cannot imagine that most people who abuse their babies actually set out to kill them. There are far easier ways to "get rid of" an infant which don't end in a prison sentence.

I've only gone to one meeting and the man leading it told a bunch of guys in the back " there willnbe no 13th stepping tonight fellas, if you wanted go down the street and pay for it", I was like OK then note to self don't sleep with a dude from a meeting

@TKaz

I don't have stepkids, my kids have a stepmom, and she is a wonderful mother and I'm so lucky that my ex is with her and not some abusive skank. :)

The Billings woman who admitted she killed her baby and fled the state in 2012 was sentenced Wednesday.

Amanda Rose Steffan, 25, was sentenced in Yellowstone County District Court by Judge Mary Jane Knisely to 40 years to the Montana Department of Health and Human Services.

Steffan was convicted of negligent homicide, along with two charges of assault on a minor, aggravated assault, and criminal endangerment.

Steffan pleaded guilty and entered into an agreement with prosecutors a year ago.

http://www.ktvq.com/story/30902285/billings-woman-sentenced-for-death-of-infant-daughter

Back