• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
35i0ysm.jpg

Mackenzi Plass​
In a backyard in Alvin, swings a very lucky girl.
Her name is Mackenzi Plass, or Kenzi for short, and she survived a dog attack.

"She'll be two and a half in May," said her very proud mother Chelsi Camp. "She's doing great. You wouldn't know it if you couldn't see."

Mackenzi has scars on her face after the ordeal that put her mother's animal instincts to the test.

"You do whatever you can,"
[...]
"I don't have physical strength at my side."
[...]
Camp was dog sitting a friend's pit bull who always seemed friendly, until he met Mackenzi.

"The dog came up and he was just curious," recalled Camp. "When he smelled her, that's when you saw it flip because I think he smelled my dog on her."
The dog attacked Kenzi
[...]
She shoved her fist into the dog's mouth and even bit its ear off all while telling her daughter to turn over so she didn't choke on blood.

"I only know to fight so how else do you get somebody to stop," Camp explained. "I mean I would do the same thing with a human being."

During the struggle, Camp managed to call 911. An officer who showed up at the scene shot the dog but didn't kill it.
[...]
She is back at work now and has full use of her arms again.

"I can actually hold her again," said Camp. "I couldn't hold her for the first week that was the hardest part."

Mackenzi has to stay out of direct sunlight for a year and gets her sutures out this week

"She's a strong little girl and a fighter," Camp said. "She's meant to be here."

The dog was later euthanized.
http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/nation/2014/04/22/dog-attack-daughter-mom-fight-bite-ear/7998663/

Video at link

that is one hell of a mom and woman and she also managed to call 911 while fighting off a dog and trying to keep her baby alive! Now that's a real woman! She gets things done!

Awww poor baby, i'm glad mom was around and got the dog off of her or it would have been worse.

I wonder why she has to stay out of the sun for a year?
The new skin is extremely sensitive and very thin at this point. A sunburn could cause it all to die and require debridement and possibly even make a skin graft necessary.

There are also certain meds she might be on that can cause adverse reactions if she's exposed to too many UV rays.

Back