• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Britefutr

Tell us some of the quirky little things that make you feel happy. I'll start...

I love the smell right after you blow out a candle

Smell of a horse in the rain or leather saddle after a good ride. (Yes I am preparing for the crap perverted responses to that)

Screaming hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning, the dusty humid smell following a summer rain shower, waking up early on the weekend and realising I don't need to immediately jump out of bed and start doing stuff.

Hearing my kids laugh, a perfect cup of coffee, my husband kissing the side of my neck, sleeping in...There are many more but it's early and I haven't even had a non-perfect cup of coffee yet!

My husband randomly putting his arms around me when I'm standing at the stove cooking or the sink doing dishes. His little way of letting me know that he appreciates the things I do. Thanks @thehesbomb I had forgotten that one.

The weight of a newborn in my arms, the first day of the year that I can go outside without a coat, opening all the windows in the house to let fresh air in, hearing my kids giggle to themselves or playing well together, dandelions.

I love listening to hubby make up outrageous and silly bedtime stories to the kids, they love it.

I love the smell outside after it rains.

I love watching the baby's face light up when he discovers something new.

Last edited:
I love the feeling of putting the cool moisturizer on your face right after a hot shower. Aaaaah.
I love the way my dog snorts in his sleep.

I love the feeling of putting the cool moisturizer on your face right after a hot shower. Aaaaah.
I love the way my dog snorts in his sleep.

Lol, my little Pekingese snores like a trucker with a cold. We're always impressed by how such a big noise can come from such a little dog.

I love opening my windows in my house by New York harbor and smelling salt water, creosote and the honeysuckles that grow beside the train tracks.

Latest posts

Back