• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
30wqyhw.jpg

Lily
154hnhu.jpg

Since finding the kitten April 8, Lily has mothered the feline and taken it in as her own.​
A 90-pound Japanese Akita dog from Florida has taken in an abandoned kitten as her own.

Lorrie Rivera told
[....]
her dog Lily found the eight ounce kitten on April 8 while they were on their daily walk to the park.

"We walked down the path a little bit and Lily just lunged into the brush and came up with the kitten in her mouth,"
[...]
"I scooped it up right away and we brought it home."

The baby kitten, which was too young for the Humane Society to take in, has found comfort with Lily who mothers and protects the feline like one of her own.

"They're just two peas in pod, those two,"
[...]
"They're just really adorable together. It's so cute."
http://www.wkrn.com/story/25283490/90-pound-dog-takes-abandoned-kitten-in-as-own

my dog found a 3 week old kitten last year we took into vets and got checked out and let Sable keep him
this is Sable & Pudge
2vj3k15.jpg

ou44xy.jpg

Last edited:
<3<3<3<3<3Awwwwwwwwwwww...........I just love the doggies and kittehs!!!!!!!<3<3<3<3<3

So sweet... hopefully Lily gets to keep her newly adopted 'pup'... I know I'd have a hard time taking her baby from her if this happened with one of my pets...

I was thinking along the lines of the owner being a renter and having a limited pet policy.
Ick.. I think I'd move.. that kind of crap is why I wanted a home of my own so bad... I have 3 cats and one dog now.. but at the peak of my home # I had two dogs and 4 cats.

Ick.. I think I'd move.. that kind of crap is why I wanted a home of my own so bad... I have 3 cats and one dog now.. but at the peak of my home # I had two dogs and 4 cats.

At our peak, we had two dogs, two frogs, a cat, a bird and a guinea pig. Then one dog died, the frogs were released back into the wild, then the gp died. Then when Mike threw us out, I knew there was no way I could afford to keep all of the remaining three. Popee had just been injured by Mike's son's lab puppy, so I knew there was no way I could leave him behind (the lab would still be staying, plus Micaela was the most avid animal lover of us all and I knew her 1st choice would be to keep him.) I decided to keep the bird cause her upkeep wouldn't be very expensive and if we were unable to get a place that allowed dogs as pets, I knew a bird would be more likely to be allowed. So basically, I ended up having to leave behind my favorite of all the pets, our cat Zoey. Which is so sad, cause everytime I've gone back there to pack up things, she's follwed me around meowing pitifully the entire time, so I know she misses me too.

Thankfully, when I asked Mike to not get rid of her at least until after the kids would no longer be going there or until I found her a home(whichever came first), he said he'd keep her until she died. Which is good because I was worried I would have a hard time finding her a home because she viciously hates all other cats she comes across.

Currently though, Popee is being kept by a family at my mom's church and the bird is at her original owner's house because my stepdad was raised to believe you never feed an animal you don't plan to eat.

Last edited:
I ended up having to leave behind my favorite of all the pets, our cat Zoey. Which is so sad, cause everytime I've gone back there to pack up things, she's follwed me around meowing pitifully the entire time, so I know she misses me too.
I hope your circumstances improve and you get to have your furbaby back. :sorry:

Thanks, Mitchfb, that's a very cool story!

I love that Zoo if you go at the right time of the day you can watch the Lab playing in the Cheetah exhibit. Don't tell anyone I have a soft spot for animals though it could ruin my reputation LOL

Back