• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
I only read true crime and once in a blue moon one of hubbys King boks
but also love REAL ghost books
Same here with the true crime. Ann Rule's daughter, Leslie Role wrote a book "When the Ghost Screams", Ann Rule did the forward for it. I have it but I haven't read it yet, it's an account of ghost sightings as Leslie Rule visited the areas.

Same here with the true crime. Ann Rule's daughter, Leslie Role wrote a book "When the Ghost Screams", Ann Rule did the forward for it. I have it but I haven't read it yet, it's an account of ghost sightings as Leslie Rule visited the areas.
I jut finished reading a ghost book for this area and was shocked to see a place in my tiny town in it
We all have had experiences (wouldnt let me and BFF out of the bathroom at the Crows Nest the building it haunts)
But I was surprised the little ghost of Kingsville that haunts The Kings Landing made the book
We all know his name is George but nobody knows where he came from though
Im guessing since he haunts the one place and its on the lake where the fishing boats are and all the houses used to be connected to fishing he may have drowned years ago
Friends that have worked at Kings Landing for years have all had stuff happen and seen him

I just finishe Jaycee Dugards book. It was pretty well written considering the author only had a 5th grade education. My sick and nosey mind was satisfied with the details she gave although, 18 years is a really long time to squeeze in a small book. I think maybe it could have been longer with some more information.

xg9V45G.jpg

If you like intelligent, unique, morbid books, check out the work of Chuck Palahniuk. Also known for works such as Fight Club, Choke, and Diary. I am currently reading "Rant," which is about a serial killer who wiped out half the nation, and the book is told through a series of statements from many people that he encountered in his life. Super crazy how Palahniuk can master the emotion of so many different characters!

I'm currently reading Gerald's Game by Stephen King. A woman and her husband are playing a kinky sex "game" in their remote cabin. All fun and games til you knock out hubby and your handcuffed to a bed all alone in the middle of nowhere. Just started reading but I feel like this is going to be intensely psychological more than anything. Thumbs up so far.

at the moment I'm reading The Twelve which is the sequel to the Passage. Love it! it grabbed me right away. I love Stephen King and Dean Koontz. recieved a kindle as a gift from work and have found some great novels for free.
My favorite book is Alice In Wonderland and I love Little Woman. the only kind of books I don't read are romance and westerns lol

Right now, I am reading 'Crime Wave: Reportage and fiction from the underside of L.A.' by James Ellroy. There is something about the sparse, yet detailed, prose of Ellroy that has me coming back for more time and time again. Hasn't been too long since I started reading his work but he is raised in my estimation each time I devour a new one.

Any fans?

I just got two books in the mail today! "Damned" by Chuck Palahnuik and " The Drivers Guide to Hitting Pedestrians" by Andersen Prunty.
Im kinda going back and forth with them. I am intrigued.
Last week, it was "Fuckness" by Andersen Prunty... I am becoming a fan of this guy. He just vomits the English language and its edible.

This one was the only one I questioned by Chuck. I read it, it's just.... really out there even for chuck.
I loved it. It made me laugh, and then sad, knowing I am WAY past my quota for any entrance to Heaven. I just wished there were more descriptions for other parts of Hell. It just seemed an ocean for wasted jizz, a lake of bugs, partial abortion area, and a mountain of toe/fingernail clippings. Plus the call center.
The next book Im on is "Person" by Sam Pink. Its already creepy as I know someone with the same characteristics.

I'm on the last couple of pages of "White Lies" it's the book about the conviction and appeals and release of Clarence Brandley who spent years on death row in Texas for the rape and murder of a young white girl. Mr. Brandley is black. Holy shit, for someone as pro-death penalty as me it is shocking to read about that level of racism and corruption in the courts in the 1980's, not the 1880's but the 1980's. Absolutely shocking and an amazing book.

Currently reading "Escape" by Carolyn Jessop. It's about the FLDS community in Utah and all the illegalities that go on there... Great read but creepy shit.

I'm currently anxiously awaiting the next part of Extinction Level Event which is a book series written by my friend Jen Walker, Canadian extraordinaire.

It's zombie apocalypse from a woman's point of view. I found it an easy read and got hooked immediately. Now I need that next part!!!

Right now it's only .99 for the Kindle edition.

https://www.facebook.com/extinctionleveleventbookseries

I'm currently anxiously awaiting the next part of Extinction Level Event which is a book series written by my friend Jen Walker, Canadian extraordinaire.

It's zombie apocalypse from a woman's point of view. I found it an easy read and got hooked immediately. Now I need that next part!!!

Right now it's only .99 for the Kindle edition.

https://www.facebook.com/extinctionleveleventbookseries

That looks interesting. I'm always up for a good zombie apocalypse story! I shall check that out as soon as I've finished the book I'm reading.

I read a lot of books, as it is preferred to my television or cleaning house... Lol.. My new favorite author is Joy Fielding.. I started reading her novel Still Life and I couldn't put it down, finished it the same day. I would give this book 5 stars, as well as her novels See Jane Run and Charley's Web.

I just finished Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis a couple of days ago. Usually if I'm into a book, I'll read it in a day or two, no matter how long it is. I will deliberately stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning reading just so I can find out what happens next...

It took me almost 3 weeks to read this book. It was a good book, but I just couldn't get into it. He went into detail with his addiction and his struggles with staying clean, which was interesting to read, because I've been in that position before. But it just got kind of stale having to read about run after run after run.

To me, it's refreshing to see that even addicted celebrities/musicians don't forget where they came from. And they know that they're no better than anyone else, they just got lucky with their career choice and made it big. It's something that always irritates me with recovering alcoholics/addicts when they think that they're King Shit (or Queen) just because they're not getting it in anymore, and it's good to see someone, who has every right to feel like he's better than everyone else, remember where they came from.

But now I started reading "Serial Killers : Up Close and Personal/Inside the World of Torturers, Psychopaths, and Mass Murderers" by Christopher Berry-Dee. It's basically psychological profiles. And I like reading this kind of shit so I'll probably have it done by tonight.

I just read Heart Shaped Box not to long ago and it was good. I didn't know what the fuck to expect and so it was really interesting to see how it all played out. And I have NOS4A2 on my tablet. So I am gonna read that next.

I just finished Scar Tissue by Anthony Kiedis a couple of days ago. Usually if I'm into a book, I'll read it in a day or two, no matter how long it is. I will deliberately stay up until 3 or 4 in the morning reading just so I can find out what happens next...

It took me almost 3 weeks to read this book. It was a good book, but I just couldn't get into it. He went into detail with his addiction and his struggles with staying clean, which was interesting to read, because I've been in that position before. But it just got kind of stale having to read about run after run after run.

To me, it's refreshing to see that even addicted celebrities/musicians don't forget where they came from. And they know that they're no better than anyone else, they just got lucky with their career choice and made it big. It's something that always irritates me with recovering alcoholics/addicts when they think that they're King Shit (or Queen) just because they're not getting it in anymore, and it's good to see someone, who has every right to feel like he's better than everyone else, remember where they came from.

But now I started reading "Serial Killers : Up Close and Personal/Inside the World of Torturers, Psychopaths, and Mass Murderers" by Christopher Berry-Dee. It's basically psychological profiles. And I like reading this kind of shit so I'll probably have it done by tonight.

Kind of in the same vein as Scar Tissue, I just picked up Nikki Sixx's Heroin Diaries. I've always been a huge fan of the guy, and so many people have told me I should read it.

Kind of in the same vein as Scar Tissue, I just picked up Nikki Sixx's Heroin Diaries. I've always been a huge fan of the guy, and so many people have told me I should read it.

LOVE The Heroin Diaries. I read it in one night. I related to it a lot more than Scar Tissue.. Because you are in his mind during the worst of his heroin addiction. I related to it big time. Cause I lived through heroin addiction.. And yeah. I just get it.

Back