• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Whisper

#byefelicia
nojcec.jpg

Tomb raiders: The daughter of prominent New Hampshire businessman Edward 'Eddie' Nash is accused of breaking the cement vault in his grave at the Colebrook Village Cemetery in May in search of his will
iqakqw.jpg

Family man: Nash died of a heart attack in 2004 at age 68, leaving behind his wife and four children, among them his 52-year-old daughter Melanie Lynch​
The daughter of a prominent New Hampshire businessman is accused of ransacking her father's grave in search of his 'real will,' only to find a pack of cigarettes clutched in his hand.
[...]
Edward 'Eddie' Nash, died of a heart attack in 2004 at age 68. His cement vault a
[...]
was found cracked last month, the casket opened and his remains rummaged through. The body was left intact.
[...]
names Nash's daughter, Melanie Lynch, of Merrimack, 52, who also goes by Melanie Nash, and two alleged accomplices, Ginette Dowse, of Clarkesville, 71, and Michael Day, of Columbia, 37.
Lynch had made comments about her father being buried with 'the real will,'
[...]
According to the arrest document, on the night of May 11, Dowse gave the other two a ride to the cemetery. She told police Lynch and Day dug up the grave and destroyed the concrete vault and metal casket.
[...]
when she returned several hours later to pick them up, Lynch told her she found nothing and 'it was not as bad as she thought it was going to be,'
[...]
She told Dowse the next day that her father had a pack of cigarettes in his hand.

'You hear of grave robbing 100, 150 years ago,' Jenkins and Newman Funeral Home Director Michael Pearson told
[...]
last month. 'You don't think of it in 2014.'

Day, who was arrested Tuesday, was jailed on charges of interference with a cemetery and criminal mischief.
[...]
Eddie Nash, a one-time dairy farmer, started a successful heavy equipment business in 1979, still run by his family. The Colebrook-based company sells second-hand backhoes, skidders and dozers all over the U.S. and Canada and employs 30 workers.
[...]
Nash and his wife, Shirley, had two daughters, two sons and eights grandchildren.

Eddie Nash has been reburied at a cost of several thousand dollars. Nash's imposing black granite headstone reads: 'King of the used equipment world.'
Machine man: Nash started a successful heavy equipment business in 1979, still run by his family, selling second-hand backhoes, skidders and dozers

Grave of New Hampshire businessman ransacked in search for ‘real will’: authorities
The businessman, Eddie Nash, died of a heart attack in 2004 at age 68. His cement vault at the Colebrook Village Cemetery was found cracked last month, the casket opened and his remains searched through. The body was left intact.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...l-authorities-article-1.1827318#ixzz34T5Id8FD

thats just plain nasty digging around your dads grave
WTF ever happened to resting in peace ffs

Last edited:
They should make that money hungry whore dig another grave by hand with a trowel as punishment for disturbing the dead.

holy shit! Im sorry but this is beyond bizarre to me. No fucking way I would be digging up one of my parents 10 years later for any reason at all. That is not shit I want to see no matter what valuables might be in there.

Only amusing part is that she went digging for money and all he had was a pack of smokes (weird thing to be buried with)

I guess she felt left out of the will somehow. I will go through this shit with my sister for sure. She ignored my mom all her life (unless she came to steal from her) til she got closer to old age. Then suddenly she is best buddies and I know its for what she thinks my mom is leaving people at the end. And my mother doesn't see it for what it is. Its sad

At least this woman's family knows exactly who she is and what she is now and wont mistake ever trusting her again

I love that one of the accomplices was a 71 year old woman. I just have this great image in my head as this old coot busts through the vault with the Indiana Jones soundtrack rolling through her mind.

Colebrook is a town of about 2,000 people near the Canadian border. It has a lot of strange goings on. They are still trying to find the murderer of an 11 year old girl who was found in a pond in the next town about 3 years ago. As I said in my previous post, Melanie Nash used to live across the street from me, but I didn't know her except enough to keep away. She had to be crazy to go into her father's grave at all, especially after 10 years, why would the will be in his grave? And what was she going to do if she DID find it-go to the police and say I found this will when I dug up my father's grave? My husband kept saying that she must have been involved, but I couldn't believe it. I am glad that I don't live in that town anymore.....Oh, and she just posted $7500 CASH BAIL

Last edited:
Woman says she dug up dad’s grave ’with respect’
Melanie Nash allegedly conspired with other to dig up her father's casket from a New Hampshire cemetery to find his 'real will.' Now she wants a judge to suppress her statement to authorities that she tried to remove her father's remains 'with respect' and that he 'would be OK with it.'
[...]
lawyer for a woman accused of ransacking the New Hampshire grave of her father in search of his “real will” wants a judge to suppress her written statement to police that she dug it up “with respect” and he “would be OK with it.”
Prosecutors allege Melanie Nash, 52, conspired with others to remove her father’s remains from the Colebrook Village Cemetery in May. The vault of businessman Eddie Nash, who died in 2004, was found cracked with the casket opened and his remains searched through.
[..]
Melanie Nash’s lawyer, William Albrecht, filed a motion last month arguing statements made after her arrest and before she was advised of her Miranda rights should be excluded because they violate her right against self-incrimination.

Coos County Attorney John McCormick said Nash showed her “free will” in coming to police and waiving her Miranda rights.

Police believe the casket was pulled out after Melanie Nash commented about her father being buried with “the real will.”
[...]
said she didn’t find a will, only a pack of cigarettes in her father’s hand.
[....]
told police she did not receive anything when her father died and had been thinking of digging up the grave for years to prove her sister, Susie Nash, “hid the will.” Susie Nash has said there was only one will when her father’s estate plan was done in 1995 and everyone involved knew about it.
[...]
June 11 written statement to police, Melanie Nash wrote that she met up with others to go to the cemetery to go dig up her father’s grave. Four people have been indicted in the case.

She wrote: “All this was done for the right reasons and I know my father would be OK with it.”

She ended her statement with: “What we all did was to dig up my father’s coffin, Eddie Nash, looking for documents. We did it with respect.”
[....]
who died of a heart attack at 68, started an equipment business in 1979 still run by his family. He’s since been reburied.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/woman-dug-dad-grave-respect-article-1.1962401

My favorite part was that she said it was not as bad as she thought it would be. Because I am thinking 10 years dead is pretty dang bad.
It really depends on two main factors- the extent of and materials used in embalming (if any) and the local climate. It's totally possible, given the proper conditions, that her father's body was completely intact and recognisable, although the skin was likely discoloured. I'm sure there was an odour of decomposition, but not the overpowering stench of putrefaction. It's amazing how much pickling our dead can retard the process of "dust to dust."

I just saw this on a judge show this morning. She said she was looking for a ring her father was supposedly buried with. She was being sued by her brother for the reburial cost. He won. She acted like it was no big deal that she dug her dad up, and figured the estate would foot the cost to rebury him. What a nut.

I'm sure if it was my loved ones body that she dug up I would have had a special grave dug for her and there would not have been a funeral either! I'm sure her family wouldn't miss her and most definitely sure she's not invited over for the holidays! If the right family members were contacted they would probably pay for your services!

http://www.caledonianrecord.com/new...cle_2ec96750-c483-5cfb-9df3-7c8469a010f7.html
10 October 2017

The daughter who ransacked her father’s Colebrook grave in 2014 in search of what she told police was the “real will” her sister had allegedly buried with him, was sent back to prison on Sept. 26 after violating her parole conditions by contacting the sister, Suzie Nash, owner of Nash Equipment.

According to a July 6 report by Colebrook Police Prosecutor Paul Rella, Suzie Nash contacted Colebrook police to tell them about a “harassing phone call” on July 4 that came from Melanie, who threatened to send the “black coats” after her if she did not settle with Melanie over the estate of their father, Eddie Nash, founder of Nash Equipment, who died in 2004.

“Melanie went on to state that she was coming after Suzie for embezzlement, forgery and fake notary stamps involving the trust their father did,” wrote Rella. “Melanie stated that if Suzie did not settle with her, ‘the black coats are waiting for me to give them the word.’”

Rella said, “This is an ongoing issue that Melanie thinks Suzie wronged her because their father left Suzie the business and not her. Suzie stated that Melanie gave her until July 9 to call her back with a settlement figure.”

Instead, the police called Melanie Nash.

After an evidentiary hearing at Coos Superior Court on Sept. 26, the court determined she violated her parole conditions and granted a request by county prosecutors to impose the balance of her suspended sentence.
[...]
When Melanie Nash was arrested, she told police the will was buried with her father and she believed she had been shorted a share of the inheritance.

No will was found, but police said the ransackers did pocket the pack of cigarettes, bottle of vodka and other items buried with Eddie Nash in the casket...

PS: always hide the "real will" in the grave. So much better than burning it or feeding it to the cross cut shredder.

My father left me less in his will than my siblings because he hated my husband (now ex), but I still talk to my sister and brother.

My father left me less in his will than my siblings because he hated my husband (now ex), but I still talk to my sister and brother.
My sister got $1.00 because she tricked and swindled our dad out of his equity in his home and all of his savings. Our dad died broke but worse than that, he died broken hearted. He did have other things my siblings (less the ass hole sister) and I sold. It's just too bad he didn't let us sell these things sooner so he could have enjoyed the money.

I guess the dad had reasons for leaving the business to the one sister.

Well, her friends are more loyal to her than mine are to me, because not one of my friends would help me dig up a grave! lol

Back