• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
February 23rd 2018

Rochester Police have arrested a 21-year-old student in the Rochester City School District after they said she made a credible threat against East High School.

Rochester Deputy Mayor Dr. Cedric Alexander and Deputy Chief La'Ron Singletary spoke at a news conference Friday afternoon.

According to Alexander, police were notified on February 16 about the threat being made against East High School. Staff within the Rochester City School District called police at 5:08 p.m about a threat posted on the East High School Facebook page. The threat said, "I’m coming tomorrow morning and I’m going to shoot all of ya bitches.”

RPD Deputy Chief La'Ron Singletary said it took investigators days to arrest track down because she made the threats from a fictitious social media account. It took time for investigators to track down the person to whom the account belonged.

When officers responded to the home of Abigail Hernandez on February 20, they said they found a shotgun inside the home. Police did not clarify if the shotgun was registered to Hernandez or anyone living at the home in which it was discovered.

Hernandez was arrested and charged with making a terroristic threat.

As officers were investigating, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents determined Hernandez was an illegal immigrant who was in the United States under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program.

Hernandez was moved to a federal detention facility in Batavia and will be held there until a hearing is scheduled.

Alexander said he is unsure if Hernandez is being charged as an adult. She has no prior arrests.

"The quick thinking of school staff and the tenacious work of the investigators of the police department following through on this Facebook post lead to the arrest of Abigail Hernandez and the recovery of a shotgun," a statement from the Rochester Police Department said.
http://komonews.com/news/nation-wor...reatening-school-shooting-in-upstate-new-york
3e915549-9493-48e7-9c5e-5fef0742b44a-large16x9_ABIGAILHERNANDEZ.jpg

Soooo at first i was like, oh, how nice of this 21 year old highschool student to reach out to the school with a save the date. THEN, I scrolled down and was like.... This is the first time I've ever seen someone with a prolapsed anus for a mouth.

Look at her runny nose ... there is no need for this, at all. If you're not an asshole the police will let you primp a little for your shot. Yes they will!

So once I'm sitting in the back of a police car ... and we're talking back and forth and then this chick pops up on his screen and i'm like who is that, she's pretty cute ... and he looked at me like I was retarded ... and I kind of felt that way because the cute girl was me. I just didn't recognise myself right away. Yeah I went home that night ... got to sleep in my own bed.

Fuck this chick ... bitch. Looks like a hairy potato.

21 year old high school student?
But she looks so intelligent and well versed in so many studies.
The snot stream really off sets the ruptured balloon mouth.

Jethro Tull said it best...

Leaving off the obviously WTF photo—

I’m interested in the fact that this bitch is 21 and in HS. Just how fucking retarded do you have to be to be 21 and in high school????

She looks like a blobfish.

I find it pretty funny that the school considered this a legit threat, had to investigate bc the FB account was fake, cops found a gun at the house that may not have been hers, AND she's aged out of the DACA (afaik).

I bet she was in a pissy mood, posted a threat thinking it wouldn't be taken seriously, and then.. oh no! Threatening to shoot people is srs bsns now?! OOPS IDIOT

Leaving off the obviously WTF photo—

I’m interested in the fact that this bitch is 21 and in HS. Just how fucking retarded do you have to be to be 21 and in high school????
I thought you were a teacher and could offer some professional insight on a case like this. What is the policy of your school district on things like this?
Even if you work for a private school, you might have some professional insight on such a student.

21 year old high school student?
It appears she is not a student at the high school
[...]

Hernandez is not a student at East High School. When asked why a 21-year-old woman would be a student in the Rochester City School District, city officials would not clarify.

[...]

Alexander said he is unsure if Hernandez is being charged as an adult.

[...]
http://komonews.com/news/nation-wor...reatening-school-shooting-in-upstate-new-york
Why in the hell wouldn't she charged as an adult, she's fucking 21 years old!

Last edited:
Why in the hell wouldn't she charged as an adult, she's fucking 21 years old!
If she has a guardian and is legally incapable of caring for herself?
It's a matter of mental capacity? Maybe determines what jail is most suited to her?
[doublepost=1519498251,1519497274][/doublepost]
I don't understand why people are making fun of her looks. It's not like she has bad makeup or meth face, something she did to herself. She has what she was born with, and it's sad.
Seems like this young woman should be pitied more than anything, even as she pays some consequence for her crime
I cringe when women call each other bitches as a sign of affection. (Happens every day in shout.) But this pathetic woman did it out of hate, anger, frustration. When females call each other bitches and think it's fun, it makes an impression like they would readily become back stabbers. Today it's an endearment, tomorrow it's hate.

If she has a guardian and is legally incapable of caring for herself?
It's a matter of mental capacity? Maybe determines what jail is most suited to her?
I not sure thats how it works. If a person is over 18 years of age they are legally considered an adult, if they mentally underdeveloped they might be deemed "mentally incompetent" to stand trial, but not remanded to juvenile court, unless, of course, there is a weird ass Federal law I never heard of.

Btw, @Sugar Cookie , I think the name of the suspect is suppose to be in thread's headline to make searching a bit easier and avoid dupes. (or victim, if the suspect is unknown).

Last edited:
I don't understand why people are making fun of her looks. It's not like she has bad makeup or meth face, something she did to herself. She has what she was born with, and it's sad.
Seems like this young woman should be pitied more than anything ...
this pathetic woman did it out of hate, anger, frustration.​

She has the glassy, vacant, dull look of someone whose prescriptions have transformed them into the walking dead.. or someone with diminished mental capacity.

I'm not certain she's capable of expressing the deep emotional pain most school shooters act on, or of judging the consequences of her actions when she posted that comment. I'm not even sure what motivated her to threaten them in the first place, considering she isn't a student. Possibly a graduate, or someone with a younger sibling still attending?

I am a bit sorry for saying she looks like a blobfish. I didn't mean it in a cruel way, I just found the resemblance funny. Blobfish are neat.

I hope someone calls you beautiful and means it, Abby Hernandez.

I'm not certain she's capable of expressing the deep emotional pain most school shooters act on
Just because there is obviously something diminished about her, doesn't mean she can't feel deep hurt or rage, even on meds

I hope someone calls you beautiful and means it, Abby Hernandez.

Maybe her own mother will say something like that to her. But come on, let's be realistic and just hope people don't pick on her.

Just because there is obviously something diminished about her, doesn't mean she can't feel deep hurt or rage, even on meds

I don't doubt her ability to feel, I doubt her ability to articulate that feeling.

Maybe the threat was the end result of a frustrating or upsetting experience and she couldn't think of a better or alternate way to handle her feelings. Or maybe it was just a spur of the moment thought she unwisely acted upon. Really curious about that aspect, actually.

What are the chances this will even go to court? Can they charge her for threatening if the gun is revealed to belong to someone else? Does the recent Florida shooting count as an extenuating circumstance?

A U.S. District Court judge has ruled Abigail Hernandez is entitled to a new bond hearing after ruling she was wrongly denied one previously.

District Court Judge Michael Telesca ruled in a 37-page decision released Friday that the 21-year-old Rochester City School District graduate be given a new bond hearing within the next 10 days, at which the federal government must prove she is a danger to the community.

The court ordered that, if the government fails to prove Hernandez is a threat at that hearing, she is to be released on bail with conditions. If a bond hearing does not take place at all in that time frame, Hernandez is ordered to be released.

Hernandez had been arrested on a felony charge in 2018 after prosecutors say she created a Facebook page and posted that she was going to shoot students at East High.

Hernandez is not a United States citizen and is in the country under DACA status. In November, her request to remain in the United States was denied. The judge in the case expressed sympathy, but said the defense did not prove any points that could provide asylum.

In his ruling, Judge Telesca said federal prosecutors only used the facts surrounding Hernandez's initial arrest to prove she posed a threat to the community in a second bond hearing. Despite presenting “new evidence relating to her criminal record”, the immigration judge overseeing Hernandez's case chose to disregard that evidence, according to the decision.

Judge Telesca said if given asylum in the U.S., Hernandez would return to Rochester. Both citizens and public officers "appear to have provided the assurances...that Hernandez is 'not someone who would potentially relapse to demonstrate the poor judgment she did in sending a very serious threat to her former high school classmates.'” The ruling went on to say that the immigration judge "legally erred because she did not fully consider the evidence before her."

Furthermore, the immigration judge who decided that Hernandez posed a flight risk or posed a danger to the community is required to follow an 8-step assessment of whether a serious risk exists.

The ruling states that the "sole factor" was her "criminal record," despite the fact that Hernandez was granted bond in her state criminal case and both the court and prosecutor in that case did not believe her actions warranted any prison time.

1678396153523.png

From February 23, 2022
Four years after she was arrested by immigration police, Abigail Hernandez is still in custody.

If that name sounds familiar it’s because she was the subject of a big news story here.

Hernandez was 20 years old in special education in the Rochester City School District when she was arrested for posting a threatening note to classmates on Facebook. She pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor and was immediately arrested by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

When immigration released 10 women from the federal jail in Batavia one year ago, Hernandez was kept in custody and moved to Rensselear.

The U.S. government still intends to deport her to Mexico where she hasn’t lived since she was three years old.

"So she’s been in immigrant detention for… actually it’s been so long I’m losing track," Jennifer Connor said.

Connor is the executive director of Justice for Migrant Families in Buffalo.

"Four years," I said.

"Yeah," Connor said. "I can’t believe it’s been that long."

Connor advocates for people like Abigail Hernandez who are locked up on an immigration charge.

"So ICE is looking to deport her to a country she basically does not know," she said.

A day after the mass murder at Stoneman Douglas high school in Florida, Hernandez was accused of sending a threatening post on Facebook.

She pled guilty to reporting a false incident and received a sentence of probation, but that misdemeanor canceled her "dreamer" status, a protection she had since she was brought to the country as a child by her family.

That’s why ICE arrested her. That was in 2018.

"I have to be honest," I said to Connor. "I was surprised when I learned she was still locked up and still in New York."

"Really there’s been so many opportunities for ICE to release her to the care of her family, her community," Connor said. "So this is an active choice. They [ICE] have chosen to continue detaining her."

Last June, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, granted Hernandez another chance at asylum when it ruled an immigration judge in 2018 did not consider the fact that Hernandez has developmental disabilities and would not have adequate protection in Mexico and she could therefore be in a protected social group.

At 5:15 p.m., ICE spokesman Alvin Phillips emailed writing an immigration judge denied Hernandez’s second attempt for asylum in October 2021. The case is now in front of the Board of Immigration Appeals, which also denied Hernandez’s first attempt in 2019.

Phillips wrote Hernandez is "subject for removal" but there is no deportation date until a final order from an immigration court.

Hernandez is in Rensselear because that’s the only county jail in the state with a special agreement to house ICE immigration detainees. Connor says there are two bills in the state legislature that would cancel that agreement.

When the 10 women were released from the federal facility in Batavia one year ago, Connor says Hernandez was held because of her misdemeanor conviction.

Connor says she contacted Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand’s office last year to alert them to Hernandez’s case.

“Senator Gillibrand has forcefully pressed DHS about conditions at the Batavia facility and the status of ICE detainees. Senator Gillibrand is focused on passing legislation that would ensure access to counsel detainees, including those for people with disabilities.” Gillibrand Spokesman Evan Lukaske wrote in a statement.
1678396309718.png

Back