• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2548396/?ref_=nv_sr_5

Orbiting a planet on the brink of war, scientists test a device to solve an energy crisis, and end up face-to-face with a dark alternate reality.

I really have no idea wtf this movie has to do with Cloverfield, even after watching it! And, it doesn't even matter because either way it doesn't make a lot of sense. Yeah, I get the basic plot but what's the point?

Just watch The Phildelphia Experiment. Believe me, there's more of a connection to that than either of the previous Cloverfield related films.

I was thinking about watching it, but now not so much. tho I think I will watch the Philadelphia Experiment, now.

They already made a sequel, 10 cloverfield lane.
I just watched a great movie...The Tiger. Takes place in WWII Korea (or Corea as it was known).
It's a tear jerker though.

Very dissapointing what they did with this. They had made it out that the plan was to do a scifi anthology series featuring movies that had no real connection(other then some insignificant, fun easter eggs) to one another. That's why 10 Cloverfield Lane has no relation to the brilliant Cloverfield.

But it only took them 3 movies to not only try to cash in with a dumb idea stupidly attempting to link it all together, abandoning the anthology idea altogether, but also to deliver a horribly written junk entry into the franchise. It's both a trash, lame premise/plot but it's also horrendously executed.

I had such immensely high hopes after 10 Cloverfield Lane. Really caused me to assume that they would only attach the "Cloverfield" moniker on projects that were of a very high quality. But alas, just 3 movies in and that has proven to most definitely not be the case.

It also commits the mortal sin of explaining away the monster. Instead of the delightfully terrifying notion that there might actually be a huge sea monster lurking in the depths waiting to be woken, we find out that such things only exist in alternate realities/dimensions. The mystery, the "where coudl it have come from?", the "could something like that actually really exist!?", questions of a monster movie are such an integral driving force of what makes them so damn fun. Paradox says fuck ALL of that, we need some netflix dollars! Fucking BARF and SO fucking lame.

Fuck this trash.

Fuck Cloverfield. Shit movies. The best part is when the idiot holding the camera gets gutted. He was seriously annoying.

I hate those shaky camera shots...like Blair Witch.

Now the new Godzilla Movie is gonna be awesome!
Godzilla would stomp the shit out of that goofy looking white freak, then
fry his ass with his atomic breath!

Black Panther is supposed to be awesome as well...I'm going this weekend.

Last edited:
Cloverfield was tripe on a jittercam.
10 Cloverfield Lane was fun with some decent performances.
Cloverfield Paradox was unwatchable.
1 out of 3.
Not a terrific score.

Monsters from other dimensions cries out for The Mist, which I found engaging for the breakdown of society in a few hours.

Fuck Cloverfield. Shit movies. The best part is when the idiot holding the camera gets gutted. He was seriously annoying.

I hate those shaky camera shots...like Blair Witch.

Now the new Godzilla Movie is gonna be awesome!
Godzilla would stomp the shit out of that goofy looking white freak, then
fry his ass with his atomic breath!

Black Panther is supposed to be awesome as well...I'm going this weekend.

The fuck are you talking about? White freak? The next Godzilla movie is supposed to be Godzilla vs King Kong.

And what do you mean "shit movies"? ONly the first Cloverfield was found footage style. If that is your issue, you're missing out big time on not giving 10 Cloverfield Lane a chance.

And Cloverfield was no where near Blair Witches level of trash camera work. Every camera movement was intentional and meant to simulate such a real world disaster. I can understand folks not digging the style, but it was executed brilliantly nonetheless and ends up being worthwhile even if found footage is too jarring and annoying for you usually(i am in that boat).

Black Panther was okay, left a LOT to be desired though. Lame, generic villain with a motivation that mirrors damn near every random innercity thug on the street. ANd Black Panther himself remains the most bland and dull of all the superheros, his spear wielding bald female bodyguard is a vastly cooler character and kicks farrrr more ass.
[doublepost=1519183435,1519183239][/doublepost]
Monsters from other dimensions cries out for The Mist, which I found engaging for the breakdown of society in a few hours.

The Mist is trash featuring some of the worst special effects/CGI in movie history. The social themes you speak of were insultingly and irritatingly heavy handed, totally ruins them.

The ending is pure trash as well. In their efforts to deliver the biggest punch in the nuts ending imaginable they actually managed to provide what overall is a happy ending for mankind. Merely having them drive off into the mist, as these terrifying beasts lurk around them, with no hope for the future or knowledge of what is to come, would have been a VASTLY more terrifying and dark conclusion than the manipulative trash they dimwittedly delivered.

The fuck are you talking about? White freak? The next Godzilla movie is supposed to be Godzilla vs King Kong.

And what do you mean "shit movies"? ONly the first Cloverfield was found footage style. If that is your issue, you're missing out big time on not giving 10 Cloverfield Lane a chance.

And Cloverfield was no where near Blair Witches level of trash camera work. Every camera movement was intentional and meant to simulate such a real world disaster. I can understand folks not digging the style, but it was executed brilliantly nonetheless and ends up being worthwhile even if found footage is too jarring and annoying for you usually(i am in that boat).

Black Panther was okay, left a LOT to be desired though. Lame, generic villain with a motivation that mirrors damn near every random innercity thug on the street. ANd Black Panther himself remains the most bland and dull of all the superheros, his spear wielding bald female bodyguard is a vastly cooler character and kicks farrrr more ass.
[doublepost=1519183435,1519183239][/doublepost]

The Mist is trash featuring some of the worst special effects/CGI in movie history. The social themes you speak of were insultingly and irritatingly heavy handed, totally ruins them.

The ending is pure trash as well. In their efforts to deliver the biggest punch in the nuts ending imaginable they actually managed to provide what overall is a happy ending for mankind. Merely having them drive off into the mist, as these terrifying beasts lurk around them, with no hope for the future or knowledge of what is to come, would have been a VASTLY more terrifying and dark conclusion than the manipulative trash they dimwittedly delivered.

What?
Those movies were straight up trash.
John Goodman had to carry 10 Cloverfield Lane...and he was buckling under the weight of a lousy script.

The first Cloverfield was as original as a turd the day after you eat a couple ears of corn. You've seen it before.

Terrible script, terrible acting, terrible camera work.

Kong Skull Island Was much better...and it was lousy as well.

The next Godzilla movie will be "Godzilla, King of Monsters" (2020)Not Kong.
Kong was like 50ft tall. How the fuck is he going up against a 400ft demi-god?
Watch Shin Godzilla and tell me he wouldn't have fucked that giant dog turd up.

Damn Jack...You better be a fan of Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns.

Last edited:

[doublepost=1519188450,1519187568][/doublepost]Can't fuck with the king Jack!
You see more of the freak in this youtube vid than in the whole fucking movie.
Unacceptable.
[doublepost=1519188966][/doublepost]

Actually what you describe was the original story ending which even Stephen King hates.
The film version was far superior for a few reasons.
Showed how a choice, any choice can go from right to wrong in an instant.
Also how choices are rarely cut and dried.
It even hints at what could have been a far better outcome for him/his family if he had walked Melissa McBride home to her kids at the outset.

Black Panther was fun popcorn and eye candy.
Liked seeing Danai Gurira out of the Michonne role,
plus she is samokin' hot and kicked major ass!

Movies.
Gotta love 'em!

Gamera fan here, those movies were hysterically awful.
YES!
The last 3 films in the series were great!

1-Gamera Guardian of the Universe
2-Gamera,Advent of Legion
3-Gamera, Revenge of Iris

(in reverse order in terms of awesomeness)

The others are laughably bad....but fun. Unfortunately, Godzilla would hand him his ass as well.

Last edited:
John Goodman had to carry 10 Cloverfield Lane...and he was buckling under the weight of a lousy script.

Had to?

Touting the brilliance of John Goodmans INCREDIBLE performance in that movie is hardly a means to criticize it.

And the script was fine. The simplicity of it is one of its strengths. The way they ramped up the suspense and intensity was executed brilliantly, and the movie did a tremendous job making the question over whether Goodmans character truly was a creepo villain, whether there was something bad going on outside, looming for as long as possible. Made for an incredibly fun and interesting movie.

I do have issues with how over the top they took things with the ending. But I still applaud them for not merely going with the expected and generic, "cut to black...leave it open to interpretation" conclusion which I thought for sure i was going to get.

The first Cloverfield was as original as a turd the day after you eat a couple ears of corn. You've seen it before.

Actually i hadnt seen it before. THat's one of the movies strengths. It takes the tiresome monster movie/disaster formula and does something very original and unique with it. It breathed new life into the world of monster movies. Brilliantly executed movie, even if you dislike the found footage visual style.

Kong Skull Island Was much better...and it was lousy as well.

I sincerely dont get you or your bizarre tastes. You criticize Cloverfield for being generic/run of the mill/been there done that, but then go on to praise Skull Island over it. The latter is a far worse offender when it comes to one of your major complaints of Cloverfield.

Damn Jack...You better be a fan of Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns.

Yep, some damn good movies from that subgenre. Although Once Upon A Time In The West is the best spaghetti western, trumps any of the Eastwood classics.

The next Godzilla movie will be "Godzilla, King of Monsters" (2020)Not Kong.
Kong was like 50ft tall. How the fuck is he going up against a 400ft demi-god?

Skull Island establishes the new Kong in question as far bigger than that.

And I may have been wrong. It was announced that a shared universe IS planned(end credit scene of Skull Island already establishes this) and that a Kong vs Godzilla movie IS rumored to be on the near horizon. But it appears the next Godzilla is going to going to feature the traditional Zilla monsters. I would not be surprised if Kong makes a surprise appearance of some sort though, or if the followup film is in fact Godzilla vs Kong.

Actually what you describe was the original story ending which even Stephen King hates.

I know, and it is VASTLY more grim and horrifying, and dark.

Showed how a choice, any choice can go from right to wrong in an instant.

I dont know anyone who felt murdering his own son was a right choice in the first place.

And how is this some strong, worthwhile theme to establish/explore? Is there anyone who doesnt fully grasp that yes, what seems good at the time can very quickly turn out to have been a horrible mistake. You're essentially praising the movie for telling us, "hey, hindsight exists! and shit can turn south real quick sometimes!!!!" Absurd.

The film version was far superior for a few reasons.

If you like shallow, manipulative, moronic conclusions, sure.

Last edited:
I know, and it is VASTLY more grim and horrifying, and dark.

I dont know anyone who felt murdering his own son was a right choice in the first place.

And how is this some strong, worthwhile theme to establish/explore? Is there anyone who doesnt fully grasp that yes, what seems good at the time can very quickly turn out to have been a horrible mistake. You're essentially praising the movie for telling us, "hey, hindsight exists! and shit can turn south real quick sometimes!!!!" Absurd.

If you like shallow, manipulative, moronic conclusions, sure.

Typical blowhard response.
Anything you disagree with you dismiss.
Childish parameters frankly.
Or as some would say with it coming from you...expected.

Typical blowhard response.
Anything you disagree with you dismiss.
Childish parameters frankly.
Or as some would say with it coming from you...expected.

Uh no i disagreed with it because it's outrageously fucking stupid.

I prefer my movies to have more substance and thought put into them. I'm not dismissing your awful tastes if you feel different and prefer the type of shallow, dimwitted junk that fills The Mist. You are free to dig that trash, just don't throw a hissy fit when someone rightly and accurately critiques said movie/tastes.

Uh no i disagreed with it because it's outrageously fucking stupid.

I prefer my movies to have more substance and thought put into them. I'm not dismissing your awful tastes if you feel different and prefer the type of shallow, dimwitted junk that fills The Mist. You are free to dig that trash, just don't throw a hissy fit when someone rightly and accurately critiques said movie/tastes.

Oh sorry I forgot how right and important you are.
I bow before your greatness

lol...I love reading Jacks posts! Even if he did poop on me twice ;) Oops..I mean 3 times.

I sincerely dont get you or your bizarre tastes. You criticize Cloverfield for being generic/run of the mill/been there done that, but then go on to praise Skull Island over it. The latter is a far worse offender when it comes to one of your major complaints of Cloverfield

But I never criticized John Goodman...He's a fantastic actor. I just said the script weighed on him. Anyone else in that role and that movie is utter crap instead of just crap.
[doublepost=1519494434,1519493580][/doublepost]I never praised Skull Island. I said it wasn't as bad as Cloverfield but still crap.

I do have some bizarre tastes in movies...but hey, why not?

In the original (and best) Kong movie...he was 35 ft tall. In the next remake he was 50ft tall...but 400ft tall? Thats quite a jump. They must be going with that hollow earth theory thing they mentioned. And Tom Hiddleman was a huge casting blunder.
[doublepost=1519496556][/doublepost]
Actually i hadnt seen it before. THat's one of the movies strengths. It takes the tiresome monster movie/disaster formula and does something very original and unique with it. It breathed new life into the world of monster movies. Brilliantly executed movie, even if you dislike the found footage visual style.

Seriously? Original? The movie you take your name and avatar fron was 10x better than any of the ones you mentioned.

Most, if not all giant monster movies have the exact same plot.
Monster appears and wreaks Havoc on whatever city(NY in Cloverfield). The military is useless, and the humans find a way to either destroy said monster or live in a post apocalyptic world.

What was so original about Cloverfield? Same plot...except if I'm not mistaken they lob a nuke at it. Wow. And that Statue of Liberty head is about 5 times too small.

Last edited:
Seriously? Original? The movie you take your name and avatar fron was 10x better than any of the ones you mentioned.

So? Other movies can't be great as well even if they dont compare to the 2nd greatest movie of all time?

What was so original about Cloverfield? Same plot...except if I'm not mistaken they lob a nuke at it. Wow. And that Statue of Liberty head is about 5 times too small.

The story doesnt bring much new to the table, but the execution of it is where the originality lies. At no point does the movie provide any exposition to explain away or even theorize where this came from, which is unlike what these types of flicks usually do. The fount footage style also is quite unique. The way the monster shows up, the way the horror and mystery of it all unfolds, the effort to showcase how such a bizarre and terrifying incident would effect normal everyday people felt very authentic, i could go on, all make for an original take on the otherwise tired monster movie formula. There was plenty that separated Cloverfield from your common, rjun of the mill monster/disaster movie.

The brilliant Cloverfield? This explains everything about you to me lol.

Must tell you a lot about the majority of the movie viewing public, because the movie overall received quite positive reactions(both critically and from common everyday normal audiences).

Not to mention how absurd it is to base explanations of literally "everything" about a person on a single movie viewpoint. Every single post you make is so overflowing with ignorance and absurdity, I'm pretty positive at this point you are simply a petty troll with nothing of actual substance to say.

Not to mention how absurd it is to base explanations of literally "everything" about a person on a single movie viewpoint. Every single post you make is so overflowing with ignorance and absurdity, I'm pretty positive at this point you are simply a petty troll with nothing of actual substance to say.[/QUOTE]

Yet all Ireland is terrorist trash lol.. basing shit on your own ignorance and absurdity might have just started this little man lol. Doesn't matter you cant bring me down today anyway..not today of all days, anybody can be a prick and leave crap ratings on ppl's comments simply for the purpose of being a prick. I wont do that to you because I don't have the time to waste just because I really dislike you.
[doublepost=1519906679,1519906648][/doublepost]Oh yeh and the movie was absolute fucking garbage deal with it

I don't have the time to waste just because I really dislike you.

You got plenty of time to post completely offtopic, trollish comments and derail numerous threads though?

This prob comes as a surprise to you, but unlike yourself, most of us here would actually like to engage in intelligent discussions and avoid childish little tantrums and insults and so forth. Your repeated attempts to hijack threads with your bullshit are not appreciated by anyone.

Please stop visiting the site. Thank you.

You think Big Trouble in Little China is the 2nd best movie of all time?
That's all I needed to hear.:rolleyes:
@JackBurton likes to make sweeping generalizations...like the thread where he shits on the Irish.Classic trolling behavior. But who really cares?

Let him...I think it's hilarious.

I'm having a great day as well...just brought home my Dodge Challenger RT with the V8 Hemi! This Car hauls ass! Did 0-60 in 5.1 secs!:devil:
[doublepost=1519939446,1519937767][/doublepost]
Gamera fan here, those movies were hysterically awful.
Heres the new GAMERA:

Ugh terrible effects, looks like a videogame. So fake.

Really wish Asian cinema would raise their quality. The budgets hurt em I suppose. That said, there were some cool effects at work in that most recent Godzilla movie, although the pacing was absolute junk.

You think Big Trouble in Little China is the 2nd best movie of all time?
That's all I needed to hear.

Might be too high brow for you, or perhaps you just dont like great action or comedy movies. To each their own.

You got plenty of time to post completely offtopic, trollish comments and derail numerous threads though?

This prob comes as a surprise to you, but unlike yourself, most of us here would actually like to engage in intelligent discussions and avoid childish little tantrums and insults and so forth. Your repeated attempts to hijack threads with your bullshit are not appreciated by anyone.

Please stop visiting the site. Thank you.

your making a big deal about a shit movie and your trolling me leaving bad ratings but maybe your right I should stop visiting the jackburton site. cya guys

lol... man, I see ignoring people is still an issue.

Oh, and Cloverfield was awesome, Cloverfield Lane was good even had they not shoe-horned Cloverfield into it (the original movie had nothing to do with Cloverfield), and Cloverfield Paradox looks exactly like it is -- a crappy Sci-Fi movie that they shoe-horned Cloverfield into to make more money (like Lane, the original had nothing to do with Cloverfield but now you can see where they added the shots to make it so).

And while not my second best film, Big Trouble in Little China is definitely in my top 25. Still one of the best action comedies ever made, though.

Back