• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

araisner

SRTon7N.jpg

pvAJS8i.jpg

Hell of a meth face going on there.

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/baby-boy-fighting-for-his-life-mother-boyfriend-arrested

A Delaware County woman and her boyfriend are in jail, after police say they put her baby boy in the hospital. All of this less than two weeks before his first birthday.

Arrest reports say Moore's boyfriend struck the baby's head against a bedroom wall at least five times in mid January.

Reports also state the baby had head trauma called black brain, caused by being hit or shaken, which was not accidental. It also said Moore did not seek emergency medical care for her son. We're told Abdurahman said they were the only two people around him at the time.

Moore says his daughter also has an 8-year-old son. "She's a great mother. She's always good to them. Does stuff with them. She loves her kids to death," Moore said. (I guess he means literally, rather than figuratively.)

I cut out a lot of it, but the mother's dad is on the defense at the link. World's best mother and world's best boyfriend -- who knows how the baby's brain got pummeled into applesauce, right?

http://www.inquisitr.com/2752890/ba...se-of-child-abuse-mom-and-boyfriend-arrested/

It has been reported that officials with the Delaware County Sheriff’s Office were contacted after a neurosurgeon at the Nationwide Children’s Hospital operated on the baby. The operation uncovered a number disturbing details about the baby’s injuries. He’d reportedly sustained a “right occipital fracture, subdural hematoma,” defined as a buildup of blood between the brain and its casing, and a “right cerebrum fracture with a mid-line shift,” according to the publication. The neurosurgeon referred to the baby’s condition as “black brain,” which is a form of head trauma that can only be caused by violently shaking and/or hitting a child in the head.

"Please give that child peace. Please don't put him on a vent."
I silently prayed as I read this article.

I have no words today. It's just incredible how beautiful children are treated by some folks.

Phoenyx? If mothers would only spend more time thinking of parenting skills and less time dreaming up pretentious names with Y's.

@araisner @Abroad @Muriel Schwenck @cubby
Dec. 16, 2016

Abdurahman Mohamed Abdurahman, 24, entered an Alford Plea to the charges at a hearing in November, meaning he is maintaining his innocence but acknowledging that the evidence is strong enough that he’d likely be found guilty and was taking the plea agreement to get a lighter sentence.

At an earlier hearing Assistant Delaware County Prosecutor Doug Dumolt said that on Jan. 13, Abdurahman and his then-girlfriend, Natasha Moore, 29, rushed to a local children’s hospital because Moore’s son, Phoenyx was unresponsive. Phoenyx was admitted and immediately given life-saving medical treatment.

However, the doctors diagnosed Phoenyx with retinal separation, a condition caused by the separation of layers of the eye, and contacted Delaware County Job and Family Services to file a report of abuse since the condition is commonly linked to abused or shaken babies.

At the sentencing hearing, Assistant Delaware County Prosecutor Douglas Dumolt gave Delaware County Common Pleas Judge David Gormley an update on the health of the infant who Abdurahman allegedly abused.

Dumolt reported that Phoenyx is in an assisted-living facility and is mentally diminished. He reported that Phoenyx has made small improvements since he was taken to the hospital in January but said the boy will never live up to the potential of other children.

Dumolt said the case was “tragic,” and said that while Abdurahman entered the plea he did so to avoid a harsher sentence and not because of genuine remorse.

Abdurahman also spoke at the sentencing hearing and said he was “extremely remorseful.”

“I take full responsibility for not seeking medical attention soon,” Abdurahman said. “I fell in love with him when I first met him. I’m willing to do everything I can to right my wrong.”

Before reading the sentence, Gormley said he didn’t know what to make of Abdurahman’s remorse and said that while Phoenyx may make small improvements throughout his life he will never fully recover.

Ultimately, Gormley went along with the plea agreement and sentenced Abdurahman to four years in prison for the felonious assault charge and 11 months for the attempted endangering children charge.
http://www.delgazette.com/news/42669/man-sentenced-in-child-abuse-case

Dec. 31, 2016

A Delaware woman was sentenced to three years of community control after she pleaded guilty to an endangering children charge in Delaware County Common Pleas Court.

Natasha Moore, 29, appeared in court on Wednesday to be sentenced on one count of endangering children, a fourth-degree felony.

Moore entered a guilty plea to the endangering children charge at a hearing on Nov. 15 and said she regretted not taking him sooner. The plea was part of an agreement with prosecutors and in return an additional endangering children charge was dismissed.

At the hearing Gormley sentenced Moore to three years of community control and 40 hours of community service.

Moore has since been released from the Delaware County Jail.
http://www.delgazette.com/news/4423...rs-community-control-for-endangering-children

Last edited:
Back