• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
On Nov. 16, 1999, the son of former Carolina Panther Rae Carruth was supposed to die.

Instead, Chancellor Lee Adams is about to turn 18 years old.

Chancellor Lee will reach this landmark as a gentle young man. He has lived his entire life in Charlotte protected and emboldened by a loving grandmother, Saundra Adams, who has raised him from birth.

The party she has planned for her grandson is not a traditional 18th birthday party, but Chancellor Lee Adams is not your typical 18-year-old.

He smiles more, for one thing. He also has cerebral palsy and permanent brain damage owing to the trauma of an emergency birth that deprived him of blood and oxygen.

For his party, Chancellor Lee plans to go to a pumpkin farm in the Charlotte area, accompanied by a couple of his friends from his therapeutic horse-riding class.

“Chancellor will be in the starring role,” Saundra Adams says, beaming. “And he deserves that. You only get to be 18 once.”

We are sitting together in Charlotte’s Freedom Park along with Chancellor Lee. It is early November. The leaves are turning from green to gold. Chancellor Lee used his walker – pausing to carefully navigate a 2-inch divot in the asphalt – to make it to the bench where he now sits.

Saundra and Chancellor Lee look happy. It has been a good year. This is in part because the extreme generosity of strangers and friends – shepherded by an NFL assistant coach in San Francisco who once was close to Carruth – that has allowed the Adamses to buy a brand new home in Charlotte.

Would Chancellor Lee like to meet his father on the day he is released?

“Yeah!” he says.

“He knows about it,” Saundra Adams adds. “We’ve talked about it a lot.”

And, with a little more than 11 months to go before Carruth’s expected release, that remains the Adams’ plan. They want to meet Carruth at the prison gates when he finally becomes a free man.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article184582583.html
Chancellor%20Lee%20Adams.jpg

The fact that Cherica’s mother has the ability to put her own feelings aside in order to grant her grandson’s wishes, is amazing.

He set her up to be murdered. He lured her to the spot.

Personally, I hope Carruth’s bitch ass hated going from $50k per game to a fucking dollar per day, cutting hair.

He didn’t want her once she was pregnant. (HEY ASSHOLE, YOU CAN ALSO WRAP IT, BOTH PARTNERS CAN PROTECT THEMSELVES FROM BABY MAKING!)

He decided instead of paying child support, a few bullets would be the answer.

The son that HE HIMSELF caused injury to, the reason this child is handicapped, still wants to love you. You DO NOT deserve his love.

Heartbreaking. Rae, I hope you drive off a cliff. I hope you suffer for days, agonizing, languishing wanting death to come swift. But it doesn’t.

And that boy gets millions from your estate. Enough to pay for all the rehab he’s going to need for his entire life.

Fuck you Carruth.

I'm grateful he has his grandmother to watch over him, and I hope he does get to meet him.
If that's his wish, I hope that man can come within a fraction of even being worthy to be in his presence.

I hate that he wants to, though. Bless his little heart <3:pout:

ETA: Double Fuck Carruth.

I remember when this happened :bigtears:. That young man is such a beautiful soul and I too hope he gets to meet him and when he does (Rae), I hope he bawls like a baby and then goes home and kills himself.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/impris...yer-rae-carruth-breaks-silence-195551499.html

Eight months before he is set to be released from a North Carolina prison, former Carolina Panthers receiver Rae Carruth has given his first prison interview in years.

Now 44 years old, Carruth has spent over 17 years at the Sampson Correctional Institution in Clinton, North Carolina, roughly 170 miles east of Charlotte. In January 2001, Carruth was convicted of conspiracy to commit murder and other charges, after he paid another man to shoot Cherica Adams on Nov. 16, 1999.

Adams was eight months pregnant with Carruth’s son; she was shot four times. The baby, Chancellor Lee, was delivered by emergency C-section and suffered permanent brain damage due to a lack of oxygen before he was born. Adams died a month later.

Saundra Adams, Cherica’s mother, has been raising Chancellor Adams since he was born.

Carruth sent a 3,000-word handwritten letter to WBTV in Charlotte, addressed to Saundra Adams; he also, after some discussion, agreed to an on-the-record interview with reporter Sarah-Blake Morgan via telephone.

Carruth also included a cover letter, which he began by writing that he’s “accepted my lot as a social pariah,” but that he wanted to debunk the lies he believes Saundra Adams has told about him.

After thanking Adams for the “unconditional care, compassion, love, and support” that she has “showered” Chancellor with since he was born.

Carruth said he’s sent letters to Adams before, but hasn’t gotten any responses. So he sent the letter to the television station.

“I feel like if I did it in the open, it would put an end to the lies. If I say publicly, ‘Ms. Adams, I apologize. Ms. Adams, I take responsibility for what happened,’ that she can no longer get on television and do an interview and say ‘Rae has never apologized to me,’ ” Carruth told the reporter, Morgan.

Carruth would not speak specifically about the night Cherica Adams was shot, though he did offer some apologies.

“I’m apologizing for the loss of her daughter. I’m apologizing for the impairment of my son,” Carruth said. “I feel responsible for everything that happened. And I just want her to know that truly I am sorry for everything.”

Carruth has met Chancellor twice, when he was a young boy; he celebrated his 18th birthday a couple of months ago.

He said that when he gets out of prison he wants to help care for his son; in his letter, he tells Adams that she won’t live forever.

Adams told WBTV that Carruth will “never” have custody of Chancellor.

And we’ve told you about all we want about Carruth. You can read his letter.

But if you’d like to read something truly great, read this about Chancellor as he approached his 18th birthday, or this piece from Sports Illustrated, “The boy they couldn’t kill.”

I would file for a restraining order and not let him anywhere near Chancellor.

Asshole, just an asshole, telling Chancellor's grandmother he wants to help take car of Chancellor because she won't live forever. I would try to fix it where he never gets to see him, ever.

He said that when he gets out of prison he wants to help care for his son; in his letter, he tells Adams that she won’t live forever.

Great choice of words coming from a stone cold killer.

Former NFL player Rae Carruth sent a letter from prison saying he will no longer pursue a relationship with his son once he is released.

Carruth, who was a wide receiver for the Carolina Panthers, has been in prison for the last 17 years after he orchestrated the murder of his pregnant girlfriend, Cherica Adams.

A hitman shot Adams four times when she was 29 weeks pregnant with Carruth's son, Chancellor Lee Adams.

Chancellor was born 10 weeks premature in an emergency cesarean section that left him with brain damage and cerebral palsy. Adams died four weeks after she was shot due to her injuries.

Carruth wrote: 'For all involved or invested in this ordeal, please calm down.

'I will no longer be pursuing a relationship with Chancellor and Ms. Adams. I promise to leave them be, which I now see is in everyone's best interest.'

Carruth asked a reporter for the North Carolina newspaper to give Saundra Adams, Cherica's mother and legal guardian of Chancellor, a copy of the four-page letter.

She said she had no comment at the time to the letter.

Carruth will be released from prison in October and says he will not seek out a relationship with his 18-year-old son.k
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5453171/Rae-Carruth-said-not-pursue-custody-son.html

https://abc13.com/4534600/?sf200515596=1
10/22/18
CAROLINA --
Nearly two decades after hiring men to kill his pregnant girlfriend, former Carolina Panther wide receiver Rae Carruth walked out of prison a free man.

Just after 8 a.m. Monday, Carruth walked out of the prison gate, got into a white SUV, and drove off.
Rae Carruth was found guilty in 2001 for conspiracy to murder his pregnant girlfriend, Cherica Adams, in 1999.

There was a smattering of applause from assembled supporters and family members as he climbed into a large white SUV and was whisked away from the prison.

Carruth, now 44, told WSOC-TV on Sunday: 'I'm excited about just being out of here.

'I'm nervous just about how I'll be received by the public.'

'I still have to work. I still have to live.

'I have to exist out there and it just seems like there is so much hate and negativity toward me.

'I'm actually somewhat frightened.'

Carruth has repeatedly said he wants to have a relationship with his son.

In a letter to and phone interview with Charlotte television station WBTV in February, Carruth said, 'I take full responsibility for everything.

'I should be raising my son. His mother should be raising her son. Ms. Adams should not be doing this and I want that responsibility back.'

However in March he sent a letter from prison saying he will no longer pursue a relationship with his son once he is released.

He wrote: 'For all involved or invested in this ordeal, please calm down.

'I will no longer be pursuing a relationship with Chancellor and Ms. Adams. I promise to leave them be, which I now see is in everyone's best interest.'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...urder-pregnant-girlfriend-released-today.html

If you took responsibility for what you did, people would hate you less, dumb ass.

Monday was a big day for one of Charlotte’s favorite sons.
1605695173435.png

Twenty-one years ago, Chancellor Lee Adams was the target of a murder plot by his father, former Carolina Panther Rae Carruth, when he was still in his mother’s womb.
1605694909527.png
1605695110110.png

New information has surfaced about a murder case that has gripped the Queen City community for over two decades.
The triggerman in a plot to kill of girlfriend of former Carolina Panther Rae Carruth has died. Van Brett Watkins was sentenced to more than 50 years behind bars for shooting and killing Cherica Adams.

Adams was pregnant with Carruth’s child in 1999 when he plotted to have her killed. She died -- but their child, Chancellor Adams survived the shooting.

Watkins passed away in prison last Sunday.
Veteran crime reporter Glenn Counts was able to catch up with Saundra Adams, Cherica’s mother, who was surprised to hear of Watkins’ passing.

“It’s no coincidence that to me he passed away 24 years ago in December after he took my daughter’s life, and that Chancellor is now 24 years old,” Saundra Adams said.

Saundra Adams believes that Watkins was sincere and told Counts that over the past year, he had reached out to her, asking her to come visit him.

“He sent me the visitation papers, and I really prayed about it, and I decided against it,” Saundra Adams said. “I thought I had a lot of questions to ask him, but none of the questions are going to bring my daughter back.”

View attachment 43973View attachment 43974

Such a handsome young man with a brilliant smile. His sperm donor should have been proud of having such a beautiful son, but he wasn't. I hope he keeps his word and stays away, but we know what the word of murderer is worth.

Back