• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A horse rider was 'millimetres' from death after her stallion kicked her 'square in the face'.

Becca Brown, 33, was riding her Dutch warmblood Gibson after eight weeks of rest when he bucked and kicked her with his metal-booted hoof.

The Royal Navy officer was taken to Gloucestershire Royal Hospital with a cracked skull, fractured cheek bones, eye sockets and smashed nose.

She had to undergo a seven-hour operation to rebuild the bridge of her nose and pin her broken eye sockets after the incident on February 4.

Her nose was so badly broken consultants compared it to 'sticking cornflakes together'.

The operation included taking a bone graft from her hip and using metal 'links' to hold her eye sockets together.

But just a fortnight later she is out of hospital and looking to ride Gibson again.

'I'm a survivor', she said. 'I want to get better and help Gibson recover too so we can get back to competing.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5408451/Horse-rider-33-INCH-death.html
495FB88400000578-0-image-m-7_1519043158955.jpg

I used to want to be around horses all the time, but a several accidents like this (one fatal) have put me off. :(

OMG! I'll bet he was beautiful!

And as for old Gibson, I think he just might be tired of having folks sitting on his back, he said, GET OFF ME! :rolleyes: and he meant it!
He wasn't being ridden, he was being lead to pasture in a very fractious mood from being cooped up in his stall during bad weather. The owner let out the line and he plunged ahead bucking. She won't do that again.

Last edited:
My college roommate had the arch of her foot broken by a horse casually stepping on it ::shudder::

Back