• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A three-year-old girl 'froze to death' at a nursery school on Friday after her teacher 'forgot to bring her inside after playtime'.

Zakhra Rzayeva's body was found behind a high pile of snow in the playground of the Moscow kindergarten, according to reports. The temperature was around minus five degrees Celsius outside the kindergarten.

'Kindergarten teachers forgot a three-year-old girl outdoors after a walk,' reported Mash news outlet citing sources in the nursery school, known as Kindergarten number 2120.

'They remembered about her only two hours later.'

The kindergarten staff 'rushed out' to look for her. 'The girl was found behind a snowdrift - she was dead.' An ambulance was called but she was found to be dead.

A major investigation has been launched into the girl's tragic death involving Russia's Investigative Committee, which deals with serious crimes.

Teachers and staff were being interrogated.

The child's parents Rizvan Rzayev and Gulnara Shakhadat were too distressed to speak.

Teachers had denied to him the child was outside alone for too long.

'Detective work will establish that.'

A source at the kindergarten declined to go into details but said the child was found lying in the snow and staff had tried unsuccessfully to revive her.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5400643/Moscow-girl-froze-death-teacher-left-outside.html

This type of crime/tragedy isn't limited to Russia. We have had plenty of our own frozen babies/children.
Very true, it just seems to me that oftentimes in Russian cases, the crimes committed there seem to be a secondhand result of the entire population caring less about women and children than most. But you're right.

What was so absolutely necessary that they had to go on a walk at MINUS 5 degrees? o_O

I'm sure that -5 is normal for them in winter and they're used to it, but damn taking 3yos out in it for any reason that isn't absolutely necessary.

What was so absolutely necessary that they had to go on a walk at MINUS 5 degrees? o_O

I'm sure that -5 is normal for them in winter and they're used to it, but damn taking 3yos out in it for any reason that isn't absolutely necessary.

My 5 year old is in kindergarten and her class goes for nature walks 3 days/week, even in the cold. Our threshold for not letting children outside is -25. There are 2 teachers per class, and they keep one at the front of the kids and one at the back. No way would they not notice a child missing for that amount of time.

-25 I cannot imagine how cold that is. But I'm from the South where the coldest is generally in the plus 30 degree area. But I guess if you live in cold like that you can't stay in the house all the time.

It has been in the 60's and 70's this past week here, fairly warm for February, even here.

-25 is the threshold here (western New York) for closing the schools - I think because many of the students walk in. They don't have them outside in anything like that kind of cold though.

-5 Celsius is 23 Fahrenheit. -25 Celsius is -13 Fahrenheit.

Going the other way, -5 Fahrenheit is -21 Celsius and -25 Fahrenheit is -32 Celsius.

--Al
plenty cold

Back