• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Turd Fergusen

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Couple’s life savings go down with sunken sailboat

Tanner Broadwell and Nikki Walsh (inset) on their sailboat. The vessel sank this week, taking down their investment with it. Nikki Walsh

Their boat sank — but their dream did not.

A ditzy Colorado couple whose vessel went underwater just a day after they embarked on what they hoped would be a carefree life sailing the seas begged for help Saturday on a GoFundMe page.

“We are not giving up on our dreams!” wrote Nikki Walsh, 24, seeking $10,000 to rescue the battered 28-foot boat she shared with boyfriend Tanner Broadwell, 26, and their 2-year-old pug, Remy.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2018/02/10/couples-life-savings-go-down-with-sunken-sailboat/

These dumbasses. "Money isn't everything!" And then with no sense of irony asking for $10,000 of other people's hard earned money. Which they've already surpassed in 3 days because fuck it, everybody, let's not let the idiots learn a tough life lesson and hopefully gain some common sense before they hit the water next time.

Who in their right mind would contribute to this foolishness?
You sank it...you pay for it to be salvaged.
Everyone wants something for nothing these days...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...AH HAA...HAAAA HA....BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Sailing without experience.

Sounds fun!
Let's all go!

Also for those not from the area, look where they got in trouble... They were in Tarpon Springs (top of pic) and sank going through John's Pass, which is near the red point at the bottom. Which means essentially that they were skirting the coastline all the way down, in that little area between the main coastline and the narrow strip of land to the west, and then ran aground trying to pass through that last little bit of land and over into the Gulf of Mexico. DIDN'T EVEN REACH OPEN WATER.

These people are fools, and this dream will not end well for them. You can't just up and decide to live on a boat with no boating experience.

soygjUV.jpg

Couple’s life savings go down with sunken sailboat

Tanner Broadwell and Nikki Walsh (inset) on their sailboat. The vessel sank this week, taking down their investment with it. Nikki Walsh

Their boat sank — but their dream did not.

A ditzy Colorado couple whose vessel went underwater just a day after they embarked on what they hoped would be a carefree life sailing the seas begged for help Saturday on a GoFundMe page.

“We are not giving up on our dreams!” wrote Nikki Walsh, 24, seeking $10,000 to rescue the battered 28-foot boat she shared with boyfriend Tanner Broadwell, 26, and their 2-year-old pug, Remy.

Full Story:
https://nypost.com/2018/02/10/couples-life-savings-go-down-with-sunken-sailboat/
Between them, they don't have a fully functioning brain ..

I honestly hope no gives to their GoFundMe ..
[doublepost=1518481574,1518481437][/doublepost]
WOW ! I need to start one of these "go fund me" things. I really want to pay off my house 29 years early...
Me too, Mr. Manes could use a new car and I don't want to dip into our savings ..
Do you have the link so I can go sign up?

What the fuck... They have already surpassed their goal of $10,000.
2r3jeya.jpg

Stupid Colorado kids and their crazy ideas.. they obviously didn't learn to sail out here. LOL

I'm so glad you all found this as absurd and I did. I first saw it as a legit NYPost.com story and couldn't believe someone was even reporting it as "news". Knowing that many people gave them more money does not bode well with me.

Not as bad but close to the younger couple here that opened a restaurant 6 month's ago. It failed and now they are running a crowd funding page to raise $20,000 for them to open their "next restaurant". Seriously!

It would be nice if a bunch of people just sent me some money, I'm driving a 2000 Blazer, I have had it since 2001, drives great, but I'm so afraid it's gonna go terminal before too much longer, then I'll be walking, but I am really not optimistic that folks will just send me money. Guess maybe I should ask for something stupid like a Jaguar, maybe I'll get that.

A couple of bumbling idiots. Lets hit the high seas on a 50 yr old boat. With not a lick of experience. Or a lick of sense. Still have not learned their lesson.

Gee GoFund me...please raise money for my grandkids to have a house they always have a place to call home. I mean if we are all Dreamin on the Demon and all lol.

Because when you're trusting a wooden vessel to live in while being tossed around by the ocean like driftwood, you don't need any experience at all... :sarcasm:

To whoever gave them all the gofundme funds, these two idiots are quite likely to kill themselves, as they obviously don't have the first clue what the fuck they're doing.

Latest posts

Back