• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/latest-news/article54009775.html

Authorities in Anderson County say a 23-year-old woman faces a murder charge in the death of her newborn, whose body was found in a field.

The Anderson County Sheriff's Office says in a news release Sunday that Joanie Faith Holcombe is charged with murder and unauthorized removal of a dead body. She's being held at the Anderson County Detention Center.

The sheriff's office says her bond hearing has been delayed until Tuesday due to health reasons.

It wasn't clear Sunday if Holcombe has an attorney. A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office said she didn't know, and there was no answer and no voice mail at a phone number attached to the address listed on warrants.

The warrants say the newborn was left in the field between Dec. 13, 2015, and Saturday, when a man discovered the body. The warrants say Holcombe said she gave birth and placed the child in a plastic bag, causing her to asphyxiate.

Chief Deputy Coroner Charlie Boseman has said the placenta and umbilical cord were still attached, indicating the baby was full-term.

Sheriff John Skipper Jr. says South Carolina's safe haven law is meant to prevent such deaths. Under the law, a person can leave their baby, up to 30 days old, with an attendant at any hospital, emergency medical services provider, law enforcement agency, fire station or worship center.

"I don't know this young mother's exact situation, but I do know others who find themselves with an unwanted newborn have viable options," he said.

Last edited:
SAFE. HAVEN. Make a damned billboard. I'll save my money, rent one in every town, and then maybe I can sleep better knowing I've done something. :(

This made me physically sick reading this. Now is making me want to find her and do what she did to her baby.. I hope she gets max sentencing. Fucking cunt!!

This made me physically sick reading this. Now is making me want to find her and do what she did to her baby.. I hope she gets max sentencing. Fucking cunt!!
This ham beast needs to be dead. I don't give a flying fuck what her situation was. Putting your newborn in a motherfucking plastic bag is never the answer. Poor baby.

Have any mothers ever in the history of safe havens actually left their baby at one???

I'm not talking about the ones that found a loophole and dropped off teens. I'm talking about babies.

http://www.sfgate.com/nation/article/Families-dump-teens-under-new-safe-haven-law-3267153.php
Todd Landry, Director of the Division of Children and Family Services with the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services, left, speaks at a news conference in Lincoln, Neb., Thursday, Sept. 25, 2008, with other civic leaders behind him. Eleven children ranging in age from 1 to 17 were left at hospitals Wednesday, Sept. 24, 2008, under Nebraska's unique safe haven law, which allows caregivers to abandon not only infants but also teenagers without fear of prosecution. Nine of the children came from one family. The five boys and four girls were left by their father, who was not identified, at Creighton University Medical Center's emergency room. Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman has called for changes to the safe haven law, but the Legislature does not meet until January.(AP Photo/Nati Harnik)

Last edited:
Name in title of thread is wrong

Jul 13, 2017

A woman pleaded guilty Thursday and was sentenced for killing her newborn baby girl.

Joanie Faith Holcombe was charged with murder and unauthorized removal of a dead body, investigators said.

Holcombe gave birth to a baby girl in her trailer in Anderson County in December 2015 when she was 23, Solicitor David Wagner said.

Holcombe delivered the baby on her own and put the baby in the toilet, Wagner said.

When the baby cried, Holcombe put her in a trash bag causing the infant to suffocate, Wagner said.

Holcombe buried the baby in the woods. She had to rebury her after dogs dug up the body, according to Wagner.

Wagner said a passerby found the decomposed body and contacted law enforcement.

The solicitor said Holcombe confessed to the child’s death.

An autopsy confirmed asphyxia was the baby’s cause of death and her body had canine teeth marks.

Judge Lawton McIntosh sentenced Holcombe to 50 years in prison.

The judge said homicide by child abuse is not a parole eligible offense so Holcombe will serve the entire sentence.

“What makes this case even more tragic is that Ms. Holcombe could have avoided any prosecution and prevented the senseless death of a newborn by taking advantage of South Carolina’s Safe Haven Law,” Wagner said.
http://www.wyff4.com/article/woman-...oilet-letting-her-die-in-plastic-bag/10304235
joanie-holcombe-1499982003.jpg

Back