• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!

A Colorado Springs woman who admitted she didn't secure a loaded pistol that her 3-year-old son used to shoot his 2-year-old brother has learned her sentence.

Monica Abeyta, 31, will serve four years on supervised probation as a result of a plea bargain accepted by a judge Monday in 4th Judicial District Court.

All charges against her will be dismissed if she stays out of trouble and keeps up with other requirements while on probation, including an agreement not to use illegal drugs.

Colorado Springs police were called to the woman's home in early June after the older toddler found Abeyta's pistol in a backpack and accidentally shot his brother in the back, police said in an arrest affidavit. At the time, Abeyta was showering or preparing to shower. She said she normally kept the weapon in a lockbox but had removed it and placed it in her bag the night before after hearing a noise.

Authorities said Abeyta admitted she had used marijuana the previous night and had a history of methamphetamine use. Since her arrest, she has passed her drug tests and has nearly completed a drug treatment course, her attorney said. She told the court she also has found a job and purchased a home.

In October, she pleaded guilty to two counts of child abuse, one a felony and one a misdemeanor, and admitted her negligence as part of a dependency and neglect case opened by child welfare workers in the wake of the shooting.
http://www.kktv.com/content/news/Co...un-son-used-to-shoot-the-other-473874263.html
monica-abeyta.jpg

She'll screw up.
She will still do drugs and have a gun.

Remove the surviving child now
then seal this dope in behind a brick wall.

I thought it was a raccoon with those black eyes and all.

Who takes a shower with a 3yo and 2yo loose in the house? I would have waited or got up early while these two still slept.

Back