• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
Andrew Hoffman, 31 was sentenced to three terms of life in prison for beating a woman to death with a small baseball bat.

Hoffman, pleaded guilty Tuesday in the killing of 35-year-old Margeaux Greenwald of Boynton Beach. Charged with first-degree murder with a deadly weapon, kidnapping and robbery, he took the deal to avoid a death penalty trial set to begin next week.

He had faced long odds at trial because prosecutors had strong DNA evidence and expected testimony from co-defendant Herbert Savell, 29.

In December, Savell took a deal for a 60-year prison term. Prosecutors blamed both men for the horrific last hours of Greenwald’s life on June 5, 2014.

The victim and roommates Savell and Hoffman got high together on pills and cocaine. The two men then hatched a plan to sell her belongings for drug money, so they bound her with belts and neckties, wrapped her in plastic bags, and stuffed her in the trunk of her 2005 Chrysler 300, according to Assistant State Attorney Reid Scott.

While driving, the assailants heard banging noises from the trunk as Greenwald tried to escape.

They stopped at a Target to buy an aluminum T-ball bat, and then proceeded to a wooded area just west of the Palm Beach Gardens Mall. There, Greenwald was taken out of the trunk and clubbed over her head and body by Hoffman while Savell watched, the prosecutor said.

“Blood saturated the ground,” Scott said at a December hearing, adding that Savell dragged the woman’s body behind a concrete culvert before the men left in her car.

Both Savell and Hoffman told detectives that the other man beat Greenwald. Savell said he bought the bat on orders from Hoffman.

“If I had known that's what I was going to buy the bat for, I would have bought a bigger bat,” Savell said in a statement recorded by detectives.

He was taken into custody a day after Greenwald’s murder, after he was pulled over for a broken headlight while driving Greenwald’s car west of Delray Beach.

Jim Eisenberg, Hoffman’s attorney, called Savell a snitch who “didn’t get a great deal” for his cooperation with prosecutors.

Two of Hoffman’s life terms are to be served consecutively, and the other is to run at the same time, though Eisenberg said that it’s inconsequential.

“It doesn’t make any difference in Florida because if you have a life term you don’t get out,” he said Wednesday, explaining there is no possibility for parole.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/local/p...-penalty-murder-plea-deal-20180214-story.html

5a391bc3a4d13f2cfbfb62ed

Take plea deals Off the table, Keep the Death Penalty
Florida s gonna have to build bigger prisons
Stupid waste of money keeping ass wipes alive

You're wrong. It costs far more to execute someone than it is to imprison someone for life. It's the dumbest, yet most common argument I hear that is pro-death penalty.

Cases without the death penalty cost $740,000, while cases where the death penalty is sought cost $1.26 million. Maintaining each death row prisoner costs taxpayers $90,000 more per year than a prisoner in general population. There are 714 inmates on California's death row.

https://deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty

You won't find a credible source that says otherwise.

You're wrong. It costs far more to execute someone than it is to imprison someone for life. It's the dumbest, yet most common argument I hear that is pro-death penalty.
I don't care whether we have the death penalty or not, but the driving factor for the high cost is the decades of incarceration, during which there is almost limitless appeals, payed for by the taxpayers. Opponents of the death are ones who drag out long legal battles, so in the end they can say "look at how much it cost to execute someone" you must be stupid to support capital punishment. Like I said, I don't give a shit whether we execute human filth or not, but I don't like the pious assholes who intentionally waste taxpayers money so they can turn around as say "its stupid to waste taxpayers money".

Personally, I would rather throw these murdering shitbags into a hole and forget them. I just don't like jerks who come to the shitbags defense and doing so think they are morally superior.

Last edited:
1701297862812.jpeg

1701297875472.png

Name:HOFFMAN, ANDREW
Current Release Date: SENTENCED TO LIFE

Current Prison Sentence History:​

Offense DateOffenseSentence DateCountyCase No.Prison Sentence Length
06/05/2014 1ST DG MUR/PREMED. OR ATT. 02/13/2018PALM BEACH1406446SENTENCED TO LIFE
06/05/2014 KIDNAP;COMM.OR FAC.FELONY 02/13/2018PALM BEACH1406446SENTENCED TO LIFE
06/05/2014 ROBB. GUN OR DEADLY WPN 02/13/2018PALM BEACH1406446SENTENCED TO LIFE

1701297897390.jpeg

Name:SAVELL, HERBERT
Current Release Date: 12/05/2072

Aliases:​

“If I had known that's what I was going to buy the bat for, I would have bought a bigger bat”

Current Prison Sentence History:​

Offense DateOffenseSentence DateCountyCase No.Prison Sentence Length
06/05/2014 2ND DEG.MURD,DANGEROUS ACT 12/18/2017PALM BEACH140644660Y 0M 0D
06/05/2014 KIDNAP;COMM.OR FAC.FELONY 12/18/2017PALM BEACH140644660Y 0M 0D
06/05/2014 ROBB. GUN OR DEADLY WPN 12/18/2017PALM BEACH140644660Y 0M 0D

Back