• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

FrayedKnot

Chupacabra
TILL RASH DO US PART
Couple with burning red rash on their backsides discover it’s WORMS burrowing into their skin

The couple were on the Caribbean island of Martinique before noticing a "burning" red rash spread over their behinds.

The unnamed husband and wife were on a cruise that stopped off on the island of Martinique.

It was shortly after their beach visit that the wife, 52, first noticed an "initial burning sensation" all over her bum.

The next day she woke up to find her behind was covered by an "eruption" of red pinprick marks.

Doctors on the cruise ship prescribed the patient antibiotics, as well as antifungal treatments and steroid creams.

But nothing appeared to be working.

Ten days after first noticing her symptoms, the rash had spread further.

And it was then the woman's husband revealed he was plagued by similar symptoms.

Doctors diagnosed the pair with cutaneous larva migrans, a parasitic skin infection caused by hookworm larvae.

They typically infest dogs, cats and other animals.

But humans can become infected after walking barefoot on beaches, or coming into contact with soil that's contaminated with animal poo.

Warning: bum pics at the link.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5353620/red-rash-worms-parasite-caribbean-beach/

Warning: bum pics at the link
Warning!? Ha! Eye candy.
Why were they the only people affected? Did they go somewhere others find icky it was it just bad luck? Did other vacationers have similar problems but don't want publicity? What gives?
I'm glad I don't want to visit the tropics, I want to visit he
high altitudes and high latitudes. Of course, each region has its own kind of curse.

Last edited:
I guess the takeaway from this is:

Don't Sit On The Sand!

--Al

I like my ass. I don't have a thigh gap tho. I need a damn thigh master

I have the thigh gap, but that is how old ladies sometimes do...legs get skinny, butt gets droopy, waist gets thick af.

(Written as I drink wine whilst waiting for Mr. Knot to get back with street tacos)

Don't know HOW I keep gaining belly weight. Such a mystery. :rolleyes:

She has a decent ass. you know...without the parasites. She has a thigh gap. He has the typical man ass :hilarious:
That's exactly what I thought too ... then I seen his and ackkkk! Thanking God right now because my man isn't typical ... he has a meaty ass ... it goes with the rest of him.

Last edited:
I first learned about the dangers of hookworms in an outstanding episode of RadioLab. Most people hear the term "shithole" for poor, unsanitary places or where uneducated, unmotivated & ignorate people live, often both. What most people don't understand is, unsanitary places often create conditions that CAUSE people to be unmotivated to learn and to be unproductive.

The Hookworm parasites are found in feces, which, when allowed to infect a person will adversely effect their mental ability, causing them to be "lazy", "listless" and "stupid". This was discovered when Rockefeller noticed that average southerner was less productive than their northern counterpart. In his desire to increase their productivity he sent scientist to the south to study this problem. They discovered the parasite and how it affected the people,

.... in the early part of the 20th century, millionaire John D. Rockefeller set out to profit from southern industry, but was stymied by the lack of productivity from an unenergetic workforce. Rockefeller funded studies that discovered the cause: a microscopic hookworm which could travel up to 4 feet in soil from a site of defecation. The “germ of laziness,” as they called it, infected a new host through their bare feet and migrated to the intestine, resulting in anemia, malnutrition and poor worker performance.

[...]

http://www.sabin.org/updates/blog/h...outh-and-what-it-can-do-worlds-bottom-billion
The scientist recommended people stop shiting barefooted in the "area back behind that tree" and make "Outhouses" with cesspools 6 feet deep to contain the parasites, this simple solution worked. So, believe it or not, Outhouses are an indication of "shitholes" trying to not be a "shithole" anymore.

Rockefeller's 1920 film to explain about the dangers of hookworms and what to do about them.

A PBS/Nova short

Last edited:
@Craygor

Thank you very much! I never knew this.

I know what I will be watch/listening to while I have my coffee this morning.:D

Very interesting!

ETA: listening now....ewwwww....parasitic wasps! :wtf:

Last edited:
Makes you wonder why they were naked on the beach and what they were doing. Her backside must have longer contact time with the sand.

What are the signs and symptoms of hookworm?
Itching and a localized rash are often the first signs of infection. These symptoms occur when the larvae penetrate the skin. A person with a light infection may have no symptoms. A person with a heavy infection may experience abdominal pain, diarrhea, loss of appetite, weight loss, fatigue and anemia. The physical and cognitive growth of children can be affected.
https://www.cdc.gov/parasites/hookworm/gen_info/faqs.html

That podcast Craygor linked was really interesting...and funny.

Mr. Knot came out as I was listening to it and at first was "What in HELL are you listening to?" but then got his coffee and listened with great interest. :hilarious:

She has a decent ass. you know...without the parasites. She has a thigh gap. He has the typical man ass :hilarious:
those are two of the ugliest asses I have ever seen, they are flat and lopsided, OMG, no good muscle definition or anything
btw, worms are everywhere & easily picked up through yor feet, food touching things etc and so on. If you diet consists of some herbs and nuts the chances of getting them in the west scenarios is next to non existent. Cloves, black walnuts their husks and wormwood slaughter worms if you get them and keeps you from getting them if you don't have them, so, drink some absinthe once a week and you're good

Last edited:
those are two of the ugliest asses I have ever seen, they are flat and lopsided, OMG, no good muscle definition or anything
btw, worms are everywhere & easily picked up through yor feet, food touching things etc and so on. If you diet consists of some herbs and nuts the chances of getting them in the west scenarios is next to non existent. Cloves, black walnuts their husks and wormwood slaughter worms if you get them and keeps you from getting them if you don't have them, so, drink some absinthe once a week and you're good

Her ass looks way better than mine :oops: And she is a couple of years older!!!

Excepting the worm pox. My hiney is droopy but not wormy.
[doublepost=1516577285,1516577216][/doublepost]

Isn't absinthe illegal?

Her ass looks way better than mine :oops: And she is a couple of years older!!!

Excepting the worm pox. My hiney is droopy but not wormy.
[doublepost=1516577285,1516577216][/doublepost]

Isn't absinthe illegal?
that was kinda a joke as t is in the states most places I think but I do love it even if I haven't had it in eons. What I make up usually I take a bit at night come spring is boiled wormwood,black walnut hulls, cloves & cinnamon & pour it into a dark bottle of 151 dark rum and let it set somewhere dark and have a shot a night

Back