• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
Just......wow. :(

[doublepost=1516471232,1516471028][/doublepost]
Everyone lol
[doublepost=1516470726,1516470387][/doublepost]
I think it's gotta be one of the older girls. They said no sexual abuse. But idk. Thoughts?

David was charged with lewd acts on a child under the age of 14. Doesn't say when the lewd occurred. But it strikes me that one of the older girls might be the mother of the bsby, thereby making it an easier charge to prove.

Also, every update seems to bring new, more sickening charges.

I don't think we have heard the worst yet. Sadly.

Just......wow. :(

[doublepost=1516471232,1516471028][/doublepost]

David was charged with lewd acts on a child under the age of 14. Doesn't say when the lewd occurred. But it strikes me that one of the older girls might be the mother of the bsby, thereby making it an easier charge to prove.

Also, every update seems to bring new, more sickening charges.

I don't think we have heard the worst yet. Sadly.

No trial or mental eval for these freaks. Can't we just fucking bury them at the bottom of a septic tank. Ppl like them just need to be shot on sight.

Jennifer Turpin was the one girl at Meadowcreek Elementary that nobody wanted to be caught talking to. Every grade level had a designated "cootie kid" and she held the title for our year. She was a frail girl, had pin-straight hair with bangs, and often wore the same purple outfit. She was often made fun of by the other third graders because her clothes would sometimes look as though they had been dragged through mud, which she would also smell like on most days.

So the kids were always too thin, hungry and dirty. Even when there were only a few of them. So much for the "they had so many they were overwhelmed" excuse.

The resounding lesson here is a simple one, something that we're taught from the very beginning: be nice. Teach your children to be nice. If you see someone that's isolated, befriend them. If you see someone that's marginalized, befriend them. If you see someone that's different, befriend them. We can never completely put ourselves in others' shoes nor can we completely understand the circumstances that one is brought up in, but a simple act of kindness and acceptance may be the ray of hope that that person needs. Befriend the Jennifer Turpins of the world.

THIS, people. If we take nothing else away from this horrible situation, let's take this. For real, not just lip service. So many of us have asked "how can we help, how can we make a difference?" This is how. Plenty of people are donating to and helping the Turpin kids. The best way the rest of us can honor them is to make a difference in some other potential Turpin kid or adult's life. If Jennifer Turpin had had even a single friend, perhaps she would have confided to someone way back then how bad things were, and help could have come so much earlier. We can BE the change.

I hope that the fund earns enough to purchase these kids a big happy home decked out for them that they can all share together with the supports necessary to meet their needs.

If all the kids were born in the hospital then why the age guesses of them? Makes no sense.

If all the kids were born in the hospital then why the age guesses of them? Makes no sense.

I agree @Nell .

I think someone either here or at FreeJinger posted that the birth records were easily accessible at Ancestry, so the ages should NOT be guesswork.

She looks to me like she is just filthy and full of hate. I saw the shower in their Dallas home and it was caked on filth. They are stinky, dirty fucks.

People are dropping off toys in front of the house. They need friends, people their own age to talk to and play with, someone that will accept them for who they are and not ask anything from them. Just to be able to eat, or talk, or just take a fucking shower without worrying they might use too much water.
@cubby is so right. People are dropping off toys on the sidewalk to make themselves feel better. It's like an expensive greeting card. Put money in the hospital fund for them. Write a personal message. Help them build a future life. Help them move forward.
Piling toys on the sidewalk is not the answer even if it makes a feel good photo.

Last edited:
She doesn't have ... "the look" of a drinker.
Yes I just stereotyped alcoholics

To be fair, I am very familiar with alcoholics and there IS a "look". Especially with European Caucasians. Florid complexion, puffiness around the eyes, facial bloating, gin blossoms.

Imo, neither parent exhibits the outward appearance of chronic alcohol use/abuse.

Piling toys on the sidewalk is not the answer even if it makes a feel good photo.

Thank you, that's what I was trying to say. I usually express myself badly. But it just kind of rankled that all that money was sitting there on the sidewalk, when those kids wil never see them, they'll get rained on and peed on by dogs and then thrown away.

The people need to do something that costs very little but helps so many. Volunteer, or at the very least pay a little more attention to what's going on around you. Even if this time, no one saw anything that was actionable, next time you might, so don't be shy, call someone, If it goes nowhere at least you know you tried.

And your're doing something besides piling expensive toys on the sidewalk, shaking your head and tut tut tutting as you walk away.

Holy fuck notch, I don't mean they should be institutionalized ..

Sheeeeesh, do I have to to bubble wrap you and hold your hand now?

They need to be able to stay together until each one dcides for themselves that they want to be somewhere else or want to start a different life. They need the support of their brothers and sisters and I'm sure they will also want to make sure that they all are being treated right.

Idk. It's an entirely different situation, but look at the Cleveland 3.
Michelle Knight completely broke off with Amanda Berry and Gina Dejesus.
Still. Might be different with siblings AND I have no idea what I'm talking about since I have not been in either situation.

Excellent insight, @Valasca, in recognizing that there is no way you or I could possibly understand ...but I also agree with your point. Could go either way. Either they are WAY strongly bonded to one another through their shared history and suffering OR they may see each other as reminders of it and feel the need to separate before long. Either way, they are so damaged emotionally and physically, and as much as I hope and pray for a miracle for each and every one of them, I'm not holding my breath for a normal life coming their way. My heart hurts :(

https://www.yahoo.com/news/turpin-family-home-apos-littered-183143572.html

Former Texan neighbours of David and Louise Turpin, the American couple whose 13 children were discovered chained and malnourished last week, have described a previous home littered with faeces, dead animals and a makeshift classroom.

Ricky Vinyard, a tree feller from Rio Vista also told how one Christmas eight bikes arrived but remained untouched outside until they bleached in the sun.

And that one of the daughters once ran away from home, only to be returned to her parents by another local resident.

“It was waist-deep in filth. There were dead dogs and cats in there,” he told the Los Angeles Times.

He described how he found two Chihuahuas that had survived by eating waste from a mound of soiled nappies in a trailer behind the property where the children slept.

“There were no beds, just mattresses."

Inside the four-bedroom, two-bathroom home he said that: "There wasn’t a place that wasn’t filthy.

“Everything had locks on it: the closet had locks, the toy chest, the refrigerator.”

The couple, David 56 and Louise, 49, claimed to home-school their children, and the faeces-littered living room included eight small desks, a chalkboard, alphabet and number signs stapled to the wall.

The family lived in the rural neighbourhood, south of Dallas with eight children from approximately 2000 to 2004 before they abandoned the property and moved to Perris in California.

The new revelations came as a California politician began drafting legislation to give greater oversight of home-schooled children, in a bid to prevent a repeat of the horrors.

Jose Medina told The Telegraph: “What happened in the city of Perris was tragic, and it was horrific. And I would like to try to do everything I can to ensure that it doesn’t happen again.”

The Turpins' 13 children, aged between two and 29, had all, except the eldest, been exclusively home-schooled - meaning that, under California law, there was no outside contact.

“One of the reasons this went undetected was because the parents could keep the children hidden from the public,” said Mr Medina. “So I’m looking at what the state can do, so that kids can no longer be kept in captivity.”Two million children in the US are home-schooled, representing three per cent of all American youngsters, according to the Mike Smith, president of the Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA). The trend began in the 1970s, he told The Telegraph, but has increased in recent years. By contrast, in the UK only 30,000 children were educated at home in the 2016/17 academic year, out of over eight million.

I guess the only new thing in here is that California is looking into new legislation for home schooling to keep families from isolating their children like these wastes of oxygen did.
[doublepost=1516565826,1516565479][/doublepost]https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-louise-turpin-riverside-county-warning-signs/

As David and Louise Turpin face 75 counts of child abuse, torture and neglect of their 13 children, more information is coming out about what happened once the siblings were rescued. Mary Parks, spokesperson for the Riverside County Department of Social Services said that of the 60,000 calls they received last year, "not one" was about the Turpins.

"We did not get one phone call nor did the police department," Parks said. "And we have staffs, teams of professionals, that man our hotlines 24/7, trained to take those calls."

A source close to the investigation tells CBS News:

• All of the 13 siblings had diminished mental capacity
  • The 17-year-old girl has a first-grade-level education
  • They are all extremely pale, scared and skittish
  • After being freed, they specifically asked social workers if they could stay together.
  • They didn't ask anything about their parents.
  • They were, according to our source, astounded that people wanted to help them.
  • After receiving clothing, some described being "honored" to finally have shoes of their own.
  • Eventually, investigators could get a window into their world -- every child kept a journal. Several boxes of journals were recovered inside the home.
One thing county officials have been weighing is what happens next for the six children who are over 18 -- no longer minors.

Susan von Zabern, the director of the Riverside County Department of Public Social Services, said they "will be seeking authorization for the adult children as well as the minor children, and if conservatorship is necessary, that is what we will be seeking."

CBS News has just learned that someone in Southern California has volunteered to take in and adopt all 13 of the kids and adults and their release to that family could happen as early as Monday. The seven adult siblings are currently being cared for at a local hospital.

I hope the family that volunteered to take them all in works out.

Holy fuck notch, I don't mean they should be institutionalized ..

Sheeeeesh, do I have to to bubble wrap you and hold your hand now?
That would probably help me. My wife has been out of town for almost a week and isn't due back home until Wednesday. I think I may end up killing my kids before she gets home. I mean, they've been drinking Mountain Dew and eating potato chips and pizza. That stuff isn't allowed when she's here. She makes them eat vegetables and that kind of crap. They're probably almost dead right now.

https://nypost.com/2018/01/21/horror-house-mom-wanted-to-be-a-reality-tv-star-brother/

California mom from hell Louise Turpin wanted to add a 14th child to her brood — so she could land a TV reality show and make money, according to a new report.

“She used to say how they would be perfect for TV and would often mention they would be bigger than the reality show ‘Kate Plus 8,’ ” her half-brother Billy Lambert told UK’s The Mirror.

“She thought the world would be fascinated by their lives,” he continued. She and her husband “thought it would make them millions and household names. They didn’t care about the kids – it was all about them.”

I"m beginning to think I'm a teeny weeny bit obsessed myself.

Back