• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/500-lb-serial-killer-joseph-metheny-151067

This story will chill you to the bone. An obese man in Maryland went on a murder spree in the 1990s after his wife took their son and left him. Joseph Metheny was convicted of killing two young women, Kathy Spicer and Cathy Ann Magaziner, and burying their bodies in a shallow grave on the property of the pallet company he worked and lived at. However, that's far from the worst part. Continue reading to learn all about the 500 lb. serial killer!

Joe was originally charged with five killings: two homeless men in a makeshift camp, and three young women who were addicted to drugs. Due to lack of evidence, the charges were dropped for all cases but Spicer and Magaziner, who he allegedly met in a bar, and later brought back to his trailer to rape and murder. Later on, he confessed to killing the three others, plus at least five more young women.

Joe was given two life sentences for the slayings, though he was originally given the death sentence in 1998, which is what he wanted. “The words, ‘I’m sorry’ will never come out, for they would be a lie," he said, according to the Baltimore Sun. "I am more than willing to give up my life for what I have done, to have God judge me and send me to hell for eternity."

Though not proven in court, Joe claimed that there was another gruesome aspect to his crimes. He says that he chopped up his other victims and sold their meat from a roadside barbecue stand. "I had real roast beef and pork sandwiches and why not they were very good," he wrote in a jailhouse confession, according to Daily Mail. "The human body tastes was very similar to pork. If you mix it together no one can tell the difference.' So the next time you're riding down the road and you happen to see an open pit beef stand that you've never seen before, make sure you think about this story before you take a bite of that sandwich. Sometimes you never know who you may be eating."

Joe apparently asked a friend to help him dispose of one of the bodies, and the man later went to police, according to the Baltimore Sun. Those police found traces of blood in his trailer, and then Spicer's body. He lead them to Magaziner's body three days later.

Joe spent twenty years in Western Correctional Institution in Cumberland, where he had his own jail cell. On Aug. 5, 2017, he was found dead in his cell, according to Gerard Shields, spokesman for the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services. Police told the Baltimore Sun that they were investigating how he died, but the results were never made public.

There is a video at the link.

I dunno, not buying the part of him selling it to eat.
Glad he is dead though.

The podcast "True Crime Garage" recently did a double episode of Joseph Metheny. Here's the link
https://www.truecrimegarage.com/listen episodes 173 & 174. It also available on Stitcher.

So, @Craygor ;

What's your take on this guy? Do you think he exaggerated the extent of his depravity because he enjoyed the notoriety?

I mean, I believe he is a murderer and cannibal, but do you think he really served his victims up as 'cue?

So, @Craygor ;

What's your take on this guy? Do you think he exaggerated the extent of his depravity because he enjoyed the notoriety?

I mean, I believe he is a murderer and cannibal, but do you think he really served his victims up as 'cue?
I really don't know. I want to hope he didn't, but he's a fucking cannibal, so pretty much anything is possible.

Nothing like some BBQ long pig to quell your hunger...
[doublepost=1516576351,1516575082][/doublepost]I've eaten rattlesnake - tastes like chicken
Crocodile - tastes like chicken
Snake -tastes like chicken

But people taste like pork. Figures.

Nothing like some BBQ long pig to quell your hunger...
[doublepost=1516576351,1516575082][/doublepost]I've eaten rattlesnake - tastes like chicken
Crocodile - tastes like chicken
Snake -tastes like chicken

But people taste like pork. Figures.

Metheny said that the meat tastes like pork, so if you grind it up and mix it in good with the *real* pork, it tastes like the real deal.

*hurls*

I bet that was delicious.
Did you have to eat pork chops, bacon and pulled pork for a month? Like Thanksgiving?
Probably about 85% of it was gone that day. We had about 100 people over.

I had the whole thing injected with ham brine, so the entire thing was like one huge ham. That was back in about 12 years ago. I haven't done it since. Back then we had about 600 hogs on our farm. I'm just glad those days are behind me. I've done so fucking many different things in my life just trying to find out what I wanted to do in life. Now I've done most things, and don't really want to repeat any of it.

That fat, useless fuck was only convicted of two murders. He didn't eat them or sell their meat in sandwiches. He's just a bullshitter and a complete failure as a serial killer..

Back