• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Morbid

Rooster Illusion
Staff member
Kailey-Vijil.jpg

WEST VALLEY CITY, UT
— Police say a 15-year-old boy murdered 12-year-old Kailey Vijil and left her body in a horse pasture after luring the girl from her home.

According to police, the teen went to the girl’s home around midnight Friday and said something to her that convinced her to leave the house and go with him.

While it is not known what the teen said to the girl, a neighbor told police that the teen was at her house the night before trying to get his teenage sisters to help him find a pregnant cat. I know some of you are going to ask if anyone knew the girl was leaving the house, and the answer to that question is “yes”.

West Valley Police Chief Lee Russo said Vijil’s mother knew her daughter was leaving with the teen, but didn’t say if she knew where her daughter was going. He also didn’t know why the mother allowed her daughter to leave in the first place. However, Russo also said “this isn’t about parenting, this is about a homicide.”

An hour later, when her daughter had not returned, Vijil’s mother began looking for her. She eventually ran into two police officers at a nearby 7-11 and informed them her daughter was missing.

Tracking the girl’s cell phone, officers were able to locate the girl’s body in an overgrown horse pasture three blocks from the girl’s home. Investigators said Vijil had suffered some kind of trauma and that there appeared to be evidence of a struggle at the scene. Russo would not say if the girl was sexually assaulted.

Afterwards, neighbors came forward to report the teen that lured Vijil from her home has been pulling similar stunts with other girls in the neighborhood. Some said that over the last few days, the teen had been asking other girls to play with him in the field where Vijil’s body was found. An 8-year-old reported the teen tried to lure her to a fort behind an abandoned house two days ago.

These reports, including evidence found at the scene, are what led police to arrest the boy that afternoon. Under Utah law, the teen can be charged as an adult after several factors have been evaluated – including the teen’s family history, criminal history and likelihood of rehabilitation.

If he remains charged as a juvenile, he is looking at being detained until he is 21. If he ends up being charged as an adult, which I am betting may happen, he could be looking at the rest of his life behind bars.

Read more: http://www.dreamindemon.com/2015/07...ghbor-kailey-vijil-luring-home/#ixzz3gIACpOPy
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @dreamindemon on Twitter | thedreamindemon on Facebook

Under Utah law, the teen can be charged as an adult after several factors have been evaluated – including the teen’s family history, criminal history and likelihood of rehabilitation.
Please charge him as an adult and never let him out. He is broken beyond repair.

A teenage boy accused of raping and killing his 12-year-old neighbor in 2015 was found competent Friday to face the allegations against him in court.

The boy, who turns 18 next week, was brought into the courtroom unshackled to await the judge's decision. Evidence about the boy's progress and three evaluations regarding his competency had been presented over two days of closed hearings.

Though the boy suffers from more than one mental disorder and intellectual disability, 3rd District Juvenile Judge James Michie ruled that "despite these limitations," months of work have prepared the boy to work with his attorneys, comprehend the allegations against him and understand the consequences that could follow.

"I have made an important decision today," Michie told the boy, calling him by name. "In general, I have found that you understand enough about what is going on to progress to the next step."

The boy is charged in juvenile court with first-degree felony counts of aggravated murder and rape of a child in the case of Kailey Vijil, his 12-year-old neighbor. He was 15 years old at the time.

Police say the boy went to Kailey's door late at night July 17, 2015, and asked her to help him look for a lost cat. Her body was discovered by searchers about three hours later in a horse pasture near her home.

The young girl was found naked, her Batman pajamas strewn on the ground near her body, and a shirt wrapped around her neck. Evidence on her body, including blood and fresh scratches, signaled a possible sexual assault, police said.

A medical examiner determined Kailey died of strangulation.
[doublepost=1513126531,1511056168][/doublepost]
An 18-year-old has admitting to raping and murdering a 12-year-old girl whose naked body was found in a horse pasture near her home in July 2015.

Jayden Matthew Sterzer took a plea deal on Monday, that will ensure he stays in a juvenile detention facility until he's 21.

At that point, he will be sentenced as an adult and sent to an adult prison to serve out the remainder of his sentence.

Sterzer was 15 years old when he showed up at his neighbor Kailey Vijil's home and said he needed help looking for a lost pregnant cat.

Investigators say Sterzer took the girl to a horse pasture about a half-mile from her home where he proceeded to rape her and then strangle her with his tank top.

Vijil was quickly noticed missing by her family, jump-starting a massive search effort in the area.

Vijil's body was found about three hours later, her batman pajamas nearby and the tank top still wrapped around her throat.

On Monday, Sterzer appeared in both juvenile and adult court to take responsibility for Vijil's rape and murder.

In juvenile court, Sterzer pleaded guilty to rape of a child. The sentence for that crime will be fulfilled when he leaves the juvenile system in three years.

In adult court, Sterzer pleaded guilty to murder and sexual abuse of a child. His sentence for those two charges will be decided when he enters adult prison at 21. The murder charge carries a 15 years to life in prison sentence and the sexual abuse charge has a one- to 15-year penalty.

It has been a long road to justice for Vijil's family. They attended the hearings on Monday but did not make a statement.

For the past two-and-a-half years, Sterzer has been deemed unfit to stand trial. But that changed in November when he was finally deemed competent.

'That's a huge relief to them,' the family's attorney Spencer Banks said on Monday. 'Otherwise, that was definitely a concern they had in the back of their minds, of whether he was going to revert back to being incompetent or not.'

Sterzer's attorney, Michael Sikora, says 'Intellectually he operates at about the level of third grader,' Sikora said. 'It was just very, very important to try and do what we could to keep him in the juvenile system for the next 3 years because we just don't think in any way, shape or form he's prepared for a lengthy stay at the Utah State Prison.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ld-gets-plea-deal-2015-rape-killing-girl.html
4740649100000578-5169349-image-m-20_1513090387209.jpg

And yes, it is about parenting. That dumb fucking sorry ass mother let her 12 year old leave with some older boy around midnight? Who the fuck does that?

Umm, @Dead Stephanie you clearly didn't grow up in the country. I'm sure her mother trusted the young man. I used to leave my house at all hours of the night to bottle feed baby goats or piglets or calves. Most of the time my neighbors were out at the same times helping. And since they found her so quickly after I'm sure he mom gave her a time limit to be out and when she didn't come back on time authorities were called.

Umm, @Dead Stephanie you clearly didn't grow up in the country. I'm sure her mother trusted the young man. I used to leave my house at all hours of the night to bottle feed baby goats or piglets or calves. Most of the time my neighbors were out at the same times helping. And since they found her so quickly after I'm sure he mom gave her a time limit to be out and when she didn't come back on time authorities were called.
I did grow up in the country and still live in the country. It don’t matter where you grow up this day and time you keep your kids safe by not letting them put themselves in a bad position. But your opinion is yours, I can only tell you what you can do with it

Not much point in pretending to allow others their opinion if you then imply they can shove that opinion up their ass. ;)
I’m not one for implying anything. I simply stated that I can tell her what to do with it but refrained from doing so.:cool:

Last edited:
You do realize this happened 3 years ago. When the world wasn't AS bad as it is now. I could totally shove my opinion up my ass. But you see this is DD. I've been here a long time. And I've came to learn that snappy people like you who dislike almost anything anyone has to say don't last long. I'm glad this kid is going to be locked up for a while at least. I hope her parents know they did the right thing but calling authorities right away when they felt something wasn't right. (=

January 19, 2018

Jayden Sterzer was just 15 years old when he asked 12-year-old Kailey Vijil to help him find his lost cat, luring her away to rape and murder her.

"I didn't know evil could come so young," Orlando Vijil said of the boy who killed his daughter. "But evil came knocking on my door that night."

Yet Kailey, who loved animals and offered food to the homeless, was beautiful, generous and "truthful in all things," the father said.

As Sterzer was sentenced to a secure youth facility Friday, Vijil made an impassioned courtroom statement about the painful loss of his daughter, the 2 ½ years that have passed as the case dragged through court, and his anger at the boy who killed her.

"I don't think this pain will ever go away, I miss her so much," Vijil said. "There are a lot of days that I can't function or get through the day."

Sterzer, now 18, did not address the judge during the hearing, but sat quietly as his attorney read a statement on his behalf apologizing to Kailey's family.

"I'm sorry for what happened, I wish I could go back in time and make it so it never happened," the statement read. "Every day I think about all the pain I have caused your family. I hope some day you can find it in your hearts to forgive me, but I understand if you can't."

However, as the sentencing began, a representative from the court's probation staff noted that Sterzer has shown a "lack of remorse" for the crime and has not been amenable to services during his lengthy and violent juvenile court history.

Police say Sterzer went to Kailey's door late at night on July 17, 2015, and asked her to help him look for a lost pregnant cat, a ploy he had allegedly attempted to use with several other girls in the neighborhood. Kailey's body was discovered by searchers about three hours later in a horse pasture near her home.

The young girl was found naked, her Batman pajamas strewn on the ground near her body, and a shirt wrapped around her neck. Evidence on her body, including blood and fresh scratches, signaled a possible sexual assault, police said. DNA on Kailey's body matched Sterzer, according to charging documents.

A medical examiner determined that Kailey died of strangulation.

In a deal with prosecutors, Sterzer admitted in juvenile court last month that he raped the girl. He then pleaded guilty as an adult to a first-degree felony charge of murder, reduced from a count of aggravated murder, and to an additional charge of sexual abuse of a child, a second-degree felony.

While the adult convictions carry prison time — at least 15 years and up to life for the murder charge and at least one and up to 15 years for the sexual abuse — Sterzer could potentially remain in secure care for the juvenile court charge until his 21st birthday.

At that point, he is expected to be sentenced to prison in adult court.

Kailey's older sister, Taylor Vijil, wept as she described the plans her sister had to travel to Japan, attend college and study science. Now, she said, those dreams will never happen "because someone had to take her life away, even though she was nice."

"My sister was really brave and she was really smart," Taylor wept. "She would get awards at every end of the school year."

Kailey's mother, De Shaun Undergust, said that more than two years later, she still aches daily over the loss of her daughter. She asked that Sterzer never be released into the community again.

"I hope he never gets out to do this to another family, to destroy another family," she said.

Like Kailey's father, her grandmother, Irene Thompson, lamented that Sterzer had been in trouble with the law for years before he killed Kailey. According to court records, Sterzer had been released after 44 days in an "observation and assessment facility" about a week before the girl's death.

"Justice needs to be served for Kailey," Thompson insisted. "Don't let children like this go who are capable of hurting another family."

In his statements, Vijil also turned his statements toward the juvenile court judge, James Michie, for the kind way he treated Sterzer during hearings that focused entirely on the teen rather than on Kailey.

"I thought you were going to go take him out to McDonald's and get him a kids meal, the way you were talking to him," Vijil told the judge. "You weren't talking to a kid, you were talking to a monster."

But as he ordered Sterzer confined to secure care, Michie explained that while he never knew Kailey, he had learned all he could about her.

"She was on the honor roll. She cried in movies if something bad happened to an animal. She cared about people in need. She loved purple. She loved standing in the rain," Michie said. "At no time, did I ever forget about your daughter. No one has, and no one ever will."

Michie told Sterzer that he understood he had been born into a life with many challenges, including those imposed on him by adults in his life. His attorneys have said that the boy's mental capacity is diminished by partial fetal alcohol disorder, a number of cognitive impairments and a low IQ, leaving him at about a third-grade level cognitively.

However, Michie emphasized, that Sterzer brought the consequences he will now face on himself.

"You had the capacity to choose. Kailey didn't, because you took that from her. Jayden, what you did to Kailey shocks the conscience, and it shocks it to the core," the judge said.
https://www.deseretnews.com/article...f-teen-who-raped-killed-12-year-old-girl.html

While the adult convictions carry prison time — at least 15 years and up to life for the murder charge and at least one and up to 15 years for the sexual abuse — Sterzer could potentially remain in secure care for the juvenile court charge until his 21st birthday.
At that point, he is expected to be sentenced to prison in adult court.
Fuck him. He's 18 now. Throw him in the big house. Let him learn early what prison is like. No reason for him to ever be the "senior" prisoner. Let him be everyone's little bitch.

Do not protect raping murders.
He earned whatever shitstorm hurls his way.

Forgiveness comes not to the likes of him.

It was always known that Jayden Sterzer would one day go to the adult prison for raping and murdering his 12-year-old neighbor.

But that day came much sooner than initially expected.

A 3rd District judge on Monday sentenced Sterzer to spend a 15-year-to-life sentence at the Utah State Prison, a decision that came after authorities say Sterzer assaulted a staff member while he was in a juvenile detention center.

Sterzer, now 19, admitted last December that he sexually assaulted and strangled Kailey Vijil in 2015.

His admissions were part of a “blended plea,” where he admitted to charges in both juvenile and adult court.

Sterzer's plea was intended to allow him to stay in the juvenile facility for three years to receive treatment until he turned 21 — unless the Youth Parole Authority decided they can no longer help him.

That happened after authorities filed charges against Sterzer for allegedly assaulting a detention center staffer in August. The transfer to adult prison came about a year earlier than expected for Sterzer, who turns 20 in a few days.
Defense attorney Michael Sikora told the judge that Sterzer has struggled his whole life, and it wasn’t until after he was charged in Vijil’s death that he was evaluated and diagnosed with fetal alcohol disorder.

Sikora said Sterzer was in a mental health program at age 4, started taking medication when he was 8 years old, and by age 9 had exhibited concerning behaviors like smearing feces and hoarding food. He attempted suicide at age 11, the defense attorney said, and was bullied by his peers.

“In this case, it was one child killing another child, and I think it’s important to remember that,” Sikora said. “It’s easy to forget that Jayden was a 15-year-old child when this occurred. Kailey had a bright future, no doubt about it. Jayden, to be candid, not so much.”

Back