• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

EchaSez

Hope is the thing with feathers.
01/18/18

A small Iowa town is buzzing after two young boys vandalized a honey farm causing $60,000 in damage.

The boys, ages 12 and 13, are facing felony charges following the Dec. 28, 2017, incident which left 500,000 bees dead, according to Sioux City Police Department.

The pair have been charged with criminal mischief, agricultural animal facilities offenses and burglary.
The three felonies carry a combined penalty of up to 10 years in prison and fines totaling $10,000. This case, however, is likely to be tried in juvenile court.

They're also facing one aggravated misdemeanor charge each of possession of burglary tools.

According to the Sioux City Journal, the two unidentified minors destroyed all 50 of Wild Hill Honey owners Justin and Tori Engelhardt's bee hives.

They feared the loss of their bees could put them out of business for good.

Although the crime occurred in a secluded area, local police were able to track down the underage duo with help from the public.

Authorities told the outlet they do not anticipate having to make any further arrests in the case.

A GoFundMe page was started for the Engelhardt's business. The crowdfunding site raised more than $30,000 in a matter of days.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...rges-vandalizing-honey-farm-article-1.3764558

This was some really horrible shit for two children to do on a lark. They need to be beaten within an inch of their rotten little lives and hardcore educated on the importance of bees in nature and small businesses on the local economy. Then they need to be beaten some more. When all that's done they need to be worked from sun up to sun down for the next 5 years. Leave no time for thought or play..

and hardcore educated on the importance of bees in nature and small businesses on the local economy.

And the environment, and the globe in general.

causing $60,000 in damage.

This seems low to me because those bee's are priceless.
[doublepost=1516375268,1516374468][/doublepost]
Then they need to be beaten some more. When all that's done they need to be worked from sun up to sun down for the next 5 years. Leave no time for thought or play..

So I wouldn't beat my kid up ... I wouldn't. When ever he looked at me or wanted my eyes ... I'd give him the shaft. They would be like ... "Mom, I'm really sorry!" And I'd say ... "i don't think i'm ready to talk about it yet." Because then they just leave the room I'm in ... walk away with their eyes to the sky, looking for God and his help. Full of angst and worry ... No one yells, demeans, or abuses.

I wonder if these kids are brothers or if they have been in trouble before ...

This story would have been funnier if they got stung, and died because they were allergic.

I never understand expenditure of energy fucking shit up.
Not to mention this was live beneficial creatures.

And the parents in all of this? No doubt uninvolved pieces of shit

Glad they caught the dinguses.
This was such an unbelievably heinous crime and I wonder what the hell drove them to do this other than juvenile hijinks.
I hope they get at least 5yrs worth of community service for this and probation.
Anything to keep them from doing something even worse the next time they find themselves bored.

I hope they get at least 5yrs worth of community service

You know what I hate about Community Service ... The message that working is punishment.
[doublepost=1516398065,1516396966][/doublepost]
Unfortunately dirty looks and silent treatments

It was never a dirty look, just a disappointed one, and clearly telling my kids I need some time to think about it isn't the same as the silent treatment ... I suppose it had an impact because we respected each other ... and they simply didn't like it when I was disappointed in them either. It didn't happen very much. Like I can count on one finger the number of times I sent my kids to their room ... ONE FINGER. ... So once. While they were in there they made me a card, instead of say ... trashing their room or wrecking their stuff.

There was some buzz that the cops caught them in a sting.

Sweet! Bit of a sticky mess, this. Gives me hives.
[doublepost=1516401288,1516401138][/doublepost]We had some future felons break into our school grounds and killed some of our chickens and a rabbit who was in a hutch on a classroom porch.

Just because.

They were in middle school.

Not every childhood shenanigan warrants an ass whooping. But extreme stuff like this does. They have to understand also that they got off light with a good ass beating, education and some hard work because when they hit 18 its not going to be like that. Unless you bail their ass out of jail and enable that behavior some more. Then they can keep that shit up until you are broke or right there in prison with them.

From this article

The two boys have been charged with three felonies, criminal mischief in the first degree, agricultural animal facilities offenses and burglary in the third degree, as well as an aggravated misdemeanor, possession of burglar's tools. The felonies would carry penalties of up to 10 years in prison and fines as much as $10,000. Criminal cases involving minors are typically adjudicated in juvenile court, however.

Though the law has been on the books in Iowa since 1991, prosecution for agricultural animal facilities offenses is rare, according to county assistant attorney Mark Campbell.

"I can’t think of any case where we’ve had prosecution in Woodbury County — I may be wrong, but I don’t recall anything,” said Campbell, who has worked in the office 34 years.

According to the state code, a person found guilty of violating the law can be taken to district court by the offended parties to seek recovery of damages in an amount that is three times actual and consequential damage, and also force the defendant to cover the victim’s court and attorney fees.

I hope they take them to court and get every bit (times 3) they have coming to them. Kids don't do stuff like this on a whim. They have to be taught to be evil. These parents deserve what is coming to them.

I would legitimately send them to boarding school for six months. A shitty one. And when they got home, say how was jail? Fuck up again and believe that mom will rat you out to the cops. My sons will NEVER be failures. These kids need a hard fuckin lesson to never act like this again.

Back