• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A man from Habersham County has been arrested after police say he left a young puppy out on his porch during freezing weather.

Bobby Kyle Nelms, a 20-year-old resident of Cornelia, was arrested by police and animal control officers for the charge of aggravated cruelty to animals

According to the incident report, a Cornelia police officer responded to an animal complaint call on Sunday at Nelm's house in the 800 block of Wayside Street.

When she got there, the officer said that she found the dog dead in a cage on the porch.

During the officer's conversation with Nelms, she said he told her that the dog died because it either froze to death or had worms, but that he couldn't have it inside with his 1-year-old daughter.

After a meeting with an Animal Control officer, the puppy was removed and taken in for testing.
http://www.foxla.com/news/georgia-man-arrested-after-puppy-freezes-to-death-police-say
BobbyNelms_1516118539652_4816424_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Why can't a puppy be with a one year old?

I wouldn't want a wormy puppy near my one year old ... they put everything in their mouth.

When we got Piper she was a mobile flea factory and full of worms ... her condition was so bad, her back was pink, because her hair all fell out (she's a husky) We took her to the vet the same day we got her, But she gave everything to Nick (our dog) with in three hours of meeting him ... so he had to go two days later because she was totally contagious. A couple cycles of pills and everyone (the dogs) were tip top ... her hair all grew back, and she is gorgeous.

So from here he is right ... but he should have taken the dog to the vets.

During the officer's conversation with Nelms, she said he told her that the dog died because it either froze to death or had worms, but that he couldn't have it inside with his 1-year-old daughter.

Tbh? I think the worms were an excuse and I shudder to think what he might do to that baby if he has another one in the future...

Puppies aren't toys, any more than children are. You don't get to stick it in what's basically a freezer when you get bored of it.

Even IF it had worms, which I doubt, there are rescue societies for a goddamn reason. -_-

He could have kept it in the cage in the house. Better yet, just give the pup to a shelter.
Someone that lacking in common sense shouldn't be taking care of a baby either.

So from here he is right ... but he should have taken the dog to the vets.

Probably couldn't afford it. Too many idiots get dogs without any long term plans of how they will care for them if they get sick. I see it all the time in the rescue groups, people come in asking us about free dogs because they can't afford to buy or adopt one and our first question is, if you can't afford a couple of hundred to buy or adopt how are you going to pay for vet care?

Not buying the worm story at all.
Lookit him!
You think he has a clue about dog worms?
HEEEEEEEELL NO!

He will abuse the kid in time.
Neuter him, rehome the kid.
Make the world a better place.

As far as I know, dogs are not considered puppies once they pass a year old. So, if he already had the infant, why on earth would be get a puppy? And, who let him take a puppy home to live in the freezing cold outdoors? If I had puppies that I was rehoming, you better believe I'd make sure (to the best of my ability) that they were going to go to good homes, not freezing cages outdoors!
Asshat!
Chain him to a porch overnight and see how he likes it!

I have two Chihuahua puppies. They were born and raised here. But I only want one. I really don't want to separate them but I only have patience for one. Plus I have my 9 month old baby. Never leave my puppies outside. I love the little shitz too much. But that being said, who wants a Chihuahua puppy?

I have two Chihuahua puppies. They were born and raised here. But I only want one. I really don't want to separate them but I only have patience for one. Plus I have my 9 month old baby. Never leave my puppies outside. I love the little shitz too much. But that being said, who wants a Chihuahua puppy?

I'd love one....but, I'm not an animal hoarder. I have 2 dogs and a cat that live with me, and joint custody of two more dogs that I had with my ex. Dogs need walks, love and attention, and I'm already stretched thin on days I have all four dogs. It's surprisingly hard to walk multiple small dogs at the same time. The leashes look like a maypole..all different colors twisted together!
I hope you find a good loving home for the pup!

Back