• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
I believe this is only an update, but I cannot find the original story.

A newlywed couple who attacked a neighbour by stabbing and then throwing boiling water and sugar over him have been jailed for more than 20 years.

Rene Howieson and Kathleen Downey killed Colin Skilbeck, 41, in his Edinburgh flat on 12 March last year.

Howieson admitted murdering Mr Skilbeck by throwing the solution in his face and repeatedly striking him with a knife.

Downey admitted culpable homicide on the basis of diminished responsibility.

Mr Skilbeck shared a flat on Gibson Terrace with Downey's sister's ex-partner and the court heard the relationship did not end well.

Jason Hamilton had warned him not to answer the door to the pair and when he did, he was attacked and killed.

At the High Court in Glasgow Lord Armstrong jailed Howieson, 37, for life, with a minimum of 14 years and two months behind bars.

The court heard Downey, 35, threw the water and sugar at the victim and struck him with the knife.

Lord Armstrong sentenced her to five years and three months.

The court heard earlier that Howieson had turned up at the flat door armed with a knife and Downey had a kitchen pan filled with the boiling sugar solution.

Advocate depute Steven Borthwick said: "Kathleen Downey threw the pan of sugar and water into the face of Mr Silbeck."

"Rene Howieson struck the deceased repeatedly to the body with the knife.

"At some point in the course of the incident Kathleen Downey was handed the knife by her co-accused and also struck the deceased with it."

After hearing a disturbance, Mr Hamilton went to see what was happening at the door.

Mr Borthwick added: "He found Colin Skilbeck collapsing onto the ground, clutching his chest.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-42734484

. The court heard Downey, 35, threw the water and sugar at the victim and struck him with the knife.

Lord Armstrong sentenced her to five years and three months.
Why do the women always get less time.
:punch:

Why do the women always get less time.
:punch:
Because wimmen are weak and frail flowers of humanity and, while they may bear some culpability for their actions, would not be in their predicament if some vile man had not misled them. And since that is the case, it is only fair to punish them less severely.

:penguin:

--Al
tongue firmly in cheek

Boiling sugar water, huh. Clearly, he was an alien wearing a Colin suit and these two are actually members of The M.I.B. who failed to flashy thingy the roommate.

Boiling sugar water is kinda like oil. That shit sticks and burns. Try to wipe it off and it just smears and burns a larger area.

Latest posts

Back