• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Satanica

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
http://globalnews.ca/news/3445582/e...day-old-daughter-dies-of-lethal-dose-of-meth/
[....]
On Wednesday, March 29, police were called to a report of a baby not breathing at a residence in the area of 72 Street and 83 Avenue.

Paramedics transported the baby to hospital, where she was pronounced dead. Police said the girl’s name will not be released.

“The Medical Examiner has stated that there are two ways that the baby could have ingested the methamphetamine; that’s either anally or orally,” EPS spokesperson Scott Pattison said.

“From the Medical Examiner… our understanding of that level of methamphetamine, that couldn’t have been administered — that lethal dose — through a woman’s breast milk, specifically.”
[....]
Pattison said Rice is a single mother who is “currently in a relationship.” She was arrested Thursday.

“She has a young boy who is unharmed and is now in the care of another family member,” he said. “I believe he’s with the biological father.”
michelle-rice3.jpg

[....]
“She was honestly a really good tenant and never had any issues,” Josh Gork, Rice’s landlord, said. “Nothing. We thought this was all over and done with because of the timeline but yeah, it’s quite shocking.”

According to Gork, Rice moved in to a basement suite in the house he lives in with his family just before her baby was born in March.

“When she came she had a little boy and was pregnant and so of course we wanted to give her a place and she had great references.”
[....]
Gork said he was surprised to see police and hear about the arrest on Thursday. He said police had been there “on and off” since the baby died but he assumed given how much time had passed, nothing suspicious had occurred.

He recalled the day police first showed up to the home in March.

“I was woken up by the paramedics and stuff… they opened my door actually because obviously it was an emergency… they said, ‘We’re here for the little baby.’ My son was in daycare so I sent them downstairs and saw the little one come out. It was obviously unresponsive. It was sad.

“That’s all I knew at that point and police came and talked to us after and we told them we didn’t hear anything – we didn’t know anything and as far as we knew, the baby was healthy.”

The woman was not known to police, Pattison said. He wasn’t able to say whether Children’s Services was involved with the family.
[....]
Homicide detectives are looking to speak with several individuals who are believed to have visited the residence in the 11 days before the baby’s death.

“We’re not sure exactly who visited the house but we’re assuming they were family friends, possibly family members. There may have even been home-care workers, that kind of thing,” Pattison said.

Anyone who may have visited the house on or after March 18 is asked to contact the EPS at 780-423-4567 or #377 from a mobile phone. Anonymous information can be submitted to Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 or online.

I don't understand...did she mix up and use meth instead of formula? Did she have meth on her fingers while mixing formula with a finger instead of a spoon? How, just HOW, did this happen?

I don't understand...did she mix up and use meth instead of formula? Did she have meth on her fingers while mixing formula with a finger instead of a spoon? How, just HOW, did this happen?

Meth on her hands is a good guess.

Meth is heated to liquid and then injected, right? Could she have used a spoon previously used to heat meth to mix a bottle, or given the spoon to the baby to suck on?

Other possibilities include leaving meth or meth paraphernalia in the crib, and I don't even want to think about that. Ugh.

I don't understand...did she mix up and use meth instead of formula? Did she have meth on her fingers while mixing formula with a finger instead of a spoon?
This is exactly why I keep the meth separated from the formula at all times...can never be too careful.

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4144430
3 June 2017
[...]
Edmonton police found drugs and drug paraphernalia in the basement suite where Michelle Rice lived when her 11-day-old daughter died of an apparent methamphetamine overdose.

Court documents show police seized drugs, several pipes and a small drug bag on April 7, nine days after the baby girl died.
[...]
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/michelle-rice-bail-1.4227145

[...]
July 28, 2017

Michelle Rice, charged with the second-degree murder of her 11-day-old daughter, Eliana Mikayla Rice, will be released on bail.
An Edmonton woman charged with second-degree murder in the overdose death of her 11-day-old daughter will be released on bail.

Michelle Rice, 31, will be released from the Edmonton remand centre, where she has been held in solitary confinement since her arrest

Court of Queen's Bench Justice Stephen Hillier granted Rice bail with several conditions following a hearing Friday

Hillier ordered Rice to have no contact with her boyfriend while on bail, though she will be allowed supervised visits with her toddler son.

Rice must also abstain from drugs and alcohol and meet regularly with her probation officer.

She must also live with a friend in Calgary until her next court appearance, which is scheduled for June 2018. In that time, she must attend treatment and counselling as directed.
[...]

Last edited:
Nine days after the baby died....nine days. She had nine fucking days to get her shit cleaned up and get shit out and she failed that too. SMH. Seems to me like maybe this was all intentional for some reason. Babies got in the way of her party life, idk.

Rest in peace little baby. You deserved so much more.

Back