• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Abroad

Veteran Member
Razvan Sirbu, 21, died from blunt force trauma to the head and body at the Loose Valley Conservation Area in Tovil, near Maidstone, Kent, last May.

Alex Macdonald, 19, was sentenced to life with a minimum term of 18 years, while Charlie White, 19, will serve a minimum of 16 years.

Both denied murder but were convicted at Maidstone Crown Court on Friday.

Jurors found a third defendant, Jimmy Buckley, 20, who had been deemed unfit to plead, also "did the act of murder".

Mr Sirbu had been living in a tent when he was attacked by White, of no fixed address, Macdonald, of Regency Place, Maidstone, and Buckley, of Capell Close, Coxheath, on the night of 6 May.

They had been in the area because they planned to steal a sit-on lawn mower, but denied they had deliberately set out to rob Mr Sirbu.

During a police interview, White said he was carrying a meat cleaver for protection against the person he was hoping to sell the mower to.

Det Ch Insp Tony Pledger said the reasons behind the attack remained unclear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-42707556

They had been in Maidstone Kent because they planned to steal a sit-on lawn mower, but denied they had deliberately set out to rob Mr Sirbu.
During a police interview, White said he was carrying a meat cleaver for protection against the person he was hoping to sell the mower to.

Please replace Maidstone Kent with 'Chicago', replace sit-on mower with 'Escalade' and meat cleaver with '9mm Glock' so us Americans can understand this story - Thanks!

Haha, I love all your stories.

Unrelated (but related to UK), just saw an excellent Irish film, 'Youthful Offenders'. It was so funny and sweet.

I have never used a meat cleaver.
I just always think of them as murder weapons.

Back