• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

cubby

Live Long and Prosper
Bold Member!
http://wsvn.com/news/local/gunman-kills-lake-worth-mother-over-possible-facebook-income-post/

A South Florida mother was murdered in her house after, her family believes, she wrote about her six-figure salary in a Facebook post.

Palm Beach County Sheriff’s deputies are now investigating this case and are taking a closer look at Makeva Jenkins’ social media post in case there’s a connection to her murder.

The 33-year-old’s three children and two other relatives were inside the Lake Worth house when she was shot in the head Wednesday at around midnight.

Jenkins has a business that coached people on how to become successful entrepreneurs.

Her Facebook claimed that she’d become successful. In one post she wrote, “I don’t even try to count my blessings. There are too many.”

On Wednesday night, Jenkins posted another motivational post that talked about how she overcame homelessness. “We overcame being homeless in 2013/2014 to reaching my six figure mark in 2015 to now making multi six figures.”

Around 2 a.m., a masked man knocked on her front door along Plumbago Place and Spider Lily Lane in Lake Worth.

When Jenkins answered the door, the gunman allegedly made three adults lie face down, including Jenkins. After some kind of altercation, she was shot in the head.

The victim’s family is now devastated. Jenkin’s husband could be seen sobbing outside the house.

The gunman reportedly took off in one of the family’s vehicles. It was dumped a short distance from the scene.

Deputies are actively investigating.

this was family as obviously some lone robber would not have access to any of her accounts, what a bunch of poop for brains moron, look t daddy dearest first then the next closest relatives to inherit

Sounds like a hit man. A disgruntled former client... perhaps her business was hinky.
OR.. a family member.
This should get very interesting.

No way it has to do with that post. They didn't take anything, and no random robber would get any of that money by killing her. This sounds all kinds of weird and either a thrill kill (but then why not kill everyone), or personal. Who's saying it's because of her post? I'd take a hard look at them.

This was someone she knew. A past boyfriend. Someone out of her league and jealous perhaps. Who answers their door at 2 a.m. unless they know who is on the other side. If someone came to my door at that time I'd be calling the police.

I think she may have been killed for $. I'm sure they'll check on her insurance policies. Some dumbass saw her post as an opportunity to kill her & cast suspicion elsewhere... :shifty:
Or maybe the husband has someone else & wanted her out of the way so they could live happily ever after with her dough... just some speculation courtesy of my Forensic Files case studies. :pompous:

It said she couched people !! Maybe just maybe one student saw her bragging abit to much to handle

I wanna get couched!! Her post wasn't the smartest thing to do, but I can see how she was sharing as a personal example. I think that post had nothing to do with this and if family brought up it's a really half assed attempt to move suspicion.

Family did it or an ex got huffy puffy and decided to pop her happy bubble.

Best way to get ahead in life is not making yourself a target.
She knew who it was and I would wager family did too.

Check her insurance beneficiary for starters
Too bad she couldn't motivate the shooter not to pull the trigger.

I think of the Lurch looking fuck Tony Robbins and just wanna see his gigantic Chiclet teeth knocked in with a Louisville Slugger

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/c...makeva-jenkins-murder/gTekquwUhmqW2rLIgpVhKM/
September 6 2017
Indictment offers few details on Makeva Jenkins’ murder
BOYNTON BEACH
[...]
A grand jury indicted Joevan Joseph, 19, on Aug. 31 in Jenkins’ June 29 killing. Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office authorities booked Joseph on Saturday into the Palm Beach County Jail on a first-degree murder charge.

State laws keep grand jury presentments out of the public record, meaning authorities don’t have to release the specifics of the crime until the case goes before a judge.

The indictment, released Tuesday by the Palm Beach County Clerk of Courts, sticks to legal language, providing little insight into what happened early that day in Jenkins’ home near Santaluces High School.

It reads, in part: Joseph “did unlawfully from a premeditated design to effect the death of a human being, kill and murder Makeva Jenkins, a human being, by shooting Makeva Jenkins.”

[...]

Sheriff’s authorities haven’t commented on how the intruder entered the home.

According to Jenkins’ father, the 33-year-old was in bed with her youngest child. Sheriff’s authorities said a fight broke out and Jenkins was shot. She was rushed to a hospital where she died.

Jenkins’ brother, two youngest children and husband were in the house with her early that morning, said Jenkins’ grandmother, Gloria Harold Willis. Jenkins’ oldest daughter, 13, was in Tampa with her father, according to Harold Willis.

Sheriff’s authorities said the intruder drove away in the family’s white Dodge Charger, which was found abandoned about a mile from the home.

It was not immediately known whether Joseph was that masked intruder or if he was in the car.

Neither Mayes nor Harold Willis had heard of Joseph before his arrest, they said.

Jenkins’ family pleaded with the public in August for clues. Her husband wasn’t at the news conference. When reporters asked Harold Willis about Euri Jenkins’ absence, she responded: “We have no idea about her husband or where he is or what’s going on with that.”

As of Tuesday, Harold Willis hadn’t heard from Jenkins’ husband, beyond some communication with his mother, who helped Harold Willis drop off new clothes for Jenkins’ two young children.

Jenkins’ family initially suspected her public Facebook posts about her financial success may have spurred her murder. Sheriff’s authorities have not commented either on the motive in her death or whether more people are suspected in Jenkins’ death.

“I don’t think it was a one-person thing,” Harold Willis said.

In July sheriff’s authorities seized phones, a Comcast bill and envelopes from Jenkins’ home. Those records indicate the premise was “occupied by or under the control of” Jenkins’ husband.
The full indictment is at the link.

The husband of a Florida woman who was shot and killed in her home by a male intruder wearing a ski mask just hours after posting about her incredible life transformation on Facebook has been arrested for the murder.

Euri Jenkins was arrested on Thursday by Palm Beach County Sheriff's deputies assigned to the US Marshals service, according to The Sun Sentinel.

But the 31-year-old widower of Makeva Jenkins remains that he is innocent.

He has been charged with first degree murder in the slaying of his 33-year-old wife.

Makeva was gunned down with a single bullet to the head just yards from her children around 2am at her home in Lake Worth, Florida on June 29 by a masked man when she opened the door to him that night, according to police.

In September authorities charged 20-year-old Joevan Joseph with first-degree murder in her death. He has remained in jail and without bail since September 2.

Police haven't released any motive in the killings, and haven't said how Joseph or Jenkins are connected, or how they are connected to Makeva's murder.

According to the Sun Sentinel, Joseph was a customer at Euri's barber shop.

Euri and Makeva were married in 2011.

Makeva's death came just after she uploaded a post about how she is proud of herself and her success over the past few years.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5184255/Husband-31-charged-June-murder-wife.html
475D354700000578-5184255-image-m-18_1513362448503.jpg
475D353B00000578-5184255-image-a-19_1513362455842.jpg

Makeva thought she had it all. So sad she put all her trust in her husband who was the designer of her demise. Her husband and brother in the house that night...but she is the one at 2 a.m. to answer the door. Something seemed hinky from the beginning.

https://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-...cide-suspect-s-brother-calls-case-witch-hunt-

11 January 2018
[...]
After cooperating with the investigation, Joel Simmons said he can’t help but think that this is a witch hunt against his brother, Euri.

Simmons said for some reason deputies wanted to pin the suburban Lake Worth homicide on him.

Deputies maintain the facts will speak for themselves in court. Investigators took those facts to a grand jury and in December, which resulted in an indictment him in the death of Makeva Jenkins.
[...]
“It doesn’t make any sense, not with all the work that he’s done with all of those children. He’s been a great father to all those children and he’s been a loving husband. There is no sense at all, so why would they pull him aside and put him in there. That’s why I said it feels like a witch hunt,” said Simmons. [...]

DD1o.jpg
"Euri Jenkins is accused of hiring a hit man to kill his pregnant wife in 2017. But his lawyer says the “true culprit” — along with a man who already confessed to the shooting — was arrested this week.

West Palm Beach defense attorney Gregg Lerman said Thursday that Jenkins is pleased that Dametri Dale of Jupiter now faces a first-degree murder charge.

Dale’s capture by U.S. Marshals in North Carolina now means three people have been implicated in the June 29, 2017, slaying of Makeva Jenkins, 34, inside her house near Lantana.

There’s Euri Jenkins, 33, the husband who insists he’s innocent; shooter Joevan Joseph, 22, who pleaded guilty to a second-degree murder charge; and now Dale, 21, who allegedly introduced Joseph to Jenkins.

Investigators have contended that Jenkins had an apparent motive of collecting a $500,000 life insurance policy belonging to his wife of 5 years. It turned out that he was not the beneficiary, court records show.

But Lerman said Jenkins loved his spouse, and Dale has long been a suspect. A Palm Beach County grand jury indicted Dale on Feb. 20.

“Mr. Jenkins is grateful that the true culprit — other than Joevan Joseph — behind the murder of his wife is finally charged,” the attorney told the South Florida Sun Sentinel. “Mr. Jenkins looks forward to his day in court to clear his own name and be reunited with his children.”

That day will be on hold until it is safe to resume trials following the new coronavirus outbreak.

An initial attempt to seat a jury in January failed, and the trial was rescheduled for April 13. Now that will be postponed.

Joseph has promised to be a star witness for the prosecution of Jenkins and Dale.

He faces a sentence of at least five years and up to 20 years in prison, based on his cooperation. His May 20 sentencing hearing is almost certain to be delayed because of Dale’s arrest.

Dale had his first appearance before a Palm Beach County judge on Wednesday. He’s being held at the Palm Beach County Jail on no bond. He’s expected to get a court-appointed lawyer at a hearing set for Monday.

Prosecutors say Jenkins provided $1,500 down payment and a gun to Joseph, who wore a mask when he fired a bullet into the victim’s head. She was a mother of three children.

In statements to detectives, Jenkins labeled Joseph a drug dealer and a thief who killed his wife for money.

A day before she was slain, Makeva Jenkins posted on Facebook about her rise and financial achievements as a consultant who assisted entrepreneurs and small businesses.

“I’m in awe of how far I’ve come,” she wrote, mentioning about an income of “multi six figures.”

Investigators said that about 2:20 a.m., a masked intruder entered the home in the 4000 block of Plumbago Place, near Hypoluxo and Lawrence Roads. Euri Jenkins, Joseph and Dale soon became persons of interest.

Dale repeatedly lied to detectives early in the investigation before deciding to cooperate, records show. That assistance led to Joseph’s arrest two months after the killing.

Dale has provided sworn statements that he introduced Joseph to Jenkins. Dale also said that Jenkins had mentioned to him how he fell out of love with his wife and wanted her gone.

After Jenkins was indicted in December 2017, he voluntarily spoke with a detective for two hours, records show. They discussed Joseph’s confession.

Jenkins said he met with Joseph but not about a murder: “Yeah he was sitting there on my couch. I didn’t think he was going to come back.”

L I N K !!

Back