• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
A Corydon mother is facing felony charges after prosecutors say that for the second time, a child under her care has died while co-sleeping in a bed with adults.

Tina Schmidt, age 35, is charged with reckless homicide and felony neglect of a dependent resulting in death. Authorities say her 10-month-old died on Oct. 29.

Harrison County Prosecutor Otto Schalk cited the child's cause of death as "sudden unexplained death of an infant" with unsafe sleeping conditions as a factor.

"The evidence shows there as at least one or more fully-grown individuals present in the bed, along with numerous blankets," Schalk said.

He added that there is evidence that Schmidt was under the influence of methamphetamine at the time.

Schalk said it wasn't the first time a child has died under Schmidt's care. He said four years ago, another child died of asphyxiation in the exact same bed under similar circumstances. He said no charges were filed in that case, but Schmidt did sign an agreement not to allow co-sleeping in the home in the future.

Schalk said that prior incident played into his decision to bring charges in this case.

"These charges are based upon the fact that Ms. Schmidt knew or should have known how dangerous her actions were, especially in light of the fact that four years ago, in the exact same bed...another child died that was in her care," Schalk said.

"When you have multiple children die as a result of the exact same set of behavior, at a certain point, that's when criminal charges become apparent," he added.
http://www.wdrb.com/story/37067518/...ith-reckless-homicide-after-10-month-old-dies
15630056_G.jpg

Usually if this happens once it's a horrible accident, with other factors such as other children in the bed, or intoxicants used. The parents are advised NOT to co sleep with future children, and from what I've seen with prior cases, if they do and another death or injury occurs they face charges. Bet this one was crashed after a meth binge... disgusting.

Usually if this happens once it's a horrible accident, with other factors such as other children in the bed, or intoxicants used. The parents are advised NOT to co sleep with future children, and from what I've seen with prior cases, if they do and another death or injury occurs they face charges. Bet this one was crashed after a meth binge... disgusting.
Maybe there will be no FUTURE children, all we can do is hope

I hate her ugly fucking face. She looks rough, I bet she is used to doing it in the dark, she looks like a dude, like when Bruce was still Bruce but not so much

Six years?! That's all her (second dead) baby's life was worth? And she got out in 2 years and 9 months...

JFC...It's too early to feel this stabby.

Her sentence is also a criminal offense! The justice system has devalued the life of an innocent child! She should have to be subject to automatic sterilization and Spend enough time in prison to make double sure she can’t reproduce! This way we could be reading the same story in a few more years! If she can afford to take drugs she could surely afford a crib for her baby!

TINA D SCHMIDT

Facility/LocationDischarge

Date of Sentence02/21/2019
DescriptionRECKLESS HOMICIDE
Term in Years / Months / Days

Projected Release Date 11/03/2021

Back