• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.

Sugar Cookie

Veteran Member
Bold Member!
February 22nd 2017

A central Illinois judge has sentenced a 22-year-old woman to three years in prison in the 2014 death of her 11-week-old daughter.

McLean County Judge Robert Freitag on Tuesday sentenced Elizabeth Potts, who was convicted in December of involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment. She previously was found at fault for leaving the baby in a car seat overnight while dressed in a snowsuit and covered with a blanket.

Medical reports show baby Leah-Renee Crafton died in November 2014 from a seizure disorder linked to a brain injury she suffered during the suffocation.

Potts on Tuesday told the judge, "It's been hard. I loved my daughter so much."

Potts' husband at the time, Timothy Crafton, served two years in prison after pleading guilty to child endangerment in the baby's death.
http://newschannel20.com/news/local...n-gets-3-year-term-for-babys-death-02-22-2017

Dec 1, 2016

A Bloomington woman was convicted Wednesday of involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment in the 2014 death of her daughter.

Elizabeth Potts, 22, was accused of leaving her then-11-week old baby dressed in a snowsuit in a car seat covered with a blanket overnight after she and her former husband returned home on Dec. 21, 2013.

Leah-Renee Crafton died about 11 months later of a seizure disorder linked to a brain injury she suffered during the suffocation, according to medical reports.

In his ruling, Judge Robert Freitag found that the evidence presented at a three-day bench trial last week supported the state's claims that Potts, who was 19 at the time, had been instructed by hospital staff and a pediatrician on the safe and proper way to put the baby to bed.

Potts also was convicted of one count and acquitted of a second count of obstruction of justice by lying to authorities about how the baby was put to bed.

That knowledge, coupled with the false statements Potts made to police and DCFS staff, showed that she knew her actions were wrong, said the judge.

In his comments on the verdicts, the judge also said, "There's no question the defendant had no intention to harm the child."

Potts cried through most of the 30-minute hearing and was comforted by family members as she left the courtroom. She remains free on bond ahead of a Feb. 21 sentencing where she could receive up to 14 years in prison, or probation.

Evidence and testimony during the trial supported allegations that the baby's death was caused by the mother's actions, said the judge. Leaving the baby in a car seat dressed in a snowsuit with a heavy blanket over her face was "just plain wrong and dangerous," said Freitag.

Potts' ex-husband Timothy Crafton pleaded guilty to child endangerment and was sentenced to two years in prison. He has since been released.
http://www.pantagraph.com/news/loca...cle_3a708e27-2924-53c2-8124-c67107cabe29.html
573fd42126a53.image.jpg

Whether she intended to harm that child or not isn't at issue.

The issue is that she DID, and it was neglect, and she needs to serve a punishment for that.

I suspect that she did something that eventually killed her daughter is a punishment in itself, but there's no way of PROVING that she gives a damn beyond her being caught. :shrug:

Why the hell did she leave the baby in the car in the first place???

Why there's no proof she actually gave a damn about the kid. =/

(Edit) And I missed that she left her kid alone in an unheated car in DECEMBER.

Yeah. At this point, throw everything at her. -_-

Last edited:
Why there's no proof she actually gave a damn about the kid. =/

(Edit) And I missed that she left her kid alone in an unheated car in DECEMBER.

Yeah. At this point, throw everything at her. -_-

She did not leave the baby in a car. The baby was asleep in the car seat and they left her in the car seat overnight inside the house and the baby suffocated.

Why so serious? Fucking degenerates didn’t take anything else serious like taking care of a helpless baby... fucking whore

Back