• You must be logged in to see or use the Shoutbox. Besides, if you haven't registered, you really should. It's quick and it will make your life a little better. Trust me. So just register and make yourself at home with like-minded individuals who share either your morbid curiousity or sense of gallows humor.
It sounds like you both actually agree with each other, but are misunderstanding each other. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding you both.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/07/25/us/minneapolis-police-shooting-slap/index.html
[....]
(CNN)In an interview with investigators last week, one of the two Minneapolis police officers involved in the fatal shooting of Justine Ruszczyk said he was startled by a "loud sound" near the squad car.

Immediately after that loud sound, Ruszczyk approached the driver's side window of the car and was fatally shot by Officer Mohamed Noor, according to investigators.

A recently revealed search warrant may explain the source of that startling sound: a slap.
[....]
The Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension used the warrant to search the area where the shooting happened, Minneapolis Public Radio said.

"Upon police arrival, a female 'slaps' the back of the patrol squad," the search warrant states, according to Minneapolis Public Radio. "After that, it is unknown to BCA agents what exactly happened, but the female became deceased in the alley."

The new detail may help explain what led to the July 15 fatal shooting of Ruszczyk, a 40-year-old Australian bride-to-be. Ruszczyk had called 911 about 11:30 p.m. on that Saturday night and asked police to investigate a possible sexual assault in the alley near her residence.

A police squad car with officers Michael Harrity and Mohamed Noor arrived on the scene. Less than 30 minutes later, Ruszczyk died of a single gunshot wound to the abdomen.
[....]

Proud of every one
No body's playing the racist card
I dislike that word so much
Perfect ..
Didn't even want to mention it
But. I had to Because it makes me feel good about you all
Or what ever ..

Logistically this story makes no sense. She was shot through the driver window, was talking to his partner through the driver window, but was somehow at the back of the car to "slap" it. WTF? Even if by some miracle it could be true, she still wouldn't have done anything to be shot. Even his partner was wtf about it! So apparently his partner didn't sense even a hint of danger.

I too am choosing not to believe this bizarre "car slap" aspect of the story. I can believe this woman was ignorant of how to properly deal with American police, even if youre a witness, especially if youre approaching their cruiser in a fucking alley at night. But i cant believe that ignorance went so far and so deep that she stupidly thought it was appropriate and a good idea to pound on the back of their cruiser loud enough to get their attention/startle them prior to popping up at their window. Sorry stormtroopers, but the lack of evidence via body cam or dash cam footage hurts your cause here. I def think they are spouting some bullshit to try and make their actions less awful or at least in some manner understandable or at the very least explainable.

Fuck it, I posted this in Chit Chat early this morning, but here is where it belongs and I'm willing to take my lumps if you disagree.
----
I've been in some serious life and death shit in my life, so what I'm about to comment is coming from a person who is not an armchair general or a Monday quarterback.

Over the last couple of years I've been watching a lot of police videos, dash or body cams, as well as unedited videos from private citizens. Most of the shootings I've seen have been, what is described as, "good" or "justified" shootings, but some of those shootings didn't feel right to me. Even though the police officer was following procedure, it made me feel uncomfortable. After talking to some of military buddies that I served with, it dawned on me. I realized that those "justified" shootings that made me uncomfortable was because that particular officer was scared and afraid to die.

Now, this might sound normal and sane, but when your job continually puts you in harm's way you can't effectively preform your duties if you are in constant fear. Many police academies teach hyper-vengeance, basically teaching officers to be in a never ending fearful state where every shadow, sound or person could kill you immediately. This might keep those individuals who aren't cut out to be police officers alive, but it leads to shootings at tail-wagging dogs, shooting a woman in pajamas because there was a noise or shooting a motorist because he reached for his wallet after he was asked for his identification. Some departments are aware of this and have changed their recruitment and training programs, unfortunately many have not.

I dont understand why you thought any of this would ruffle any feathers. This is all pretty obvious, commonly held viewpoints on the matter by most people.

with a misogynistic attitude.

Yeah you said it. Def no surprise on that one. Not sure what it has to do with the story though. I doubt he singled out and intentionally targeted some innocent blond woman simply cuz he doesnt think too highly of females.
[doublepost=1501284050,1501283113][/doublepost]
a know, both of you, I can kinda see what you a saying Cragor but don't think you grasping the whole situation of the fact that these are civilian situations not someone trying to blow your ass up and anyone that thinks that way about the public doesn't deserve a badge? What about the MURDERED victim? what if she'd had a gun and blew his ass away? Would you be so excusing?

Hopefully im not wrong, as that would make the user in question a fucking idiot, but nothing in his comments suggested to me that he was trying to excuse the actions of these cops. He was merely offering up a reason for why theyre likely wrongfully blasting away innocent citizens. He even says that if someone is too overcome by constant fear, they can not effectively do their job. Doesnt sound like an endorsement of such figures continuing to wear a badge and work a beat to me.

@PsychoKitty , I think you might be reading way to much into my comment, but that's your choice.
people have fallen back on that line of thought too any times and cases today it was done again on a national level. As I have tried to show, wasn't singling you out but the line of thought which I read into what is usually meant by it nothing personal about you
[doublepost=1501287551,1501287400][/doublepost]
I too am choosing not to believe this bizarre "car slap" aspect of the story. I can believe this woman was ignorant of how to properly deal with American police, even if youre a witness, especially if youre approaching their cruiser in a fucking alley at night. But i cant believe that ignorance went so far and so deep that she stupidly thought it was appropriate and a good idea to pound on the back of their cruiser loud enough to get their attention/startle them prior to popping up at their window. Sorry stormtroopers, but the lack of evidence via body cam or dash cam footage hurts your cause here. I def think they are spouting some bullshit to try and make their actions less awful or at least in some manner understandable or at the very least explainable." quote

his own partner refused tht in writing the next day, learn to read

"Hopefully im not wrong, as that would make the user in question a fucking idiot, but nothing in his comments suggested to me that he was trying to excuse the actions of these cops. He was merely offering up a reason for why theyre likely wrongfully blasting away innocent citizens. He even says that if someone is too overcome by constant fear, they can not effectively do their job. Doesnt sound like an endorsement of such figures continuing to wear a badge and work a beat to me.
"
you're usually wrong and a fucking asshole and an idiot when you want to be, feel like it or are having some issue, so be bent and see ya around

Logistically this story makes no sense. She was shot through the driver window, was talking to his partner through the driver window, but was somehow at the back of the car to "slap" it. WTF? Even if by some miracle it could be true, she still wouldn't have done anything to be shot. Even his partner was wtf about it! So apparently his partner didn't sense even a hint of danger.
Agree. First they say she was talking to his partner when she was shot.

Now they come up with this story that she slapped the back of the car and Noor was startled and shot her.

Can't have it both ways.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...nd-nothing-when-they-searched-home/568150001/
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Court documents show Minnesota investigators found nothing when they searched the home of an Australian woman shortly after she was fatally shot by a Minneapolis police officer.
[....]
Mohamed Noor, one of the two responding officers, shot her. He has declined to be interviewed by investigators.

Hours later, the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension obtained a search warrant for Damond's home. Agents checked inside for blood, hair, guns, ammunition, knives, drugs or writings. They took nothing from the home.

The Damond family attorney says the search was appropriate.

Bureau of Criminal Apprehension spokeswoman Jill Oliveira tells the Star Tribune investigators wanted to give prosecutors the most complete picture possible about what happened.

And getting weirder.

http://www.fox9.com/news/137-days-l...ers-still-to-be-interviewed-in-damond-killing
MINNEAPOLIS (KMSP) - Nearly five months after a Minneapolis police officer shot and killed Justine Damond, investigators have yet to interview the officers who responded to the scene in the immediate aftermath, the Fox 9 Investigators have learned.

The investigation into the officer-involved shooting was conducted by the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA). In September, the case was submitted to the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office for possible criminal charges against the Minneapolis police officer who fired the fatal shot, Mohamed Noor. Noor has steadfastly refused to be interviewed by investigators.

According to multiple sources, the Hennepin County Attorney’s Office is now asking its own investigators, five sworn Hennepin County Sheriff’s detectives, to join BCA investigators in seeking voluntary interviews with the Minneapolis police officers who responded to the scene.

Several of the officers are now seeking legal counsel before agreeing to an interview.

After the shooting, the responding Minneapolis police officers submitted detailed written reports, and some had activated their body cameras at the scene, but they were not interviewed by BCA agents. A spokesperson for the BCA would not explain why [....]

It is not unusual for prosecutors to seek additional investigation. In the police killings of both Jamar Clark and Philando Castile, prosecutors asked the BCA for additional information.

But in this case, Hennepin County prosecutors want their own detectives present during the interviews and participants in the follow-up investigation.

The Hennepin County Attorney’s Office declined to comment for this story, but a spokesperson said they still anticipate a charging decision by the end of the year.

A spokesperson for the BCA said the deputies are assisting with interviews the BCA is conducting.
[....]
But for all its flaws, a Grand Jury process allows prosecutors to subpoena witnesses, including police officers, and compel testimony under oath.

If the officers who witnessed the Damond killing decline a voluntary interview, it is still possible for Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo to compel them to give statements under a civil process known as Garrity, that protects public employees from self-incrimination.

This is absurd. Any regular person who shot an innocent woman, or witnessed the shooting, would not get the option of refusing to be interviewed for 5 months. Fuck these guilty, cowardly, scumbag cops, throw their asses in jail and let them rot until they are ready to be interviewed.

They killed an innocent woman. In her pajamas. Who had called for their assistance because she heard a woman being attacked near her home.

Last edited:
10 December 2017

Heartbroken family, friends and supporters of Australian life coach Justine Damond are bracing for the announcement of whether the US police officer who shot her dead in an alley will be charged.

The Minneapolis prosecutor who will make the decision, Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman, has said he would make a decision before the end of the year.

Minneapolis and its sister city St Paul have been rocked by violent protests in the aftermath of a spate of recent police shootings and authorities are preparing for a backlash whether Officer Mohamed Noor is charged or not for the July 15 fatal shooting of Ms Damond.

'There's going to be a reaction from certain segments in the community regardless of what decision is made,' Minneapolis Police Chief Medaria Arradondo told the Minneapolis Star-Tribune newspaper.

Ms Damond's family and supporters have raised concerns about how long the investigation has taken.

'Our group believes justice delayed is justice denied,' said Todd Schuman, a member of Justice for Justine.

'We're absolutely outraged that it's taken so long.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-backlash-Justine-Damonds-shooter-court.html

The cameras should be wired never to switch off. If only to prevent scumbag cops from legalised murder.

He shot a defenseless woman in her pyjamas ffs. And, oh look. They never found any drugs in their fake search...

Hey maybe the cop had tried to pick her up at some point and was holding a grudge for being turned down.

If she slapped the back of the car there should have been prints.

Everytime bodycams are off I feel the cops are lying to cover their asses.

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2017/12/14/ruszczyk-damond-freeman-noor-minneapolis-police-shooting
Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman told a group of union members Wednesday that he does not have enough evidence to decide yet whether he'll file charges against Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor, and he blamed "investigators" for not doing their jobs.
[....]
Twin Cities Coalition for Justice 4 Jamar posted the prosecutor's conversation with a group of union members during the Minneapolis Regional Labor Federation holiday reception Wednesday night on the activist group's Facebook page.

Freeman's remarks came after one of the activists asked him why he hadn't yet announced charges in the case against Noor.

"I've got to have the evidence and I don't have it yet. And let me just say, it's not my fault," Freeman said in the video. "So if it isn't my fault, who didn't do their jobs? ... Investigators, and they don't work for me. And they haven't done their job."

Freeman did not say specifically which investigators he was talking about or the agency they worked for.
[....]
Freeman has said that he expected to review the evidence and make a decision by the end of the year on whether to charge Noor in the shooting.

In the video, Freeman tells union members: "I'm not going to make it worse by just doing a knee-jerk charge and say let the jury decide. No, no. I have to know what happened before I can charge. And that's when I'm doing my job. And thanks for having some patience.

"Trust me. Nobody wants it done for Christmas more than me. That's ... that's the big present I'd like to see under the Christmas tree.
[....]
Noor's lawyer, Thomas C. Plunkett, said [....]
"No lawyer wants their client placed under a Christmas tree as a present to a vocal segment of the community. That said, this case is about an officer that followed procedure and training," Plunkett said. "This lead to the death of a very fine person which is a horrible tragedy, but not a crime."

In response to Freeman's criticism of investigators, Plunkett said the job of investigators is to gather evidence and not create it.

"I'm concerned by any supplemental investigation, especially if it is directly overseen and influenced by the county attorney," he said.

Until now, Freeman hadn't spoken publicly about the status of the investigation. A spokesperson for the Hennepin County Attorney's Office said they are aware of the video and did not dispute what the prosecutor said, but declined to say more about it.
[....]
In the conversation on the video, Freeman explained to the union members "I have to prove beyond reasonable doubt the moment he shot the gun, he feared for his life. And he used force because he thought he was gonna be killed. But I can't, he won't answer my questions. Because he doesn't have to, OK? We all have Fifth Amendment rights, and I respect that."

Noor has declined to speak with investigators. Freeman added that Harrity, Noor's partner who was driving the squad car at the time of the shooting, didn't provide enough information to bring charges.

Freeman explained that he must analyze the shooting extensively with physical evidence, along with use of force expert analysis of the incident, before coming to a decision to charge Noor.

According to the Minneapolis Police Department, Noor remains on paid administrative leave.
[....]
here's a nice lady who hears something bad outside, she calls the cops, they don't come, she calls again, they drive by in her alley, they don't stop to talk with her, and she comes out in her jammies, and she's killed by a cop. Sounds easy doesn't it? But, it's not just," Freeman said on the video Wednesday, adding, "Can I prove the cop shot her? I could've done that the first day. That's not how it works."
[....]
Sam Sanchez, a union member and an organizer with the group Twin Cities Coalition for Justice 4 Jamar, recorded the conversation.
[....]
"Mike Freeman can charge Noor if he wanted to," he said. "Any prosecutor that's what they do, they build their case. How do you build your case? Yes you have to have some evidence, but that has never stopped anybody before from prosecuting. They will also build their case through their witnesses that they call to testify."

Minneapolis attorney Bob Bennett, who represents Ruszczyk's family in Australia, said he was concerned, but not surprised, by Freeman's comments about the BCA investigation.

"I hope that the BCA hasn't so irretrievably damaged the evidence, or failed to recover evidence that should be reasonably expected to be recovered at the time that the crime occurred," Bennett said. "And I use the term crime pointedly and intentionally."

Bennett also represented the family of Dawn Pfister, who was shot and killed by a Chaska police officer in 2014. The city settled that case for $1.75 million earlier this year, although a grand jury declined criminal charges.

Bennett said BCA investigators in that case didn't challenge officers' stories or use all the evidence available to them.

"There needs to be a housecleaning," Bennett said. "There's no reason that the BCA couldn't do [investigations of police], but they have to want to do it, and they have to be made to do it by supervising personnel."
[doublepost=1513629517,1513354756][/doublepost]http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/1...ning-in-years-before-justine-damond-shooting/
The Minneapolis Police Department reduced the psychological tests it gives to new recruits from five to one as it relied in recent years on a psychiatrist with no experience in law enforcement psychology, according to a report broadcast Thursday.

The department’s recruiting and training practices have been questioned since an officer killed an unarmed 911 caller when she approached his squad car in the alley behind her home this summer. Officer Mohamed Noor has refused to say publicly why he shot Justine Ruszczyk Damond, and the county attorney is still deciding whether to charge him. The fallout led to the resignation of then-police Chief Janee Harteau.

There is no way to know whether Noor’s psychological makeup played a role his decision to pull the trigger, or whether any screening could have detected such an inclination, according to APM Reports, an investigative unit of Minnesota Public Radio. But the protocol used with Noor and 200 other new officers during the past five years is less extensive than in comparable cities and other Minnesota agencies. It’s also less rigorous than national best practices.

Starting in 2012, Minneapolis eliminated four of the five psychological tests it was using, even though a Justice Department study found that some of the tests had been effective. And over the past 15 years, APM Reports found, Minneapolis has fired some of the most qualified police psychologists in Minnesota, then turned to a succession of mental health professionals with little or no experience in the specialty.
[....]
Dr. Thomas Gratzer, a psychiatrist who cut the tests from five to one. His resume shows no experience in law enforcement psychology.

New Police Chief Medaria Arradondo told APM Reports he had no concerns about any officers Gratzer approved. Going forward, though, he said the city will follow state regulations requiring a licensed psychologist to give officers the green light.

Minneapolis is in the process of replacing Gratzer.
[....]
Like most states, Minnesota allows local departments to decide their own screening protocols. By contrast, California has created a 200-page manual widely regarded as a set of best practices. It calls for at least two tests, one to weed out unstable candidates, the other to identify applicants who would be a good fit.

Minneapolis has offered the job to Jan Tyson Roberts, a licensed psychologist who acknowledges she has never screened aspiring police officers. She hasn’t decided what tests she’ll administer, but said there will be more than one.

“It’s never a good idea to only use one test,” she said. “You always want to use collateral information when you’re making a decision as important as that.”

Back